Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x08 "Too Far Gone" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Dead

United States
    I don't think Judith is dead, personally. I don't think they would completely dance around it that bad. They wouldn't show a half eaten baby, but they would give some positive indication that it happened. Not just an empty car seat and then never mention it again.

It would've been so much better if they showed Herschel's head get lopped off with one swing when it still had that smile on his face.

Super Moderator

UK
    They wouldn't have shown Hershel's head getting lopped off in one go for the reasons I put in my previous post, and I'm glad they didn't. I think if they had, the gore would have got too much in the way of the tragedy of the moment.

I hadn't even thought of this until perusing The Laughing Dead's comment feeds but - will 4x09 show Michonne stabbing Hershel's head? It'll reanimate otherwise! Poor bugger...

Judith's baby seat did have some blood in it, although because of the colour of the fabric I couldn't tell if it was just a little, or a lot ... if it was a little then it could be, for example, Tyreese's bloody hands picking her up and carrying her away ... but then at the same time, why not just take the baby seat with you?

It could go either way on the Judith issue, I think ... convincing theories both ways.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 02-Dec-2013 at 06:12 PM.

United States
    The Governor must be quite a tough guy! He can be shot by Rick in his right arm (immediately following Hershel's execution) and STILL beat the lemons out of Rick's face using that very same arm!

My other head scratcher was that the Governor chose to execute Hershel (with whom he had absolutely no grudge) over Michonne (with whom he had huge grudge).

Otherwise, it was an awesome episode.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 02-Dec-2013 at 06:17 PM. Reason: edit
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarr View Post
    The Governor must be quite a tough guy! He can be shot by Rick in his right arm (immediately following Hershel's execution) and STILL beat the lemons out of Rick's face using that very same arm!
    Blast shields AND a cloaking device? He's part sociopath, part Klingon bird of prey.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Blast shields AND a cloaking device? He's part sociopath, part Klingon bird of prey.
    I mean, sometimes I'll get a bruise on my right arm from the medieval fighting I do (www.sca.org) and that arm becomes almost useless ("almost" defined as gritting my teeth as I pick up a mug of beer). A bullet to the Governor's arm? PAH! It's only a flesh wound! Still 100% for turning Rick's face into "seriously not going to be shaving for quite awhile, hope no one minds".
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 02-Dec-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: edit

England
    My other head scratcher was that the Governor chose to execute Hershel (with whom he had absolutely no grudge) over Michonne (with whom he had huge grudge).
    He knew it would provoke a reaction from the prison after Hershel told him he had daughters inside and i'd say its safe to presume that Gov wanted to torture Michonne after.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States

Otherwise, it was an awesome episode.
    I believe the Gov chose Hershel because he was flexing his muscles ala pure good vs pure evil. Michonne has questionable methods about her but Hershel was a man of unimpeachable integrity. The Gov even said so himself. The symbolism of what that represented was much stronger than had he chose Michonne.

Or we could just chalk it up to the fact the writers needed him dead and Michonne to stay employed

Others have touched on the decapitation. Im glad it showed a blurred vision but that still didnt sit well with me. Im not mad at the show or going to write letters but it just bothered me that they had the Gov chop it off. The brutality of that asshole is more than established. Losing a man as good as Hershel was hard enough without the Gov finishing him like that.

Minion those meme's are damn good
    Last edited by facestabber; 02-Dec-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: addition

Administrator

England
    What an episode! Now that is how the walking dead should be done.. season 4 has not disappointed at all and i cant wait for February.

Couple of points id like to raise, so long to the governor an i have to say, one of the greatest villains ive seen on TV ever, after rick delivered his EPIC speech at the fence and TG appeared to lower his sword, i thought they were going for some cheese standard TV moment there.. but wow, quick snap back to the real governor huh?

As for michone's "mercy" after she impaled him, i figured it was because he left andrea to the walkers so michone was doing the same for him.

As for judiths fate..

Those of us who have read the comics know that she is dead. No way could they show that in the series but it was inevitable

Loved the nods to romero and fulci too and just wanna say, amazing episode, amazing series.. i cant fking wait until February!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

As for judiths fate..

Those of us who have read the comics know that she is dead. No way could they show that in the series but it was inevitable
    That's an assumption based on the source material, which we have seen isn't always followed.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    That's an assumption based on the source material, which we have seen isn't always followed.
    They have often changed the time that events happen and made things happen sooner or later than they do in the source material, but never the less its generally followed suite.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Or we could just chalk it up to the fact the writers needed him dead and Michonne to stay employed
    According to what the writer said on Talking Dead, being that Hershel was such a beloved character, the TWD writers wanted his death to be memorable. Sort of like Dale's death (his inards becoming his outards lol). It just makes more sense to me that the Gov would want to kill Michonne over Hershel, but you may be correct about the Gov striking at the most moral person from the prison.
    Last edited by Ragnarr; 02-Dec-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: edit

Administrator

England
    My own attempt at a meme. well it amused me!

Norway
    I think the Governor kept Michonne for later. The reason for Michonne not killing the Governor is because he does not deserve death by her sword. I liked the episode a lot. But I scratched my head over how Daryl took out the tank. Can you really do that in real life? It was great to see the tank commander die, I wish we got to see him eaten by zombies as he deserved lol.

United States
    Hey! Just had an idea for another TWD short for the show's website.

As we know, in the mid-season finale the little girl (Gov's daughter) gets munched by a walker trapped in the mud along with that sign, "Danger - Flash Flood Zone". My guess is that he was a fisherman that was trapped and killed near the river. A backstory short might be cool to see, eh?

United States
    Hey! Just had an idea for another TWD short for the show's website.

As we know, in the mid-season finale the little girl (Gov's daughter) gets munched by a walker trapped in the mud along with that sign, "Danger - Flash Flood Zone". My guess is that he was a fisherman that was trapped and killed near the river. A backstory short might be cool to see, eh?
    That would actually be cool. I love thinking of what stories the walkers could tell just by the way they were found dead.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."