Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII (film) - December 18th 2015

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Look sweet. I don't know why, but my first thought was "Looks a hell of a lot better than the clone trooper helmets".

Administrator

England
    Note Batman's Tumbler at end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C7lUfVIOa4
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Just so long as it isn't all about this: ;D

Last edited by wayzim; 07-Nov-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: B'cuz

United States
    All I've heard is good about the new movie, but that title is cringe worthy.
    Still stoked, but please change the name.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Episode VIII: The Force Has Brunch

Super Moderator

UK
    Episode IX: The Force Has Its Morning Dump

Yeah ... "The Force Awakens" is a bit of a ... meh kind of title. It doesn't sound particularly kick arse, does it? It's not awful, but ... hmmm.

Ireland
    None of the Star Wars titles are anything inspiring though.

I'd actually be more surprised if I thought "wow, what a cool title!"
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    I expect the new title will refer to a new generation of Jedi being recruited/taught by aster Skywalker (at least they didn't call it "the next generation" though)

This is worrying simply because it will involve loads of young people who tend to have a negative effect on films for me.

I won't write it off just yet though...SW got it's claws into me when I was a child and has never really let go...even though a lot of the modern stuff is hugely disappointing.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    This is worrying simply because it will involve loads of young people who tend to have a negative effect on films for me.
    I feel like the casting of relative unknowns will go a long way to helping audiences accept them as the "next generation", as you correctly put it. I've seen a few of them in some smaller independent films and they seemed to be quite good at what they do. The guy from Attack The Block and the guy that played the troublesome boyfriend in Drive. The latter of which actually doesn't appear to be all that young(maybe early-mid 30s?), so that may also help with the transition.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I feel like the casting of relative unknowns will go a long way to helping audiences accept them as the "next generation", as you correctly put it. I've seen a few of them in some smaller independent films and they seemed to be quite good at what they do. The guy from Attack The Block and the guy that played the troublesome boyfriend in Drive. The latter of which actually doesn't appear to be all that young(maybe early-mid 30s?), so that may also help with the transition.
    The original cast were all kids more or less, so that doesn't bother me. And they were all unknowns, which helped IMO. So no big deal.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    The original cast were all kids more or less, so that doesn't bother me. And they were all unknowns, which helped IMO. So no big deal.
    I think Harrison Ford was the old man of the crew, and he was known from Lucas' American Graffiti. Harrison mostly helped with the casting choices at first, and was chosen to be Hans Solo just about when they'd picked everyone else; if my memory serves me, that is.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Oh...oh wow, that looked really, really sexy!

X-Wings flying at sea level, the lovely vintage looking blocky speeder bike, the new dark Jedi...and the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy is back!

F*cking Star Wars, man...it's been making me its bitch for nearly four decades now!
    Last edited by Legion2213; 28-Nov-2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    ^^ Yep!

But we know Abrams can do the eye candy, but his problem is often the script... Please let's have a solid meaty intelligent script! Not just an excuse for effect after effect!
    -Carl Sagan