Thread: Pet Sematary 1 & 2 and original King book

Fresh Meat

United States

Pet Sematary 1 & 2 and original King book

Do the films and the book count as "zombie" stuff? i mean the kid, the sheriff, the punks, the wife, the starlet mother, Timmy Batterman etc. Do they count as zombies or are they really demons possessed by Wendigo?

I saw the first film in theaters when i was 7 3 times and the sequel 2 times when i was 10 years old then i read the book at age 9.
    Last edited by Skywalker82; 27-Jan-2014 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Administrator

England
    Personally I'd count them as general horror? Hence me moving this thread
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    i've never thought of the pet semetary undead as zombies or ghouls, more along the line of demonic reanimations, like you said.

supposedly, they are still kicking around the idea of remaking the film. i wouldn't be opposed if it fell in the right hands, but the way hollywood is these days, it's pretty much guaranteed to have tons of flashy cgi, cute teens, explosions, and be a total shitfest.

the book is probably one of my favorite king books of all time. i've probably read it at least three times.

Fresh Meat

United States
    So basically they are like the deadites and the REC creatures right? and do Wendigos make zombies?

United States
    i live nowhere near the algonquian region, so i'd never really heard of a wendigo till pet sematary...but looking on the wikipedia entry, it does mention cannibalism. however, i still wouldn't classify the subjects of wendigo possession as anything other than demons.

i've not seen REC, nor do i know what you're referring to when you say deadites, sorry. welcome to the boards, by the way.

Fresh Meat

United States
    Deadites as in Evil dead