Thread: World War Z 2 (film)

Administrator

England

World War Z 2 (film)

Juan Antonio Bayona signed up to direct - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/World...tor-40637.html

Thanks to the epically troubled production process behind World War Z, it was a surprise to few when it was revealed back in October that director Marc Foster would not be returning for the announced sequel. Of course, that announcement made everyone wonder who would be hired as the filmmaker in charge of the production, and today The Hollywood Reporter has delivered the answer. The trade is reporting that Juan Antonio Bayona has been hired as the director of the untitled World War Z 2.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Pffff. Nothing can save this, not even a good director. Rented the first one the other day and stopped watching after the Israel scenes.
    Rarely have big action set pieces bored me more than in that 'film'.

Administrator

England
    Juan Antonio Bayona might be interesting though?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    The first was terrible, I can't believe that they made a film of that poor quality in this day and age when The Walking Dead exists to show exactly how zombies should be done. It looked very good, I'll give it that, but the story was just a string of barely connected set pieces that didn't seem to follow any real direction. And there was barely any real zombie action in it! I don't hold out much hope for the sequel being any better.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Juan Antonio Bayona might be interesting though?
    I've only seen 'The Orphanage'. Really liked it. Seems weird moving on from that very atmospheric and 'gothic' horror, with it's slow build, to the cgi action fest that is WWZ.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    I've only seen 'The Orphanage'. Really liked it. Seems weird moving on from that very atmospheric and 'gothic' horror, with it's slow build, to the cgi action fest that is WWZ.
    Not seen it, but his "The Impossible" seems to have some big action set pieces?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgw394ZKsis
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Last edited by zombieparanoia; 13-Dec-2013 at 04:52 AM. Reason: tags

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Well... Pff. I'll see it when it comes out, but my hopes are not at all high.

Administrator

England
    I'm hoping they learn from their mistakes in the first one, and we end up with a better second flick. I feel more positive with this director too!
    -Carl Sagan

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    You are correct Neil the storyline is fixable.Someone with their hand on the loo knob needs to flush Akiva GOLDSMAN and his ilk down down down.
    He is responsible for I am legend being a turd.
    Mark Protosevitsch's treatment was 400% better.

NEEDS someone good with imagination to fix but that's in short supply now a days.

DH
    Last edited by Darkest Hour; 16-Dec-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: DH

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I'm not sure how they could fix the problems form the first movie without basically scrapping the idea that WWZ2 was a sequel and just have it start at zero again. The lightning fast zombies, "the sick people aren't targets" issue, the idea of a camouflage vaccine, the movie having a single central character and storyline.

Sure, they could continue on with Resident Evil: Brad Pitt, but it would still suck.