Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fantastic Four (film) - Cast of school kids?

Administrator

England

New Fantastic Four (film) - Cast of school kids?

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Kate Mara. *drool*

As for the movie...I have no hope. I'm actually more excited for the upcoming documentary about Roger Corman's Fantastic Four film that was never released...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I'm actually more excited for the upcoming documentary about Roger Corman's Fantastic Four film that was never released...
    Why was that never released?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Likely because the producers wanted to retain the rights to the characters. So they produced an entire movie with no intention of releasing it. The cast and crew never even knew it wouldn't be released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb0z33xu4WU

Undisclosed
    Kate Mara. *drool*

As for the movie...I have no hope. I'm actually more excited for the upcoming documentary about Roger Corman's Fantastic Four film that was never released...
    When is this documentary happening?
    I'm a serious Corman fan from decades back, and his Fantastic Four is forever one of the oddest movies that never saw the light of day. Like the video said, how many of Roger's films were never released? And this is from the guy who brought us Attack of The Crab Monsters ( which actually wasn't that bad until the monsters actually showed up. But it had the Professor from Gilligan's Island in it, so that was a plus. )

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's listed as being released this year, but I can't seem to find a specific date: http://doomedthemovie.com/store/

United States
    Oy. The poor Fantastic Four. Still no movie love. Probably never will be until (if) Marvel ever gets the rights back. Same with Spidey, to a much lesser extent. If I was the guy at Marvel that let the rights to those escape into the wild, I might have to jump out a window.

Administrator

England
    Lots of negative talk about the film, including loads of reshoots... so will be interesting to see the result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-BVs-KCSiA
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ... so will be interesting to see the result.

This fecker couldn't be more doomed if Marie Laveau herself put a voodoo curse on it, IMO.

I might just piss on the marquee when it flops singing "f*ck you suits, let the filmmakers make the movies".
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 29-Jan-2015 at 03:57 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That trailer doesn't look all that bad....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Wow, i can't wait to see another shitty superhero film.

United States
    That trailer doesn't look all that bad....
    Meh. Looks average at best. But, teen age FF? Russian computer hacker Dr. Doom?!?!? 'Nuff Said, True Believers!

Administrator

England
    ...just can't get over how they're all school kids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbcNTCoxD8g
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    When is this documentary happening?
    I'm a serious Corman fan from decades back, and his Fantastic Four is forever one of the oddest movies that never saw the light of day. Like the video said, how many of Roger's films were never released? And this is from the guy who brought us Attack of The Crab Monsters ( which actually wasn't that bad until the monsters actually showed up. But it had the Professor from Gilligan's Island in it, so that was a plus. )
    Replying to myself I know, but this is the Roger Corman Fantastic Four from 1994 which got put up on YouTube a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljbMaPdofB4

Administrator

England
    Reviews are suggesting somewhat mediocre:-

- http://www.hitfix.com/motion-capture...er-nor-success
    - http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015...rhero-dawdling

The Fantastic Four, introduced in 1961, were Marvel’s original superhero ensemble. After the cheeseball 90s incarnation and Tim Story’s unremarkable double act of 2005 and 2007 they’re now on their fourth underwhelming feature adventure. A sequel has been announced for June 2017. Do you know what would be really fantastic? Leaving them on the page.

And I have to say, everytime I see the trailer suggesting the greatest scientific minds on the planet are supposedly a bunch of pretty teenage kids... I still groan!
    -Carl Sagan