Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII (film) - December 18th 2015

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Yep!

But we know Abrams can do the eye candy, but his problem is often the script... Please let's have a solid meaty intelligent script! Not just an excuse for effect after effect!
    After Ford made his opinion of the last Indy film public, as well as his 30+ year hate for Star Wars, you have to think that he saw something good in the script. You know, either that or the cruise liner full of money they offered him. Either one...

The shots in this teaser definitely are beautiful. I can't describe the fanboy excitement I felt when I saw those x wings and the falcon. But it's good to keep in mind that even the trailer for Phantom Menace looked good, so there's also that.

United States
    I dunno.
    I jizzed a little when I saw it this morning.
    The sword saber looks cool, but those side thangies look kind of pointless. Still...
    Wonder who was narrating at the beginning. I need to be carbon frozen until next Christmas.
    Auuuugggghhhhhhh!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Wonder who was narrating at the beginning. I need to be carbon frozen until next Christmas.
    I've just seen on another site that the narrator could be Andy Serkis? I've heard it could also be Serkis at the beginning and Max Von Sydow toward the end, so who knows?

Something else that they pointed out and I hadn't noticed.....We actually see all three of the "big" new characters. Aside from the obvious shot of the fellow from Attack the Block near the beginning, we also see Oscar Isaac piloting the X-wing and Daisy Ridley(reportedly Han and Leia's daughter) riding the machine in the desert. I hadn't noticed it was those actors at all...

UK
    Love that the Falcon has new radar dish! And it's sporting some new fins on the back end - guess Han's been making some special modifications again! Stoked...

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I can't describe the fanboy excitement I felt when I saw those x wings and the falcon.
    Yeh, me too. Complete nerd chubby.

I've seen the trailer a few times over the day and from what I've seen, I'm in.

Please JJ, don't fuck it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I've just seen on another site that the narrator could be Andy Serkis? I've heard it could also be Serkis at the beginning and Max Von Sydow toward the end, so who knows?
    It ain't Max Von Sydow, that's for sure.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Tibet
    My first thought upon seeing the actors were Lando's son, Han & Leia's son & daughter. The lightsaber actually makes a little sense, after I thought about it for a while. The originals were more like katanas, with no real cross guard to them. That one is more like a broadsword, with crossguards that would have to also be from plasma. That may lend itself to a whole different set of combat tactics.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    It ain't Max Von Sydow, that's for sure.
    I didn't think so, either. Unless he's intentionally altering his voice. My money is on it being Serkis(I can hear hints of him toward the beginning) all the way through. And now that I think about it after watching this teaser, Serkis would make an amazing palpatine-esqe sort of villain.

More importantly.....who's the cloaked character with the saber? Could recent rumors lead to that not necessarily being a villain?....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The sword looks dumb.

The rest looks neat tho.
    My only real fear is that this seems to tie in with the leaked synopsis... And that was really, really bad.

Ireland
    Agree on the sword looking silly. Something like that would be more dangerous to the guy wielding it than his target.

@At Bass - agree on Serkis being a good villain.

Ummm...it seems I'm very agreeable this evening.

Administrator

England
    Why don't the evil people ever have high pitched squeaky voices?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ever seen Pixar's 'Up'?

Best villain voice in history.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Cos you get more testosterone when you're evil Neil.

tsk...

United States
    dat trailer.....goosebumps. will be there, day one.

Administrator

England
    Seems the previous trailer had been released incorrectly too soon before Abrams had finished the post-production special effects.

Here's his proper version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPuUiENIuPI

They've let Lucas at it too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v93Jh6JNBng
    -Carl Sagan