Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x08 "Too Far Gone" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Dead

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Back on topic - As regards the walker shield.... Hmmm!! We all know those rounds would have gone through!
    Yeah, that was my 1st thought. But ah well. I let it slide cuz it was a great episode, and I'm thrilled that the prison storyline is through.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    On the issue of The Governor's wounds, this image clears it all up:

I would have kinda liked to see him shot in the heart, and then in 4x09 see The Governor walking around as a zombie in a further twist of the knife, but nevermind - definitive proof that The Governor is toast. Interestingly there's that wound to his neck - did they cut out a walker chowing down on his neck? It can't be due to the bullet at the angle Lilly was at - that's the hole in his forehead.

He's toast, folks.
    It looks to me like they originally were going to go with Lily putting him out of his misery after he was attacked. The cut they went with made it more ambiguous and could have been a revenge shooting although I took it as mercy
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Took him two attempts to grenade it? Looks like the first one (by luck) got "shelled" out?
    I think that's just the blast of the grenade Neil.

Question is, WTF were the crew doing in the tank after that happened? Maybe there was no crew and it was filmed for propaganda purposes. Most "combat" footage is completely fake after all.

- - - Updated - - -

I would have kinda liked to see him shot in the heart, and then in 4x09 see The Governor walking around as a zombie...
    Yeh, me too. That would have been a cool opener for the start of the next six episodes.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    I think that's just the blast of the grenade Neil.

Question is, WTF were the crew doing in the tank after that happened? Maybe there was no crew and it was filmed for propaganda purposes. Most "combat" footage is completely fake after all.
    Ah! Maybe the first gren blew the back off the gun/barrel, so then second grenade then made it all the way into the arsenal?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Well I just learned the full depth of Hershel's departure. I screen all TWD episodes before I let my daughters watch. I was a little iffy on this one but I grew up on this stuff so I let this one be watched. Show ended and they were both in tears. Dad hangs his head cause he crushed his girls spirit. They were really torn up. They are 12 and 8 and I'm worried I may be making a mistake allowing them to watch this show which they love. They met Norman Reedus and Jon Bernthal and cant get enough. Hershel sure will be missed.

Complete props to the writers and actors for creating people we care about so much. I feel invested in this show.
    Last edited by facestabber; 04-Dec-2013 at 04:02 AM. Reason: addition

Administrator

England
    ^^ Every child is different of course. I wouldn't let my ten year son watch this stuff... I might reconsider when he's about twelve...

And as for my very "with it" and bright seven year old daughter, I know for a fact any time soon it would really upset her...

Now your two were upset, but if they understand it's just a show and move on fine... But eight still seems young to me personally.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeh, me too. That would have been a cool opener for the start of the next six episodes.
    You mean eight episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Complete props to the writers and actors for creating people we care about so much. I feel invested in this show.
    I've seen a couple of reactions around the net where people are up-in-arms about the episode because Hershel was killed off, and admittedly I've been there before myself on other shows when they've killed someone off, but the point is - as you say - they've written a character that you care enough about that you're gutted when they're killed on the show. That's a sign of excellent writing.

It's a bummer that Hershel's gone, and Scott Wilson was such a class-act on the show, but Hershel's death was important. The Governor knows he's got daughters inside the prison and that he's the wise old sage of the group - the father of team prison - so slaughtering him is definitely intended to elicit an extreme reaction from Team Prison. Once he's rolling through the fences with a tank it's all about revenge, pure and simple, and he's intended to save Michonne for later - he'd be wanting to make her suffering long and slow, but thankfully our lady was the one who extracted the revenge. I punched the air when Michonne's sword thrust through The Governor's chest ... take that ya bastard!

England
    I think we've all been distracted by the drama and 'splosions during the mid season finale and failed to ask ourselves the most important question...

"what is in Bob's box?"

ACME rodent mutilation and mounting kit per chance? Or just some miniture bottles of strong booze?
    Last edited by Legion2213; 04-Dec-2013 at 11:11 AM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    I dont understand why you would watch a show like the walking dead and kick up a stink when someone dies?

The very premise of the the walking dead is that nobody is safe, so i can understand being upset that a favourite character has been killed but actually kicking up and saying your not going to watch it anymore?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Perhaps now that Tyreese fled with Lizzie and Mika, they will run into Carol and the two of them protect the kids and all is well; until Tyreese learns Carol's dirty little secret.
    Or Lizzie's dirty little secret. Which would be all the more dramatic now that she has saved his life.

- - - Updated - - -

Interestingly there's that wound to his neck - did they cut out a walker chowing down on his neck? It can't be due to the bullet at the angle Lilly was at - that's the hole in his forehead.
    Could it be the exit wound? They sometimes come out at funny angles.

Agree with Neil about Darryl's walker shield. That was dumb, especially with Bob's through-and-through gunshot wound highlighting the likelihood that rifle bullets will penetrate a human body. That aluminum picnic table was no better. Poor use of cover is a consistent feature of WD gun battles.

I'd also like to know what unit Mitch was with that still used the M60 Patton!
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Saw these on another site while discussing the possibility of Judith surviving:

Not definitive and I personally don't think Judith should live, but it's some pretty compelling evidence that she might be with Tyreese and the other kids...

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post

I'd also like to know what unit Mitch was with that still used the M60 Patton!
    Yeh, thought that was odd. They were farmed out to the reserves in the 80's.

Maybe some weekend warriors had one?

Weird choice nonetheless.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Yeh, thought that was odd. They were farmed out to the reserves in the 80's.

Maybe some weekend warriors had one?

Weird choice nonetheless.
    As far as I know, even the Guard and Reserve had phased them out by the late '90s. Though I'm sure the Army keeps some stored away in a boneyard somewhere. Or maybe Mitch worked at an Army museum. :P
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    Snow makes the page CRAWL much so that my cursor skips many blinks.

Amazing that the governor albeit much stronger than a dreadlocked skinny girl could not just lop off Herschels noggin armed with her ninja lightsaber.

Tis wha ti tis.

DH
    Last edited by Darkest Hour; 04-Dec-2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: NR formatting

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
    Snow makes the page CRAWL much so that my cursor skips many blinks.

Amazing that the governor albeit much stronger than a dreadlocked skinny girl could not just lop
    off Herschels noggin armed with her ninja lightsaber.

Tis wha ti tis.

DH
    Turn the snow off with the style option bottom of the forum
    -Carl Sagan