Thread: Rust (PC game)

UK

Rust (PC game)

This looks pretty interesting, it's a post-apocalyptic survival game that apparently it started out as a DayZ clone, but they ditched the zombies and went in a slightly different direction. It seems pretty hardcore - you spawn naked, that's it. Off you go! Feels different enough to be worth a punt, might pick this up in the Steam sale after 7 Days To Die. The video seems to sum it up quite well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s0k-jXQmYc

It's wang-tastic!

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    Hello everyone my names Novokit (No-v-oh-kit). I'd like to invite the public to come and play on my server ArizonaRusted. It's a spot for us guys (and

gals) to come hang out, kick back relax and catch a buzz off of our preffered alcoholic beverage and just have some fun.

About the Owner/Admin
    ----------------------------
    Well a little about myself, I'm an Arizona resident who resides in Glendale. A slim dude who is always wearing something representing DCShoes or making

quotes from my favorite tv show Archer. I love me some manga (Naruto & Fairy Tail) as well as watching it. I'm a 23 year old full time employee/father

who's time is mostly spent at work or with my daughter but if I get some free time I'll usually be on Rust.

About the Server
    --------------------
    The server is pretty much on Vanilla (PVP,Sleepers) with quarter-crafting and Rust++ installed so that brings in things like door share and all the

pretty /slash commands it offers. We promote a friendly server but how you play is up to you. If you want to band together to tackle the

zombies/enviorment feel free, or you want to be a bandit and raid players or KOS (kill on sight) that's fine too. This is your game just as much it is

mine so I'm not going to tell you how to play, just don't be cheating/hacking/exploting.

Admin
    --------
    Currently the admins are Shashnak, Magacious and myself. We work a lot but you'll see us around, but I personally monitor the server through the entire

day either on my cell or my work PC. So you can expect a random shoutout via rCon every once in awhile or maybe nothing at all, I like to just watch

and see what's happening on the server.

Rules
    -------
    Short and simple. No racism and no hacking/exploits. Period.

Last Words
    --------------
    Simply enjoy the game. We come here to have fun and we encourage everyone else to do the same. Wether your fun is helping people out or lookin' for

n00bs to PWn or whatever it is, have yourself a great time we're here to play.

Steam Community: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AZRust
    Server Name: ArizonaRusted` [Vanilla|USWest|Friendly]
    net.connect 23.19.89.178:28035 (F1 for console)

Administrator

England
    So any of you guys actually tried this yet? Thoughts?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    I didn't get around to it - been far too busy with 7 Days To Die. Having looked at various You Tube clips I think I'm going to wait a while, at least until there is a bit more to do in it, (other than slapping other players in the face with your wang!). Seems to be a mass PVP slaughter fest at the moment with a bit of building thrown in for good measure. Still looks interesting though, so I'll certainly be keeping and eye on it and see where it goes.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    It's probably great.

But there's an influx of great indie titles currently!! I'm holding out for the Forest.

Administrator

England
    Zombies gone - http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Rus...cks-62147.html

Well, I think basically they've been moved to are only in certain areas rather than spawning everywhere...

Rust throws players in the wilderness with nothing but a rock, a torch and some bandages. They must gather wood and stones to create shelter and equipment. In the early stages of the game, they have to worry about running into carnivorous animals like wolves and bears. Zombies are the advanced enemies. They're generally clustered around the irradiated zones where players can scavenge better equipment and blueprints.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan