Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x04 "Indifference" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 4x04 "Indifference" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

The fourth episode of season four! We're half way through this stint of episodes, and a quarter of the way through the whole season.

Please keep all talk of episode 4x04 "Indifference" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Enjoy!

Episode 4.04: “Indifference” - The supply mission faces hurdles; the situation at the prison worsens. Directed by Tricia Brock, Written by Matt Negrete.
    Directed by the lady who did "Clear", so I'm looking forward to this one. She's doing two episodes this season.

England
    Infection, Isolation and now Indifference. Hmmmm. Wonder of it means anything?
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Infection, Isolation and now Indifference. Hmmmm. Wonder of it means anything?
    Maybe the writers are really into Joy Division, The Cure, and such ?

Super Moderator

UK
    The next episode's title also begins with an "I", but after that the alliteration stops.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 03-Nov-2013 at 04:21 PM.

United States
    Glad it's ending. Too many one word titles in a row kinda annoys me for some dumb reason. Not too mention they all start with an "I".
    Last edited by Moon Knight; 03-Nov-2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Bad punctuation is bad.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Dead

United States
    Daryl dies tonight.

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Daryl dies tonight.
    RIP Daryl

Dead

United States
    Great episode!

Had everything I like to see. It was mission based, but it still contained the right amount of drama and character depth. See! It's possible!

Reminded me alot of 18 Miles Out with the ending where Tyreese is looking out the car window at the rural landscape.
    It's like a breath of fresh air to be out of that fucking prison! Even if it's just for an episode...

Don't know what to say about Carol. I don't think we've seen the last of her.

There's that scene they keep showing with the pile of burning bodies and Daryl, Rick, Maggie, Glenn, and Carol are standing there. So unless that's a deleted scene or something, Carol ends up back at the prison. Maybe she encounters the herd and comes back to warn everyone?
    Last edited by babomb; 04-Nov-2013 at 02:18 AM. Reason: .

Dying

United States
    Yea that was a great episode. Post-apocalypse journeying is a lot funner to watch than the "hunkering down in fortress" stuff that is a bit too prevalent in the genre. So long as you keep the atmosphere intense, you can literally just scatter news papers in an office building, have the characters walk cautiously through the set and play some creepy synth music, and it's engrossing television.

I like where this season is going.
    They've had interesting zombie gags; ceiling zombies, infected zombies, zombies bursting through the hedges, zombies taking down fence, massive herd.
    They've gone darker and bleaker in tone, reminding me of nuclear fallout movies, what with the sickness and quarantine.
    Each episode has had a hook to bring you into next week, much like the comic. Harry Potter collapsing, the burnt corpses, the horde / Carol reveal, and now Carol getting banished.

Hope the tension keeps ramping up. Half way to the break

United States
    Wow. Carol. When she reached for the door handle and it was locked I knew something heavy was coming. Leadership sometimes sounds cool on paper and war movies but it comes with a heavy burden to bear. It obviously hurt Rick to do that. I myself was sad. Experiencing Carol from season 1 till now I will always root for the core group to survive and do well. But just a damn good episode. As mentioned above, breath of fresh air to be the fuck outta the prison.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Great episode. Probably my favorite of Season Four thus far.

While Carol being left behind is obviously the biggest focus of the episode, I can't help but think more of Daryl's "gangsta" moment with Bob while thinking of this episode. I'm not even a big fan of Daryl like some, but man....that had me cracking up....

United States
    I think that's the angriest we've seen Daryl since his first appearance.

Loved the episode and how Rick was analyzing Carol between all of their conversations. Almost as if he was testing her by her responses. Sophia; nothing more than someone's slideshow? Damn, did she ever go cold or what?
    Rick thought about it, went through all the options, and made a hard decision. Carol lost in the end.

Great stuff.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Dead

United States
    Rick really didn't have the right to do what he did. He should've given her the choice of leaving on her own, or being judged by the council.
    He's doing the same thing he said she didn't have the right to do. Make decisions like that. Rick retired the Ricktatorship in favor of the council. How is the council ever gonna be a legitimate entity if people keep making decisions on their own, outside of the council?
    All the other members of the group should be pissed off that Rick acted without taking things up with the council. After all, isn't that what the council was created for? To make decisions on the behalf of the group as a whole.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    Rick really didn't have the right to do what he did. He should've given her the choice of leaving on her own, or being judged by the council.
    He's doing the same thing he said she didn't have the right to do. Make decisions like that. Rick retired the Ricktatorship in favor of the council. How is the council ever gonna be a legitimate entity if people keep making decisions on their own, outside of the council?
    All the other members of the group should be pissed off that Rick acted without taking things up with the council. After all, isn't that what the council was created for? To make decisions on the behalf of the group as a whole.
    It was clearly stated what might happen if "The Council" found out about Carol's actions. Sasha is part of the council, she tells Tyreese, then Tyreese murders Carol. One problem on top of another. Rick tried to end it in the best way he could. Although....it's pretty obvious that Carol will come back around sooner or later. Rick still has to go back....
    Last edited by bassman; 04-Nov-2013 at 05:30 AM. Reason: .

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I think that's the angriest we've seen Daryl since his first appearance.

Loved the episode and how Rick was analyzing Carol between all of their conversations. Almost as if he was testing her by her responses. Sophia; nothing more than someone's slideshow? Damn, did she ever go cold or what?
    Rick thought about it, went through all the options, and made a hard decision. Carol lost in the end.

Great stuff.
    I don't personally see what she said about Sophia as her going cold. I understand what she's saying completely. It's not cold, it's a necessary decision. As someone who's personally had an immediate family member murdered, I made that same decision myself. It's not something that people understand well unless they've actually been in that position and chose to see it that way.
    When something like that happens you can either keep it real close and let it effect your life and how you live it, or you can choose to not allow it to be the thing that defines your existence. Choosing the latter doesn't mean you've grown cold or that you don't care. It means you make a conscious decision to regain control over your thoughts and actions and not let something that happened in the past control your future.

That doesn't usually happen for years after the event, but in that world it would have to happen faster or it would effect your ability to survive. You still have to wake up everyday. And the walkers don't give personal days or short term disability. You either cope and live, or you don't. It's a personal decision.
    Bob is a good example of what happens to people who don't make that decision. He self medicates to cope, it effects the decisions he makes and his relationships with others. If he doesn't face that shit, he's not gonna make it.