Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Zombies on TV Thread

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So a year+ on, I assume 'Lifeless' is dead!?
    Say it aint so!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    So a year+ on, I assume 'Lifeless' is dead!?
    That sucks.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    That sucks.
    Well, it may still be alive, but there's been no news about it for a year now...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Well, it may still be alive, but there's been no news about it for a year now...
    If there hasn't been any news on it for a year,it's dead.

Undisclosed
    There's some hope. They recently tweaked their homepage ... AGAIN ... although no new content, it seems there webmaster is still ALIVE and kicking.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They're showing Gangs of the DEAD on the movie channel tonight at 11:30.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    They're showing Gangs of the DEAD on the movie channel tonight at 11:30.
    I'am going to record it,and watch it later.But it looks like it's going to be bad.

I just got done watching Gangs of the DEAD,and it was horrible.Why am I not surprised?
    Last edited by Bub666; 31-Aug-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Bub, saw Gangs of the Dead in the video rental store a couple days ago, and the cover art turned me off. Glad to know I didn't miss anything...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    Bub, saw Gangs of the Dead in the video rental store a couple days ago, and the cover art turned me off. Glad to know I didn't miss anything...
    Yeah,it was on the sci-fi channel a few weeks ago.And I watched it,because I'll give any zombie movie a chance.It was such a horrible zombie movie.It made me want to throw up.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Unhappy t.v series ?

As posted on this site, there were rumors about a new t.v series based around the films of the living dead series. These rumors were actualy true but has anyone heard anymore about it ? ie has filming begun ? is there still going to be any made ? if so when is it due for release ?

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by rommel_uk View Post
    As posted on this site, there were rumors about a new t.v series based around the films of the living dead series. These rumors were actualy true but has anyone heard anymore about it ? ie has filming begun ? is there still going to be any made ? if so when is it due for release ?
    GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Not sure if this has already been posted here but Robert Kirkman's awesome comic "The Walking Dead" has just been picked up to be turned into a TV series for the channel AMC. "Shawshank Redemption" director Frank Darabond has been put in charge to adapt the comic to TV.
    Here's a link to the article:
    http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle6796372.ece

The comic is simply brilliant and IMO the best comic going right now. This is MAJOR news for zombie fans.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by carpetbeggar View Post
    GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Not sure if this has already been posted here but Robert Kirkman's awesome comic "The Walking Dead" has just been picked up to be turned into a TV series for the channel AMC. "Shawshank Redemption" director Frank Darabond has been put in charge to adapt the comic to TV.
    Here's a link to the article:
    http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle6796372.ece

The comic is simply brilliant and IMO the best comic going right now. This is MAJOR news for zombie fans.
    WOW! You should start a devoted thread to this! I bet Frank Darabont will do an awesome job with this.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    I hope The Walking Dead isn't a adaptation, I think a mini series featuring the exploits of various characters preceding the comic would be better, they have some interesting backgrounds.
    If it is a adaptation, some of the stuff might not fly like Andrea, Dale and Rick may be pristine from bloody encounters, Otis being a racist may be unnacceptable, Lori AND Judy may escape woodbury's massacre and Rachel, susie and Tyreese may meet gentler ends.
    also The Walking Dead should only be a subtitle if it's about a new set of characters in another corner of the world.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    has anyone heard about AMC FearFest '09 showing a "digitally restored" version of NOTLD68 for the first time on Halloween several times in a row starting at 6pm. which version are they airing?

England
    Death Valley was on MTV last night.

http://www.mtv.com/shows/death_valley/series.jhtml

Exactly as expected. Not very good but i did chuckle a few times so i'll keep watching.

I think my tastes are getting worse as i get older
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA