Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x07 "Dead Weight" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    I think y'all are waaaaay off course saying that Tara is gay. She can't possibly be. Her hair is too long!

Have to say, I haven't really enjoyed the last 2 episodes. I understand why they have gone this way to reboot the Governor's story after the lame end to last season, but I can't help but think the time spent away from Team Prisons story will hurt the impact of the mid season finale.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Decent episode. I thought the governor killed martinez for the family comment and offering to "share the crown" hence the "I don't want it" freak out. Although I have to admit for a guy who didn't want control he immediately took control which was probably my only beef with the episode, that a group takes in 3 new people and within what seems to be days their leader dies under mysterious circumstances and then his replacement dies also under dubious circumstances (He died on a supply run? Really? What supply run?) and then poof the gov's in charge. Meh. They needed a set up to get him his tank for the finale. Also, when did he get his steyr back? That happen offscreen?

I think that the rest of the season will go like this: the woodbury 2.0 will attack the prison, we'll lose hershel, sasha and beth and judith and the last of the woodbury redshirts. Upon capturing the prison the governor be victorious only to see the big herd approaching, dooming him and his people within the prison. The core ricktatorship group will escape possibly to pick up morgan and go on form there
    Last edited by zombieparanoia; 27-Nov-2013 at 03:53 AM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator

UK
    I imagine Martinez took TG's Steyr gun with him, so it was there at the camp and TG got his grubby mits on it again.

The timescale of them at the camp is somewhat confusing, but still, Martinez knows TG already so that'll put the rest of the camp at ease, plus they were out there golfing all alone, so nobody saw TG do it - they fully understood it to just be that Martinez got drunk and fell in the pit. Also, TG rocks up with two women and a little girl - that's far less intimidating than a bunch of army dudes rocking up, or just a bunch of dudes in general.

Also, he gets the camp organised, improves their defences, sorts out an armory etc - he's got the place running properly.

It's a bit of a stretch, but at the same time, not that much really. Most of those people will, ultimately, just want to be lead by a strong leader who is making them safer and more comfortable.

United States
    TG's Steyr was obviously taken by Martinez and Shuppert after the failed raid. When they left the camp sight the Gov had the clothes on his person, a tent and a Beretta. I just thought it was cool when he emerged with his Steyr again. Its just a signature gun for him. On the flip side Martinez MP5K was just the wrong choice. Never fit him.

It seems likely that team prison is gonna lose some talented actors this Sunday. It sucks but its part of keeping this some what real. The obvious people are Michonne, Hershel Beth and baby. But maybe they are just too obvious. The writers like toying with us. Unfortunately I believe Scott Wilson's TWD role will end. I hate to even say it but there was so much focus on him during that one episode I believed it would end there. Tensions are gonna be high and I got a feeling the losses are gonna be upsetting, for me anyway

England
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    TG's Steyr was obviously taken by Martinez and Shuppert after the failed raid. When they left the camp sight the Gov had the clothes on his person, a tent and a Beretta. I just thought it was cool when he emerged with his Steyr again. Its just a signature gun for him. On the flip side Martinez MP5K was just the wrong choice. Never fit him.

It seems likely that team prison is gonna lose some talented actors this Sunday. It sucks but its part of keeping this some what real. The obvious people are Michonne, Hershel Beth and baby. But maybe they are just too obvious. The writers like toying with us. Unfortunately I believe Scott Wilson's TWD role will end. I hate to even say it but there was so much focus on him during that one episode I believed it would end there. Tensions are gonna be high and I got a feeling the losses are gonna be upsetting, for me anyway

I will cry if Hershel dies. Great character and brilliantly acted.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post

I will cry if Hershel dies. Great character and brilliantly acted.
    I hear ya legion.

England
    I hear ya legion.
    +1.
    I actually sought out spoilers for the season 2 finale because I was so worried about that characters death.
    Will be a loss.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Tibet
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    I think it will go like:
    Episode Eight:
    The fighting begins: most the Governors men and the prison crew die.

My guess is Beth and Judith die much like Lori in the comics.
    The Governor is shot by his own people.
    Sasha and Hershel might go too.

Episode Nine:
    Rick and Carl flee to Georgia and join with Morgan while still reeling from the massacre.

Episode Ten:
    Whoevers left holds out at the prison against the herd and make preparations to leave.

Hershel lives, only to have his other leg eaten by the cannibals. Rick & Carl, yes. I agree about Beth and Judith.The Guvnor is shot by either his girlfriend, or one of the lesbians, for talking them into killing innocent babies (as in the book). Tyreese gets captured and killed at the fence during the standoff (or Darryl).

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I hope it's not daryl. Hershel is pretty good, I think of him as the dale iteration that worked. Old preachy moralizing guy but not quite so all up in your grill pointing fingers like dale.

Administrator

England
    I sincerely hope daryl does die.

Thin out some of the fan girls poisoning my facebook then..

United States
    I wonder when this show will start to lose its core people by their choice. Factor in popularity of the show, which leads to exposure and increase in fan base for the actors, and the unstable nature of this show(getting killed off). Lauren Cohen and Norman Reedus could both probably walk away and make some serious guaranteed cash. I have no idea what AMC is paying the actors but I can see some start to voluntarily jump ship. Take Andrea for example. We was initially supposed to survive season 3 but a handful of writers got together and decided her fate and told her not to bother showing up for season 4.

Norway
    Great episode. Governor sucked up to and then killed Martinez to protect his own lies to his new family. I was nervous for when Martinez would die the entire episode, it was really tense seeing the governor watching and evaluating all the other men before he made his move and took over.

Super Moderator

UK
    I wonder when this show will start to lose its core people by their choice. Factor in popularity of the show, which leads to exposure and increase in fan base for the actors, and the unstable nature of this show(getting killed off). Lauren Cohen and Norman Reedus could both probably walk away and make some serious guaranteed cash. I have no idea what AMC is paying the actors but I can see some start to voluntarily jump ship. Take Andrea for example. We was initially supposed to survive season 3 but a handful of writers got together and decided her fate and told her not to bother showing up for season 4.
    Perhaps, but on the other hand they seem to have a really tight ship over there - as in, all the actors are really close with each other and have a really good time together, so for them it's a fun job ... whereas you could jump ship and end up on another show, but everyone hates each other and it's a real chore to put up with being there. Personally, I'd much rather have the former, and I imagine many of the cast think the same kinda thing ... but yes, I do hope that AMC is paying them appropriately as they certainly deserve it for giving us so much to enjoy.

United States

Epic Destruction of the Prison and the Governor as foretold by the Comics for the mid-season finale

^^^^ Clarification(Just for Neil ): A guessimation for the mid-season finale composed of Comic Book Spoilers!
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 28-Nov-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: ............

Administrator

England
    ^^ Maybe clarify your spoiler so people know if its knowledge about the comics or something, or just a guess from yourself about potential future events?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan