Thread: Celebrity Juice - OK I laughed...

Administrator

England

Celebrity Juice - OK I laughed...

Don't normally watch this, but turned over and caught this bit last night

By all means watch the whole show, but I've linked it to the bit I thought was particularly funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxfXzP9zQsU&t=11m49s
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    haha, mucky bastard.

Yeah I watch the show and it can be quite funny at times, and quite shocking occasionally too.

Kind of funny how this show is totally fine and dandy when it's doing pervy things. You look at shows from the 70s and 80s and think 'blimey, that's a bit pervy', but Celebrity Juice goes way further ... although I suppose CJ is deliberately doing it for a laugh, rather than accidentally doing it because the presenter is secretly a sex pest.

Ireland
    "Now, that's enter-bloody-tainment" <---- Say in a Northern English accent.

Jesus, that fella knows no boundaries.

Have to admit to liking some Bo' Selecta back a few years ago. But I can't really watch anything he does now, tbh.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Ahhh ... Bo Selecta ... I remember it fondly. I've got the first 3 series on DVD. It's a bit weird going back to watch them now as so many of the references were of stuff happening at that particular time (e.g. the latest Big Brother contestants, or a movie that had just come out), but still, I had many laughs out of those, although after series 3 Bo Selecta had worn entirely thin and the following series were crap.

I didn't watch Celebrity Juice in the first handful of series (to begin with I wasn't even aware of it), but then I started dipping into it and I've been watching ever since. It's really daft and very crude, but I quite enjoy it - it's great when they get an American on who's never appeared on the show before, because you see just how stunned they are by what you can get away with on British telly. Not just the swearing, but massive dildos flopping about, overt sexual innuendo (and no-so-innuendo), and so on.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    McFly really knows how to crack me up