Thread: Jupiter Ascending (film) - Wachowski brothers/sister

Administrator

England

Jupiter Ascending (film) - Wachowski brothers/sister

Here's hoping for some of that Matrix (1) magic back again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THVFkk-sEus
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I really don't know what to make of this... I should like it, but something is telling me not to....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    While I don't doubt the action and visual potential of this, it just seems a bit too much like so many other films that get released these days where someone "special" is introduced into another world that is somehow apart of our own.

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I was gonna say it was too "Matrixy" but then I saw who it was from....

Ireland
    Yeh, I'm getting an "avoid" impulse as well.

And Meg from 'Family Guy'...Not going to work.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Undisclosed
    And, as usual, Sean Bean will die horribly in it.

Cool spaceship designs though.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    And, as usual, Sean Bean will die horribly in it.

I'd never thought of that but damn....you're right!

This trailer just makes me want to give Cloud Atlas another spin....

Administrator

England
    At the very least it looks pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1hW3bWIuDA
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Release put back by over SIX MONTHS! Surely not a good sign? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67545

So instead of July 2014, it's new release date is Feb 2015!
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    February is usually the graveyard slot, where the studios release films they have no faith in.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Here's hoping for some of that Matrix (1) magic back again!
    Oh dear! Reviews are mediocre at best!
    -Carl Sagan