Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x10 "Inmates" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Great episode from top to bottom. This one took a different approach and everyone had their moment. Revelations, returns, and debuts; excellent stuff.
    I enjoyed it apart from daft people standing in the middle of a brawl with zombies instead of just running 20ft away to turn and fight them from one angle/front
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I know what you mean. This actor is a big burly guy, but Abraham was always drawn as completely diesel, though that may be a bit unrealistic in of it self, as I don't know if he'd be able stay supah ripped over a year into the zombie apocalypse.
    Yeah, it's gonna be hard to find good nutrition in that kind of world, and even going for stretches without any food at all - or only meagre rations - you're not going to have enough protein to keep yourself totally buffed up ... plus, this isn't the kind of world for a gym, so the type of exercise is going to be very different and won't result in ripped looking muscles ... it'd be a grand chance to get your stamina up, mind. A lot of people in that world would be slimming down and generally more lithe, particularly this far into the apocalypse ... not everyone, but most folks. But there's only so far you can go - these are actors living in the real, non-zombie-apocalypse world, so their diets are vastly different to their counterparts on the show. Although, they do say that they lose weight making the show (the heat, the physical exertion), so Cudlitz will no doubt get into more apocalyptic shape as the episodes progress.

To an extent you have to have more starkly contrasting physical types in comic books. It's much easier to tell apart similar looking people in TV/movies than it is in a 2D black and white drawing on a piece of paper, so they don't need to be quite so starkly different on TV.

I dug their intro though. It didn't feel overly comic booky to me or anything. You've got the essence of who they are, as well as key visual similarities (Rosita's car, hair, and bare stomach, Abraham's 'tash and vest, Eugene's mullet and radio, their truck).

Good to have more of Tara, as well. Alana Masterson (the actress who plays Tara) also seems like a nice, fun person on Talking Dead, so I hope she sticks around on the show - it'd certainly be a juicy dramatic choice having one of the invading army reluctantly be accepted into the group. I wonder what's happened to Lilly ... is she alive? Is she dead, consumed by grief over her daughter's death and then attacked by walkers? Stumbling around the woods in a catatonic state? Hmmm ... I think Tara could be a more interesting character in the long-run, rather than Lilly, who is perhaps more interesting and important in the short-term associated directly with The Governor.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Feb-2014 at 06:23 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Good to have more of Tara, as well. Alana Masterson (the actress who plays Tara) also seems like a nice, fun person on Talking Dead, so I hope she sticks around on the show - it'd certainly be a juicy dramatic choice having one of the invading army reluctantly be accepted into the group. I wonder what's happened to Lilly ... is she alive? Is she dead, consumed by grief over her daughter's death and then attacked by walkers? Stumbling around the woods in a catatonic state? Hmmm ... I think Tara could be a more interesting character in the long-run, rather than Lilly, who is perhaps more interesting and important in the short-term associated directly with The Governor.
    Tara told Glenn that her sister (Lilly) was surrounded by zombies and taken down. She said that Lilly had a gun but she didn't know why Lilly was there since she wasn't supposed to be. For better or worse, Lilly died off camera.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I enjoyed it apart from daft people standing in the middle of a brawl with zombies instead of just running 20ft away to turn and fight them from one angle/front
    Yeah, the show really does make non main group survivors look like real idiots. Like, really, they survived this long? haha

Also, as far as the bus, in the preview video that AMC has up, Steven Yeun (Glenn), mentions the bus being riddled with gunfire. I'm gonna assume some died in the process as you can clearly see bullet holes engraved into the bus.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Scotland
    After watching the episode again, IMO Beth voicing her hopes from several months earlier in her diary, contrasted against her and Daryl's flight from the prison sets up the entire episode perfectly.

During the epilogue of her mini story she's still clinging to hope, but it seems she's realizing that ironically, hope has it's limits.

When they discover the partial remains on the tracks, and Beth "cracks". I'm not sure what she believes at that precise moment? Does she fear that the partial remains are those of fellow survivors from her pre-prison group, or is she just distressed by the feeding walkers, and an "emotional train wreck"? She does seem to be looking for some clue as to the identity of the victims. Subsequently her last diary entry states that she believes "None of us are going to die."

Thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 19-Feb-2014 at 12:34 AM. Reason: edit
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto Vivente View Post
    After watching the episode again, IMO Beth voicing her hopes from several months earlier in her diary, contrasted against her and Daryl's flight from the prison sets up the entire episode perfectly.

During the epilogue of her mini story she's still clinging to hope, but it seems she's realizing that ironically, hope has it's limits.

When they discover the partial remains on the tracks, and Beth "cracks". I'm not sure what she believes at that precise moment? Does she fear that the partial remains are those of fellow survivors from her pre-prison group, or is she just distressed by the feeding walkers, and an "emotional train wreck"? She does seem to be looking for some clue as to the identity of the victims. Subsequently her last diary entry states that she believes "None of us are going to die."

Thoughts anyone?
    Concerning the remains, and I haven't read or heard anyone mention this before; Molly and Luke, upon first viewing and discovering they weren't with Tyreese, perhaps they were eaten? I mean, there was a child's shoe displayed. If not, what the hell happened to them?
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Yup those were the kids from the prison.
    Funny how the walkers can digest bones.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    Yup those were the kids from the prison.
    Funny how the walkers can digest bones.
    Drag bits (limbs/lumps) off?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Watch the scene where they Daryl and Beth go to the tracks, they find three walkers eating organs and discarding clothes and three more adult bodies near them presumably they were some of the walkers Tyreese got BUT there were five walkers fighting those men and two more huddled over the kids bodies.
    I wouldn't discount the possibility that the man took his sons body and buried it before turning but the three walkers that came and started to eat, ate those kids and the bodies of other walkers.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Tara told Glenn that her sister (Lilly) was surrounded by zombies and taken down. She said that Lilly had a gun but she didn't know why Lilly was there since she wasn't supposed to be. For better or worse, Lilly died off camera.
    Hmmm ... I must have missed that bit, I'll have to re-watch.

I too dug the diary entries being read in voice over as a contrast - their arrival at the prison versus their expulsion from it. Beth breaks down for numerous reasons - she's just watched her father be decapitated, for all she knows everyone else is dead and only her and Daryl made it, they come across that feeding frenzy (to be fair there are a lot of remains left over, and it's kind of hard to tell how many bones are in there ... but yes, bones is always a point of contention) and see the kid's shoe ... although I'm still unsure why that shoe is there. Yeah, is it a suggestion that the other kids (who were, at one time, side-by-side with Lizzie and Micah) got eaten ... Lizzie and Micah did split from those kids and took Judith with them (hence why Tyreese got stuck with them, hehe, he got the shittest end of the stick in the scattered group pairings ) ... so those other kids just ran off into the woods and got munched by walkers then?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Lizzie and Mika shot a few Woodbury soldiers in front of Tyreese, the other kids immediately ran off, my guess is they had a rally point where they left Judith but the other kids didn't stop there, instead they kept running and when Tyreese and the sisters got there they found Judith alone and ran in the direction he said they should go.

Yup the bones always bother me unless The Walking Dead introduces nocturnal bony super zombies that run, jump ten meters high and shed their skin and one attacks Rick who finds out it's Lori by it's clothes then it will always bother me.

Now then onto Terminus. my guess is it will be Atlanta where the group are lured by cannibals who have turned a section of the town into a death trap.

You know what I would want for the series? them to reach DC, see smoke rise and recieve no signals and for Rick to go "fuck it, let's stick to the road."
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 19-Feb-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: the hell kind of question is this?

Scotland
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but Lizze couldn't have dragged the corpses of Karen and David from their
    cells to the small courtyard in order to burn them.

I suspect Carol discovered her in the act, or Lizzie actually told her "I'm not weak, look at my handy work" and Carol then covered for her, or alternatively they killed them together, or lastly, Carol did act alone.

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I just rewatched the episode and wanted to say that I really appreciated the use of edged weapons in this epsiode, I know I've been bitching about that for a while. I was wondering why tyreese made the girls wait behind? I could see telling them to follow behind but to "wait here" seems like leaving them for bait as they know that there are walkers in the woods.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    I just rewatched the episode and wanted to say that I really appreciated the use of edged weapons in this epsiode, I know I've been bitching about that for a while. I was wondering why tyreese made the girls wait behind? I could see telling them to follow behind but to "wait here" seems like leaving them for bait as they know that there are walkers in the woods.

I think Tyreese having realized the severity of his situation (after only one night with Judith), is so desperate that in retrospect he wrongly concludes that it's better to provide the girls with a plan and leave them close by in an area were there's no immediate threat, rather than lead them into a situation where he know's there's a definite walker presence. What he doesn't know are the odds he's about to face, i.e how many walkers versus how many survivors. He wants to see exactly what's going on. I got the feeling he doesn't trust himself to defend the girls and fight at his full potential so he makes a decision hoping to maximize the opportunity to save the other survivors, and secure what he believes to be everyone's best chance for survival; more adults who can fight.... The best defense against walkers. I think he deeply fears that the four of them are really on borrowed time.
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 19-Feb-2014 at 10:58 PM. Reason: addition

Ireland
    Good episode all round. But, it's a pity that the baby isn't brown bread, cos that story is going nowhere.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....