Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x08 "Too Far Gone" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

UK

TWD 4x08 "Too Far Gone" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

The mid-season finale! How time flies!

Please keep all talk of episode 4x08 "Too Far Gone" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

The Walking Dead Season 4, Episode 8 – “Too Far Gone” - Just when everything started to calm down at the prison, Rick and his group now face imminent danger and destruction. This time, they might not win. Written by: Seth Hoffman Directed by: Ernest Dickerson

UK
    looking forward to this like!!
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

England
    Really nervous for Hershel tonight.

Death list : Slightly influenced by the comic

Hershel
    Gov
    Sasha
    Judith
    Beth
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Tonight, we say bye to some old friends. Highy anticipating; yet, rather worried.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Tonight, we say bye to some old friends. Highy anticipating; yet, rather worried.
    Yea I'm not really excited about tonight because of the possible losses. Gonna be on edge of seat.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck you governor. Damnit!!! Damn damn damn

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    If this is what the mid season finale is like, what the frack have they planned for the season finale?

Oh yeah by the way, If you intend on trying to take over a place, DON'T FRACKING BLOW IT UP WITH A TANK!!!

and Judith.... yeah I know thats what happens in the comics, but still... to see it happen in the series is messed up.

I think this picture sums it up for many people on Twitter

BacpG2XCEAAjvsR.jpg

Super Moderator

United States
    That was pretty badass! We definitely got more resolution than I had suspected.

A few cheesy moments, but the cool and the quality outshone those, I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    and Judith..
    Meh. We know Maggie went for Judith and we have no reason to believe she didn't get to her.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States

Ok, having read the comic...

Everything more or less unfolded the way it did in the comic

...but still...

Dying

United States
    I knew Hershel was taking T's place. Definitely a number of unexpected twists though. Daryl blowing up the tank was pretty badass. And it was great seeing Lizzie save Tyrese, although I'm almost certain now that she killed the people and Carol took the fall for her. Governor was taking Rick DOWN for a minute there, it got pretty bleak for a second. Also did NOT think his 'daughter' was gonna get taken out, and by a zombie that almost felt like an homage to Lucio Fulcis Zombi.

Dead

United States
    I called it a couple weeks ago that the Gov was gonna be killed by one of his "new family".

So glad the prison is gone!!!!

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    I knew Hershel was taking T's place. Definitely a number of unexpected twists though. Daryl blowing up the tank was pretty badass. And it was great seeing Lizzie save Tyrese, although I'm almost certain now that she killed the people and Carol took the fall for her. Governor was taking Rick DOWN for a minute there, it got pretty bleak for a second. Also did NOT think his 'daughter' was gonna get taken out, and by a zombie that almost felt like an homage to Lucio Fulcis Zombi.
    Also notice the homage to NOTLD with "daughter" Meghan' hair band a la Barbra? Fulci vs. Romero!

United States
    I'm calling it now, Michonne has baby Judith

United States
    Great episode. Rick's speech to the Governor was masterful. The smile on Hershel's face once Rick delivered those emotional lines was heartbreaking just knowing what was about to happen to him. Goodbye, Hershel; great character and amazing actor.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Absolutely gutted about the loss of Hershel. He made a heck of a difference in this world and was brilliantly played by Scott Wilson. Many good memories from his story starting with his first line, "Was he bit". And once again Loren Cohen's reaction was so damn good. I want more Maggie. I love that girl.

Daryl stepped up as a leader. I know he may not want the job but he is more than capable. He was kicking ass, blowing up tanks and his final crossbow moment was money. The tank commander dared give an expression seeking mercy after busting down our house. Good riddance. I know many wish for Daryls demise but he is a great character.

Michonne. Straight up hard core ninja. Tied up in a motor home and she's still spouting death threats. Her revenge kill appeared rather telegraphed but I sure enjoyed seeing her katana through the Gov. Im curious why she didnt finish him. Was it to let him face the walkers or was she aware it was a fatal blow and her message was sent? I cant recall where she went when she split from Rick and Carl. My only disappointment was when the Gov's alleged girlfriend shot him(And she better have actually done it, I dont want the Gov being rehabbed for another fight). Back to my disappointment, I wanted the Gov screaming and begging for mercy as the walkers devoured him. He got off way too easy.

I was thinking Glen or Maggie was gonna die when they split up. Glad theyre still with us. Maggie especially

The kids getting guns and saving Tyrese was epicness redefined. The first kill, great save on their part. But the SECOND!!!!! I literally said, "holy shit" when they capped that bitch in the head.

There is so much material to absorb so I'm just checking out for the night with one final thought. Season 4 has been absolutely great. Thank you's to all the writers and actors that have delivered such great story. And to the posters here that keep the story going and the entertaining back and forth, I thank you.

United States
    I too caught the Fulci nod. Didn't think about the headband till now that it was mentioned. Super great episode. I also was a little perplexed at Michonne's mercy. Oh well. There's no way Judith died, come on guys. But yeah, the Governor. What made him think they had a better chance? Tanks are hardcore but they're not indestructible bro. Especially when Daryl is on your side. Who said they wished him gone? It was slightly silly how easy the Gov's little army was brainwashed into fighting and all but hey it is a show and he is the Gov. It also occurred to me they may try to do a Gov rehab and return thing which would suck. But she was trying to talk him out of going and fighting to begin with, then he did, her daughter and many others died and everything was totally fubar so I doubt she'd be saving him and trying to help him rehab anytime soon.