Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So are we in agreement the last 4 or so epsiodes S04E04 -> S04E08 have been the best?

United States
    MZ pretty much nailed it. 3x4 was great but definitely lost steam due to the cutting back and forth. I hated the jumping around between groups as most cases it was more of a distraction.

Also, throwing the two Governor tales into the mix at the back end of the first half was bold and daring and it really does work. This season feels completely different. Coming full circle by adding Clara as a Walker at the end was the icing on the cake.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    I can easily say this season has been far more enjoyable than 3. As a collection of episodes I would probably have to agree with OP. But season 1 ep 1 will always be my holy grail. Best tv watching experience of my life. This season bodes well for the future. Zombie fans can rest assured that this Juggernaut can still deliver.

United Kingdom
    I don't frequent these forums much any more but after the last episode I just had to come back and chime in. Very cool indeed, and looking back this season so far has probably had some of the best episodes. I was a bit put off when I saw 'The Governor Returns' but it turned out well.

Really hope we see Rick and Carl out in the 'wild' once the series resumes.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

Really hope we see Rick and Carl out in the 'wild' once the series resumes.
    I definitely feel it could be great for the characters if executed well, but also offers the possibility of pitfalls if the episode(s) this happens in aren't paced and written very well. A great chance to reset things for new story arcs, however.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    I can easily say this season has been far more enjoyable than 3. As a collection of episodes I would probably have to agree with OP. But season 1 ep 1 will always be my holy grail. Best tv watching experience of my life. This season bodes well for the future. Zombie fans can rest assured that this Juggernaut can still deliver.
    Agree with that man there. i would say 3 has been the weakest season yet where-as 4 has possibly been the strongest?

I really dug season 2, but it started badly and only got its mojo after the mid season finale where as season 4 has just been non-stop!

Norway
    I am not in agreement that the fourth season was the best. It is better than the second and third season and I get the sense that the directors and writers are finding their feet in trying to create the show making it more like a movie just like Darabount did. Off course good actors help a lot. The guy playing Rick almost carry the show alone. Lots of very good actors. Still a lot of stupid stuff in the fourth episode most about how the zombies are used.

United States
    yeah, season 4's first half was loads better than the last part of season 3, but i still think the first season is the high mark at this point. while i for the most part enjoyed season 4 thus far, the stupid helicopter through the ceiling gag, too many predictable red-shirt deaths, and the wasting of two episodes trying to make the governor seem like he was gonna do anything other than show up at the prison with a tank (and a dipshit in the tank who thinks it's better to shoot at 2nd floor windows rather than wasting clusters of people firing behind the cover of a chain-link fence), etc take away from the good parts of this season so far.

at least the prison is left behind now, i'd really like to see the show have an "on-the-go" vibe to it, as i think that makes for the most compelling and engaging storyline.....cautiously optimistic for how things will unfold from here....now if they'd just kill off carl and daryl.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    So are we in agreement the last 4-5 epsiodes S04E04 -> S04E08 has been the best consecutive group of episodes of the entire series?

There's been other 2-3 episode highlights? But this many in a row?
    I would say that.

I think there were some other episodes from the three prior seasons that stand out ("Save the last one" with Shane and Otis for example), and that I really enjoyed... but the last 4 episodes really blew me away and had everything I could ask for in terms of zombie story telling and good dramatic television.