Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x06 "Live Bait" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    In all the films I've seen, (1) shoot gun out of hand?
    And shoot petrol tank of car to make a big 'splosion.

Police are generally trained to aim for the centre mass though...biggest target, biggest chance of incapacitating the perp.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I rather dug the opening sequence set to music.
    Oh MZ, you'll forgive any sins of your beloved!

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh! I loved the scene where he got up in the morning and the rest of the guys had left him.
    That was great, it was like coyote ugly for evil dictators...

Castro Ugly?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I don't mind adding music; just not all the time. "Indifference" used it best. Hershel's theme was pretty cool, tho.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I don't mind adding music; just not all the time. "Indifference" used it best. Hershel's theme was pretty cool, tho.
    I prefer instrumental, though, and if you are going to add music don't add whiny countryesque knockoff music...it's been done to death.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Dead

United States
    It'll be interesting to see what happens when his new family finds out he lied about his name, and that he was actually the "leader that lost control". Cop girl apologized to him for lying about being a cop and said she'd never lie to him again.
    The Gov is a liar on about the same level as Walter White. Lies constantly for the purpose of manipulation and cold calculation where human behavior is concerned.
    He can't make the same promise not to lie again. He's not capable of that.

I wonder if it will be one of his new family that finally does him in?

Twitching

United States
    I doubt it,
    Honestly I don't peg those three as being long for this world. Sprained-ankle girl is currently in grave danger along with her sister, the Gov's new fuck-buddy. And killing off ANOTHER little girl he's coming to identify with in a paternal sense is something you just know has to be as tempting for the writers as a hit of their poison-of-choice is to a jonesing addict.

Of course I could be 100% wrong. I just don't see the Gov ending up watching the Prison in stalker-esque fashion if he's playing house after being welcomed into Martinez's bunch. Again, could be wrong. Maybe he's now possessed of a dual purpose. Revenge AND usurping the Prison for his new group. Time will tell, but I just have a feeling that domestic-type emotional healing isn't something in the cards for the villain we love to hate (and now sometimes pity).

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I prefer instrumental, though, and if you are going to add music don't add whiny countryesque knockoff music...it's been done to death.
    I prefer instrumental too. However, I just love "Serpents". Just an awesome song that really elevated the comic con trailer.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    I doubt it,
    Honestly I don't peg those three as being long for this world. Sprained-ankle girl is currently in grave danger along with her sister, the Gov's new fuck-buddy. And killing off ANOTHER little girl he's coming to identify with in a paternal sense is something you just know has to be as tempting for the writers as a hit of their poison-of-choice is to a jonesing addict.

Of course I could be 100% wrong. I just don't see the Gov ending up watching the Prison in stalker-esque fashion if he's playing house after being welcomed into Martinez's bunch. Again, could be wrong. Maybe he's now possessed of a dual purpose. Revenge AND usurping the Prison for his new group. Time will tell, but I just have a feeling that domestic-type emotional healing isn't something in the cards for the villain we love to hate (and now sometimes pity).
    Aye, would be pointless to reform the Gov...he would be a pointless character if he lost his rage, his pathological hatred of the prison crew and his desire to be the boss of whatever group he is with.

Martinez better watch his back as well...nothing more than a liability/obstacle for the Gov now if he wants to take control of this new group.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post

Martinez better watch his back as well...nothing more than a liability/obstacle for the Gov now if he wants to take control of this new group.
    Oh, totally. Seems like a loss of his family unit will turn 'Brian' back into the Governator and he will take over said group of cut throats. Right?

NEIL--there is a spoiler below, don't read it!!!

This could actually lead up to a confrontation at the prison more in style with the comics.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ahhh! I loved the scene where he got up in the morning and the rest of the guys had left him.

Going to be fascinating if these same men now just fall back into line again, or if they now see "Brian" as no one special!
    Yeah, it was a right old Billy No Mates situation for the old Guvnah, wasn't it?

I'm surprised nobody has had a whinge about "ooh, but why didn't The Governor hear them packing up their stuff and leaving in that really grumbly truck?!" ... evidently he's a heavy-ass sleeper.

Yep, looking forward to the Martinez situation, who's now the leader. I am thinking Shumpert's been killed off-screen (the actor might be off elsewhere on another gig), as he wasn't in 4x06 at all, and he wasn't seen in the preview for next week either.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    I prefer instrumental too. However, I just love "Serpents". Just an awesome song that really elevated the comic con trailer.
    Initially I was a bit disappointed in this year's choice of song - but it's grown on me in a big bad way - I always end up loving their song choice for the comic-con trailers. They used an acoustic version of it for when Carol was banished, but I didn't like that version too much ... but the other version would have been too overpowering for the moment. But yeah - excellent track.

Some song choices haven't worked so hot for me in the show - such as the track playing as we creep into Woodbury's prison area and it's revealed that Andrea is tied up in the chair ... I never liked that song choice, and still don't. It should have been something much more chilling ... I know they were trying to get people pumped with that last scene, but the song didn't work for me there.

Other times songs have worked wonderfully - using "Civilian" by Wye Oak (used in the season 2 comic-con trailer) during "18 Miles Out" was perfect. It fit the context of the episode like a glove and it was just so cool to hear it as Shane's staring out the window at that lone walker in the field just trudging on.

Aye, would be pointless to reform the Gov...he would be a pointless character if he lost his rage, his pathological hatred of the prison crew and his desire to be the boss of whatever group he is with.

Any reformation of his character will be short-lived ... the truth will out in the end, inevitably, but I do like that we're getting to see different sides of him, and that he isn't just a total monster. The comic book counterpart was fairly one-note ... very memorable and iconic, but relatively one-note, a fully-formed psychopath villain ... whereas Morrissey's Governor is far more fleshed-out, far more complex, and far scarier as a result. There's an internal battle raging within him, and he's never the one who ends up on the tragic receiving end of it ... it's always some poor bugger who has been caught in his web by his nice side.

Dead

United States
    A theory:

Bob is a snake in the grass sent by Martinez' group to sabotage the prison. he's the one feeding the mice to the walkers. They round up walkers from those pits and bring them to the prison. The mice get them all riled up, and the carcass' are inside the fence which riles them up even more.

Administrator

England
    Was it just me or was TG's new girlfriend.. the nurse.. cant think of her name now... But anyway was it just me or did she really look and sound like maggie?

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Was it just me or was TG's new girlfriend.. the nurse.. cant think of her name now... But anyway was it just me or did she really look and sound like maggie?

Slight resemblance...helped by the fact that she had pretty much the same hair-do as Maggie...the undead apocalypse obviously hasn't dented the mobile hair dressing trade (or the availability of hot women for that matter...bring that shit on!)

(and the govs new woman is a police chick, not the nurse)

Administrator

England
    Slight resemblance...helped by the fact that she had pretty much the same hair-do as Maggie...the undead apocalypse obviously hasn't dented the mobile hair dressing trade (or the availability of hot women for that matter...bring that shit on!)

(and the govs new woman is a police chick, not the nurse)
    It was the nurse, the police chick was a lesbian. While they were talking she mentioned her ex-girlfriend.

i dont miss stuff like that dude

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It was the nurse, the police chick was a lesbian. While they were talking she mentioned her ex-girlfriend.

i dont miss stuff like that dude
    WTF? I'm gutted...I thought he was smashing the hot police chick!

That means the hot police chick (who is also a lipstick lezza) is the one with the whacked ankle and will be zombie chow in the next episode or so then...damn!

Can't believe I didn't take all this in the other day!