Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII (film) - December 18th 2015

Ireland
    That sounds bloody awful.

The rebels disband after destroying the second death star??? What?

REBEL LEADER: "Ah feck it, we'll be grand...sure we blew up their auld Death Star."

REBEL PILOT: "But, they could build another. They've already built two!"

REBEL LEADER: "SHUT UP YOU, we'll be grand!"

Meanwhile, across the galaxy...

EMPIRE BOSS (Newly promoted): "Well, that's plan A and plan B buggered. TWO bleedin' Death Stars blown to pieces."

EMPIRE WEAPONS ENGINEER: "Well...Joe's been working on a real doozy. if you think those Death Stars were great, you should go down to the workshop and have a look at what he has in mind."
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    ^^ lol!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

England
    It seems to be leaking out to other websites now and still no word from JJ if it's legit. If that's the real synopsis then they need to turn the ship around. Almost everyone I've linked to it has said, "You're winding me up, innit?"

The George A. Romero Fan Assembly @ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/geor...rofanassembly/

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'm no Star Wars fan or expert, but the notion that the Rebels disband and that Han, Luke and Leia part ways (and never see each other again) is very much contradicting everything that the "expanded universe" of George Lucas sanctioned books has already deemed as canon.

In many ways, what happens after the last Star Wars film is already set in stone. Han marries Leia, Luke forms the New Jedi Order and the Rebels found the New Republic. Even if this film is huge, and will probably tell a new story altogether, they will have to tell a store that doesn't contradict that stuff.

Administrator

England
    Nice little interview with Mark Hamill - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28466562

Have to say, seems like a really nice guy!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'm no Star Wars fan or expert, but the notion that the Rebels disband and that Han, Luke and Leia part ways (and never see each other again) is very much contradicting everything that the "expanded universe" of George Lucas sanctioned books has already deemed as canon.

In many ways, what happens after the last Star Wars film is already set in stone. Han marries Leia, Luke forms the New Jedi Order and the Rebels found the New Republic. Even if this film is huge, and will probably tell a new story altogether, they will have to tell a store that doesn't contradict that stuff.
    Abrams, Kasdan, and Kennedy have all stated that they're completely ignoring the EU and going in their own direction.

Administrator

England
    Harrison Ford back on his feet! - http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1884224
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Abrams, Kasdan, and Kennedy have all stated that they're completely ignoring the EU and going in their own direction.
    What I read wasn't that they were gonna ignore it, but rather that they weren't going to take into consideration the EU plotlines when writing this one.
    I very much doubt they will write an adventure that will contradict the EU, considering the amount of merchandise and millions that's been poured into that - and still is.

Administrator

England
    My friend mentioned how a few weeks back he was at Pinewood when they craned in a full sized tie fighter. It was clearly damaged and was put into a set seemingly making it look like it had crashed.

His said it was amazing to be standing there as a full sized tie fighter "flew" through the air
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    They're over here shooting on Skellig Michael at the moment, I think.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Mark Hamill's son recently posted this picture of the Jedi Knight in front of one of the film's sound stages.

ep7-studio-656.jpg

He looks like he's gotten into good shape for his age and I really hope he keeps that awesome beard for the film. I'm assuming he will, but with the recent pause in filming because of Ford's injury, who knows? I guess it'd be a nice bit of continuity for him to have a beard as an older Jedi, like Obi Wan and Qui Gon. If he does keep the beard, it helps make him look like a badass knight rather than an aging actor trying to relive his glory days. I certainly wouldn't want to mess with a guy looking like he does in that picture...
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Aug-2014 at 02:21 PM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    ^^ Yeh, that contractual beard looks good!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Yep, I dig the bearded look too. Definitely gives his facer a meaner, sharper look.

Super Moderator

Germany

I like the new stormtrooper helmets. Some of the negative responses to it are hilariously stupid... "The empire was broken. How could they afford new helmets? 30 years is not enough time to warrant a change."