Thread: New album released (Prog Rock / 80s Horror / 80s Action)

Dying

United States

New album released (Prog Rock / 80s Horror / 80s Action)

Just released a new album (and designed a snazzy 80s inspired logo) to close 2013. The album is called "Precipitous Ascent." If you like Goblin, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Power Glove, progressive rock, and the synth drenched soundtracks of 70's/80's horror and action movies, you'll probably dig this album.

Also have a zombie concept album from late 2012 / 2013 I posted about on here. That is also available on the same site.

Administrator

England
    A 37min long track!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

United States
    Yea that track was a beast to work on, Neil. Took two full weeks, working for a few hours every day!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    Yea that track was a beast to work on, Neil. Took two full weeks, working for a few hours every day!
    What sort of setup are you using out of interest?

I remember when I used to "mess about" it was a right royal pain! Each piece of equipment had to be manually setup; Every patch (instrument), every effect, every volume. I get the impression now, you can almost do the whole thing on a PC (or Mac) and just press "Save" and voila it's already ready to simply load tomorrow and instantly go again...

To start working on a track again would mean loading the sounds into a couple of instruments. Setting them up. Loading the track into Pro24 (Cubase) or similar. Setting up the mixer again (manually). Setting up the effects again (manually). And to save, you could save Pro24 for example, but everything else was hand written down... Argh!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Dying

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    What sort of setup are you using out of interest?

I remember when I used to "mess about" it was a right royal pain! Each piece of equipment had to be manually setup; Every patch (instrument), every effect, every volume. I get the impression now, you can almost do the whole thing on a PC (or Mac) and just press "Save" and voila it's already ready to simply load tomorrow and instantly go again...

To start working on a track again would mean loading the sounds into a couple of instruments. Setting them up. Loading the track into Pro24 (Cubase) or similar. Setting up the mixer again (manually). Setting up the effects again (manually). And to save, you could save Pro24 for example, but everything else was hand written down... Argh!
    I have a laptop and use Ableton as a DAW. Plug my guitar and bass directly into my audio interface, control various VSTs through a keyboard with MIDI capabilities, program the drums manually. Digital recording makes everything so effortless. But it takes 7 years of learning the program and patience for it to become effortless.

Your recording process sounds intense.