Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x05 "Internment" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    One thing we all need to keep in mind: we don't know what anyone on the show would or wouldn't do in made up situations. Just for some examples: we don't know that Daryl will get pissed at Rick and leave to go search for Carol. We don't know that Carol would go on a shanking spree. We don't know Batman will beat up Superman, etc..

Unless someone is a writer on the show, they don't know what anyone will/would do. It's all just opinions in our heads what we think characters would do. (and we all know what they say about opinions! we all got 'em!)

I know, just speaking for myself, I like to relax and watch everything and enjoy it for what it is, escapist entertainment. I rather enjoy it when characters don't do what I would expect them to. Otherwise, where's the fun? (and Moony, this isn't directed at you, just a general blanket statement is all.)
    Hold on. Batman can't beat up superman. You must be riding high with your Lions taking command of the North

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Because they rather him shank them in front of those whose fate mirrors those of the dearly departed; you know, like Carol would.

“A sad soul can kill quicker than a germ.”
    Nah, Carol would sneak around and shank them in the dark, drag their bodies outside leaving a trail of blood and set fire to them...a very considerate and caring lass is our Carol...
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Nah, Carol would sneak around and shank them in the dark, drag their bodies outside leaving a trail of blood and set fire to them...a very considerate and caring lass is our Carol...
    She sure has a way of doing thangs, doesn't she.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Hold on. Batman can't beat up superman. You must be riding high with your Lions taking command of the North
    Its the comics nerd in me And I'm a baseball and hockey guy. The Lions are doing good? I guess that's an okay thing then.
    Last edited by sandrock74; 12-Nov-2013 at 03:56 AM. Reason: double posted

Administrator

England
    Woah woah woah...

Batman can and has beaten up superman several times, most recently in the dark knight returns.

Call yourselves nerds

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Woah woah woah...

Batman can and has beaten up superman several times, most recently in the dark knight returns.

Call yourselves nerds
    Beaten up is an understatement...he left him for dead in the Amazon didn't he? (haven't read it since it first came out, but I remember the brutal kicking he gave him!!!)
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Only thing that annoyed me was how they still don't seem to be learning the basics. So there's a prison wing full of ill/dying people.... and... they still get caught out when one or more of the die?

It should be top of the list to close the doors all the time! Not just as a passing thought!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

United States
    Problem with the blood trail thing:
    Go back and watch every single head-stab you've ever seen. Even of Walkers that only turned moments prior. When have you EVER seen that HORRENDOUS amount of blood like those dragged bodies?
    I'll bet dimes to dollars, WHOEVER DID IT, that the initial wounds were NOT brain-terminating. There's simply no way to get THAT much blood, PLUS blood on your HANDS to leave a bloody handprint with a simple head-stab. Karen and David were stabbed mortally, and then in the heads to prevent reanimation. It isn't EVIDENCE per se, but it does beg the question WHY, if it was indeed Carol who killed Karen & David, she would have knifed them anywhere but the head?

I mean, a human caught by surprise...or Hell, a human that SICK isn't any HARDER a target than a Walker skull. A possible answer could be Lizzie's child-like fascination with pooled blood....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Hershal is suffering badly, seeing him get worn down to tears over the course of the episode made me feel really sad, I like the character a lot. His comment about "having come to this" now that they can't bury bodies and have to burn them instead was particularly poignant, this is a God fearing man who believes all the dead should have a decent burial.

The interactions between himself and Maggie are fantastic, real lump in the throat stuff sometimes, they are very believable as a father and daughter.

Carl is becoming a far better character as well, the kid is growing up and proved his worth helping his old man out with that breach and is just a Hell of a lot less annoying than he used to be. The writers seem to be scripting him as "trying his best" to make his dad proud and such-like.

Michonne cracked another huge smile when she spoke to Hersh...nice to see her becoming more human.
    1) Agreed - a big old toll on Hershel in this one. I'd also like to point out, to those complaining about Hershel and the cell doors, that Hershel was constantly closing the doors - but it was the dozy bastards inside the cells that kept opening the doors half the time. In one case he'd just closed two doors, someone fell out of a third and died, and then the two he'd just closed were opened up by the looky-loo occupants. Hershel's essentially running the entire wing by himself, he's an old man with his work cut out, so he can only manage so much ... and if he locked the doors he wouldn't be able to get in and out as quickly as he'd need to if someone started choking on their own blood and gunk ... a walker wouldn't figure out to pull the door open, so that's okay.

2) Remember in season three when Hershel was on the bed with his leg off and Maggie was saying goodbye to him ... that was a hell of a gut punch scene. Cohan knocked that one right out of the park. It felt so true (indeed, IIRC, Mazzara/the writer based that scene on how they themselves said goodbye to their own father when they were on their death bed).

3) The evolution of Carl has been really good over the seasons. It's good to see he understands better now that you can't just run around shooting the place up - he's been taught that killing that boy in the woods was morally dubious at best, and murder at worst. There's a huge deal of importance attached to pulling a trigger, this ain't a game. It's good to see that Rick The Father has come to the fore again as the Rick/Carl relationship is absolutely essential - and central - to The Walking Dead in my view.

4) It was interesting to see Hershel go "hell yeah!" and be so gung-ho after he'd just been weeping in his cell hours prior. Maybe he just needed to get it out of his system ... and yeah, loving the lighter side of Michonne to nicely balance out the stony-faced sword-swinging moments.

Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    I am computer illiterate and still havent figured out how to post multi quotes......I give up
    On the right, beside "Reply With Quote", you'll see a button which will say "Multi-Quote This Message" when you hover over it. If you want to multi-quote say, three messages, you press that multi-quote button on the first two, and then on the third you click "Reply With Quote" - you'll then have those posts within your Reply window - just be careful to not delete any of for formatting or brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    This is the last time I watch a stream of anything at 2? in the morning. Couldn't help myself and drink had been taken.
    I've now watched the episode on the tv with a sound system. What a difference. My opinion has completely changed.
    A very good episode.
    Piss head!

Glad you dug it the second time around.

Dead

United States
    I called it spot on last week. No main characters lost, not even a mid level character. Only fodder characters. And the group foraging for supplies returns just in the nick of time to save the day.

It was a decent episode. Not great, not like last week. But better than the first 3 of the season.
    Although it's getting kind of predictable.

Ireland
    So, there's a big box'o'guns in yard and they wait until the fence breaks and all the lads pile in before they use them to thin out the numbers?

That's bleedin stupid.

Other than that, it was a grand episode.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Dead

United States
    Yeah, agreed shootem. But expecting realism from this show just leaves you disappointed.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    So, there's a big box'o'guns in yard and they wait until the fence breaks and all the lads pile in before they use them to thin out the numbers?

That's bleedin stupid.

Other than that, it was a grand episode.
    I can buy that the guns are there as a last resort only, their trying;

A. to avoid the noise of gunfire which would draw more walkers, possibly even a passing herd.

B. conserve ammunition.

Dead

United States

A. to avoid the noise of gunfire which would draw more walkers, possibly even a passing herd.

B. conserve ammunition.

The problems with that are;
    1. There comes a point where reducing the noise of gunfire becomes less important than the immediate threat of so many walkers at the fence that it's inevitably coming down. It's easier to keep culling the numbers at the fence as more show up than it is to let the fence come down and then fire, attracting more walkers anyway, and having a large part of the fence damaged allowing them to flow in freely.

2. If they're trying to conserve ammo, not cutting loose in full auto, with tons of body shots seems like a good strategy. You have a better chance of sustaining single shot kills by firing through the fence in semi auto than waiting for the fence to be breached and dumping multiple mags into a large group. Either way, you're gonna attract more walkers. The difference is that 1 way allows you to still have a fence to keep them at bay as they arrive, the other means you have a huge breach in the fence and have already spent a large amount of ammo while walkers continue to arrive and flood through the breach.

Also, the fence has been a weak point of the prisons security since last season. Why haven't they reinforced it yet?

United States

B. conserve ammunition.

Bingo. Here comes the flood of people complaining about logic again. We don't know when the guns were placed there so let's stop assuming.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."