Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Man's Sky (console game) - Procedural space game

Ireland
    A common trend amongst a lot of entertainment media these days, its seems.

Another emperor with no clothes.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Forgot the link!

It's actually a good article that can serve as a review as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...on_a_big_list/

It breaks down all the things that were marketed that are not in the game. More or less, the entire gameplay was fabricated in the marketing. What was delivered is just not really close to the game that HelloGames talked about at all, except visually.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Such a shame that this game turned out to be a con.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    I've bought this on the Xbone X and it is a superb game so far.
    Supposedly nothing like it's release state
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I've bought this on the Xbone X and it is a superb game so far.
    Supposedly nothing like it's release state
    Well, it's just had a huge update hasn't it...
    -Carl Sagan

England
    It's now 4 player co-op. Its a bit of a grind to start because use you have to do a lot of mining and refining to maintain and upgrade your ship but I've just had one of those punch the air gaming moments which I haven't had since Mass Effect 1.
    Great game IF you have the time.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Anyone still play this? I was very late to the party after picking it up last year on Steam but it's a pretty decent game when I'm in the mood to play it, I never saw all the early bugs and what people were saying were broken promises so it didn't sour the experience for me. You definitely get a sense of wonder at times when you first hurtle through the atmosphere and land on an undiscovered planet, exiting your ship and taking in your surroundings before exploring. It's just a shame there isn't more going on with each planet as they are often quite samey with variations of the same creatures and plants. I've got a HTC Vive VR set up as well so playing it through that adds even more to it, it's pretty cool just coming to a stop out in space and sitting there looking around your cockpit and at the planets or starships around you and asteroids floating past.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I can imagine that with a VR set it's a pretty neat break. But the repetetiveness was so apparent in the first release that I don't think I'll ever be able to come back to it and enjoy it.