Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ratings hit,hardly it is

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    Mock the OP's posting style do you...hmmm?
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    Well TRIN kind of got what I was attempting to get across.
    No need for a page full of photo replies mocking me.

Thanks

DH

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
    Well TRIN kind of got what I was attempting to get across.
    No need for a page full of photo replies mocking me.

Thanks

DH
    Well, maybe you can clear up the OP then?

You stated, "It shows how dumb people are willing to ingest mindless so called ENTERTAINMENT."

To me this implies you're suggesting "The Walking Dead" is "mindless entertainment", and much of the audience is made up of "dumb people"?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I wasn't mocking. I legitimately couldn't tell if the original post was serious, or an attempt at baiting. Seemed to be phrased in a rather inflammatory manor...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    inflammatory manor...
    If I ever buy another place, I'm totally calling it that...

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Arguably, DH never said he's not a fan.
    So you're saying he could be some sort of conflicted self-loathing soul? Well, the therapist is not in.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    inflammatory manor...
    Quote Originally Posted by RonGravy

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    Mea culpa,sorry for posting.
    /me Wiggles out from under the pile on to get a friggin breath.

6 posts in a month happen here and if it isn't Neils mindless regurgitated links with not much homemade commentary + gigantic sig or MZ and his GD self congratulatory movie reviews from a uni graduate who still lives @home leeching off his folks not in the real world
    there would be nothing to read here.

Heaven forbid someone tries to breathe life into a nearly dead forum and everyone arrows the messenger.
    So be it.Back to lurking

DH
    Last edited by Darkest Hour; 06-Jan-2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: THERE

Ireland
    WHAT??? !!!!!!

Have I missed something?

WTF is going on?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    i was merely poking fun at the grammatical structure of your post, man, as it reminds me of yoda-speak.

i am in the camp that TWD is over-rated, but concede that it has its moments of greatness here and there and admit that i'm excited now that the characters are on the move and the prison has fallen...

i actually hope you stick around, as it gets boring around here when every TWD apologist on this site refuses to see how crappy the show gets at times and acts stuffy if anyone even mentions the possibility that it might be a tad over-hyped.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 06-Jan-2014 at 11:21 AM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Double

Quote Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
    Mea culpa,sorry for posting.
    /me Wiggles out from under the pile on to get a friggin breath.

6 posts in a month happen here and if it isn't Neils mindless regurgitated links with not much homemade commentary + gigantic sig or MZ and his GD self congratulatory movie reviews from a uni graduate who still lives @home leeching off his folks not in the real world
    there would be nothing to read here.

Heaven forbid someone tries to breathe life into a nearly dead forum and everyone arrows the messenger.
    So be it.Back to lurking

DH

Sorry, a couple of meme's & a question of the sincerity of the original post, since it seemed as though it were crafted to provoke, answered in a way I'd have to say was definitely crafted to provoke...?

Thanks for removing the doubt.

Twitching

United States
    First,
    Call it what you want DH, that was trolling.
    Second: I don't believe any rational person thinks everything about TWD is great, all the time, every episode. Hell, I rip on poorly done scenes, inconsistent characterization (when it suits the writers needs of the moment) and highly implausible actions taken by TWD characters all the time. As do quite a few others here. For example: I can recall about a half-dozen of us were ready to vomit after the Gov's seemingly effortless capture of Andrea. It didn't make sense, still doesn't, NEVER WILL.
    Finally, the show's warts and boils don't prelude it from being one of the few entertaining things on TV these days...or far and away the best zombie-related content to be framed in a TV show. (The artsy types can rave about crap like In the Flesh all they want, it was preachy, heavy-handed, and melodramatic. Everything bad about TWD, except thats ALL it was, 100% of the time.)

TWD, on the other hand, is for the most part an enjoyable, sometimes even dramatic, romp through the zombie apocalypse. I mean what are you looking for, Citizen Kane with rotting people? The genre is by nature limited to a specific spectra of tropes, and any fan of zombie movies/books/comics etc accepts this, while acknowledging when necessary the limitations of various offerings when it seems like the creators aren't giving 100% anymore. (Romero, I'm looking at you. Can't hack it anymore, so you rip on those that can. How classy ::rolls eyes:

So honestly, there's no credible basis for implying the HPOTD crowd are mindless fanboys/fangals. If they were a) I wouldn't still be here, and b) My mockery would be writ large across many threads before being moderated into cyber-oblivion.

If you have a SPECIFIC complaint with TWD's recent offerings you'd like to DISCUSS, great. Otherwise, jam that self-serving "Mea Culpa" up your rectum sideways and get off this forum before you awaken sleeping dragons.

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    No beef with you son.I frequently enjoy your wordy spiels since hardly anyone posts anymore.
    I believe you meant preclude instead of prelude and besides the point its sideways with a rusty chainsaw at your outro.
    Wonder why no one posts?Vindictive responses like yours play a part.

YOU go feet first into the woodchipper my fine friend.

DH

England
    I thought I recognised this posters demeaning tone. Wasn't he/she banned as user Tom something?
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I thought I recognised this posters demeaning tone. Wasn't he/she banned as user Tom something?
    No comment - "DarkHour" clearly had trouble just posting in a nice friendly manner and at times went out of his/her/its way to achieve the opposite. So banned...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Dang, I thought this was just a shoot the shit/break some balls with no hard feels thread...
    Dubya tee eff, brah?!?
    The way DH flipped out for nada makes me wonder if DH isn't secretly my wife posting here...
    Kidding, but you know.