Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x08 "Too Far Gone" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK
    @Darkest Hour - I think it's because the walkers are rotting, so their flesh isn't as meaty as a living human ... walkers are a bit more 'gloopy' so Michonne can slice through them like butter.

@Legion - I think it's that bottle that Bob took from the medical college place, you know, the one that he was desperate to save when his bag went over the edge of the roof and then Daryl found it?

There's evidence either way on Judith. Sure, she wasn't included on the "In Memoriam" bit on Talking Dead, but the way Hardwick spoke about that it didn't necessarily seem like they were just hiding a reveal. It seemed more like that they actually didn't know one way or the other ... I guess we'll find out in February.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
    Amazing that the governor albeit much stronger than a dreadlocked skinny girl could not just lop off Herschels noggin armed with her ninja lightsaber.

Tis wha ti tis.

DH
    Cleanly decapitating someone with a katana is more about technique and skill than brute strength.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I think we've all been distracted by the drama and 'splosions during the mid season finale and failed to ask ourselves the most important question...

"what is in Bob's box?"

ACME rodent mutilation and mounting kit per chance? Or just some miniture bottles of strong booze?
    I figured it was booze. He put it in the box and was battling his alcoholism and the decision whether or not to drink. That's when he heard Sasha coming and attempted to run off before she saw him. Also, Daryl asks "you good??" when he handed him a gun outside for the battle. Meaning "have you been drinking?". So if you add all that up, I think it was just booze in that box.

There is a possibility it has something to do with the rats, though. The way that rat was pinned open to the board looked like something a professional would do. So I assumed either Bob or the now deceased "Dr. C".

Super Moderator

UK
    Or Creepy Lizzie ... that girl ain't right ... I bet she's been the secret slice & dicer of the prison's rodent population.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Or Creepy Lizzie ... that girl ain't right ... I bet she's been the secret slice & dicer of the prison's rodent population.
    It is a very obvious possibility given several factors. Question is: is it too obvious?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    Tyreese ain't right.
    Something nutty about him he is always flipping out.

One day the writers will make him go off like a bomb.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
    Tyreese ain't right.
    Something nutty about him he is always flipping out.

One day the writers will make him go off like a bomb.
    There's an old saying, "To a hammer, everything is a nail". I think Ty is going to be swinging his mighty hammer at a whole mess of nails soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babomb View Post
    There could also be dozens of walkers buried in that mud. Could've been an entire group of people surviving the earlier outbreak upstream from that location, drowned and washed downstream from flash floods. All buried and awaiting stimuli to bring them out of dormant mode. That could be one hell of a story...
    Ah yeah, I didn't think of that. Wondering now if there was some connection with the kid munching walker under the mud and that group of waist-deep walkers the Gov found on the road. Maybe I'm looking too far into it?
    "When there's no more room in Taco Bell, the unfed will walk the Earth!"

United States
    Big fan of Tyreese going way back from his time in the books. His temper does enrage at times but he's really likable and before Daryl, Rick's right hand man. Really hoping to see more of that in the show as it seems they barely share any screen time together. I'm sure they got some good stuff down the pipeline for Tyreese. He's a big dude but can't shoot for shit haha; good thing he's good with the hammer. He's not perfect and that's what makes him an interesting character.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    What did really suprise me about the response, is how nobody here has mentioned just how easilly daryl let rick off when he told him about carol?

I thought you guys would be foaming at the mouth..

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    What did really surprise me about the response, is how nobody here has mentioned just how easilly daryl let rick off when he told him about carol?

I think he's just incredibly grounded so copes well when the $hit hits the fan!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I think he's just incredibly grounded so copes well when the $hit hits the fan!
    He's mad about it, but Rick explains to him why he made that decisions, and Daryl trusts Rick very deeply, so he may not like it (none of them would), but he understands - particularly after he says he didn't want to bring her back with Tyreese out and about looking for the killer. Daryl would know that Tyreese could possibly (perhaps rather likely) fly off the handle and kill Carol if Rick had brought her back.

It did make me chuckle a bit though when that scene came up, because I was thinking of all the people who'd been going on about "but when are we gonna see Rick tell Daryl about Carol?!", and all those folks breathing a satisfied sigh of relief after two episodes worth of abstinence on the issue.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    What did really suprise me about the response, is how nobody here has mentioned just how easilly daryl let rick off when he told him about carol?

Daryl is pretty practical, he didn't even seem convinced with his own words when he said "I'll handle Tyrese", more resigned to the fact that Rick probably called it bang right (and he did call it right, I don't see any other solution that would have caused less conflict or possibly bloodshed).
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    I've been waiting for the Carol/Daryl/Rick triangle to unfold. One of the above posters said it right. Daryl trusts Rick. I'm sure Daryl is pissed about how it went down but understands the result was probably the best for everyone. For Daryl it is like when we were kids and had our mind made up on a topic. Then a parent comes along with a valid contradiction. They are right. You know they are right. But you just want to be right so bad you have to say your piece out loud. That being said, Rick is damn lucky Daryl Dixon is in his group.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But she now has a gun and seems pretty capable of head-shotting folk...future discipline may be a problem!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Norway
    Daryl is not happy with what Rick did but he knows that Rick is a father and just a human being. Right or wrong it would be pointless to bitch about it to Rick since the other people in the prison probably would side with Rick anyway. If he wanted to do something about it he would have to do something himself.
    The idea that Rick should be some kind of infallible or even great leader is something that is created by the fans of the comic and TV show. The characters in the story does not see Rick like that. They see him as the best alternative.