Thread: Evil dead original VS evil dead remake?

Fresh Meat

Aaland

Evil dead original VS evil dead remake?

Which was better? were They mostly similair? Don't spoil anything because I haven't seen either of them YET but I want to see the original then the remake probably,

United States
    Let's get technical. Evil dead 2 is a remake of sorts but it's not the newest remake. The very first Evil Dead is decent but has a lot of high pitched sounds that put me off. I'm odd like that I guess. But part 2 is a work of art. Certainly watch part 2. The modern remake is ok. Entertaining but as an Evil Dead fan it falls flat as most remakes do.

United States
    They're not terribly similar, I prefer ED2 to the original one as well (though it is still worthy, worth seeing, & better than the remake as well), but the remake is pretty good. But the original(s) are still the best.

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Well if you mean the original compared to the newest remake, they share the same title and the basic premise of "teenagers in a cabin in the woods meet scary book monster". Other than that, they're different movies completely I think. The original was more "groundbreaking" in that I don't think there were a lot of movies like it at the time, the sound and storyline are very clearly indie movie level. The new one is ok but I don't want to say predictable, but it has the foreshadowing of skipping forward 5 pages and then going back to where you were in a book, the effects are pretty good but the story makes no sense.