Thread: Final Fantasy 7 turns 18...

England

Final Fantasy 7 turns 18...

Now that makes me feel old! I was 15 when I got that game for Christmas back in '97. At first I thought "why have they bought me this, it's not my kind of thing" but within about 2 hours I was obsessed with it and put 130 hours plus into the game through 1998. I'm in shock that it's 18 years old, it feels like yesterday

http://www.psu.com/a022361/Final-Fan...-memories-here

Super Moderator

UK
    Blimey, is it?!

I never played it myself, but I do remember all the magazine articles about it, and TV adverts etc. A mate of mine had the game, but at that time I didn't have a console - I was exclusively into PC gaming at the time, and it wasn't my kind of thing anyway. Although I do remember being blown away by the FMV sequences at the time.

England
    Once you got drawn into it, it had you! Most of the characters were really well developed with huge back stories, and the game world was the biggest I'd seen at the time. It was a hugely emotional game too, much more than anything I'd played before and probably since.

This sequence was blew me away at the time

I really hope they remake that game using the tech we have now, it would be incredible providing they leave the story and atmosphere intact. I keep seeing rumours of it.