Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Star Wars VII (film) - December 18th 2015

Ireland
    Well, Snooky is a hologram, so I'm not too bothered about that. But Maz is a full on real world character and, personally, I think it's ALWAYS a bad idea to try and do a CGI character in full. The mechanics just are not there yet and it's truly exceptional when it's pulled off, ah la Gollum and Caeser, both of which have an awful lot to thank Andy Serkis for.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Having now watched the film in the comfort of my own living room thanks to the HD leak yesterday, I feel like I can confidently say I doubt that I could be any happier with the start of this new trilogy. Sure, there are some things that I wish were different, and sure it takes some of the same beats from the original films, but all-in-all, I really enjoy this flick and will be proud to have it sitting next to my OT blurays. I seriously doubt that Abrams or any other creative team could have done any better in pleasing the OT fans while also creating a starting point for a new trilogy and generation of fans. The greatest aspect of all this is that I'm confident Rian Johnson will raise the bar with the next film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    ... and sure it takes all of the same beats from the original films ...
    Fixed that for you, you seem to have slipped up.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Episode Eight has officially been named The Last Jedi.

Ireland
    So, that means Luke dies in this one probably, leaving Rey as...ahem...the "last" Jedi.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Jedi is plural too though, isn't it? Could be more than one. Or if it is indeed referring to one person, it could be Luke?...

Administrator

England
    Jedi is plural too though, isn't it? Could be more than one. Or if it is indeed referring to one person, it could be Luke?...
    Nice thinking there!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    What? Meaning they kill off Mary Sue or make her join the darkside with kylo? Leaving Luke as the last Jedi and having to face them?

Can't see that happening. It would be a bloody great twist, but I can't see Disney do that.

Mind you...

**Rogue One spoiler**

they did allow Gareth Edwards to kill everyone at the end of 'Rogue One'.

Didn't see that coming.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Jan-2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Tagged a spoiler.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    What? Meaning they kill off Mary Sue or make her join the darkside with kylo? Leaving Luke as the last Jedi and having to face them?

Can't see that happening. It would be a bloody great twist, but I can't see Disney do that.

Mind you...

**Rogue One spoiler**

they did allow Gareth Edwards to kill everyone at the end of 'Rogue One'.

Didn't see that coming.
    No, what I mean is it could be referring more to the start of the film and the overall arc, which means at this moment, Luke is the last Jedi. Prior to training Rey, which we all know is coming.

But my money is on Jedi actually being plural. Think of the wprd Samurai and also that film, The Last Samurai. By looking at the marketing you would think it's about Tom Cruise being the last singular Samurai, when in fact it's about a group of Samurai.

Ireland
    Um, ok.

It's speculation at this point anyway. I'm only hoping for something that's better than 'The Force Awakens' at the moment and for Disney to keep with the more adult approach of 'Rogue One'.

Administrator

England
    Jedi is plural too though, isn't it? Could be more than one.
    10 points to you! - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...t-episode-viii
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan