Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Four Collector's Blu Ray Case

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Season Four Collector's Blu Ray Case

McFarlane's latest collector's Blu Ray case was revealed recently at the New York Toy Fair.

Apparently you push the walker's arm down and the blu ray case pops up.

Super Moderator

UK
    According to MovieCensorship.com, the season 4 Blu-Ray release will feature "several extended episodes" (including, apparently, episodes 4x09 and 4x14). So I'm assuming that'll be longer cuts of the episodes that'll be a viewing option, which would be a nice little something (only on Blu-Ray though, it appears).

Hours of bonus features, including never-before-seen production footage, deleted scenes and audio commentaries, with exclusive content only available on the Blu-ray release, including additional audio commentaries and several “extended” episodes seen for the first time.
    I've read that there's a couple of TWD related documentaries that are doing the rounds at events (and, I think, Comic-Con) with one being about what it's like to be a walker extra on the set ... I wonder if those will make it to the home video release? The supplemental material on season 3 was a bit disappointing (not much of it, some featurettes merely explaining a particular character's arc when we've already seen the episodes, not much variety in audio commentary speakers), so hopefully season 4 will get some juicy stuff.

United States
    Can't wait for this.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Can't wait for this.
    Why? For the fancy packaging and DVD extras? You already saw all the episodes already, haven't you?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Why? For the fancy packaging and DVD extras? You already saw all the episodes already, haven't you?

Nah, don't care about the packaging. Watching the series from beginning to end w/o commercials gives me a better feel for everything. I also like owning it over watching it on Netflix. I'm a fan what can I say.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Apparently you push the walker's arm down and the blu ray case goes KA-CHING!!!
    Fixed
    Last edited by krisvds; 01-Jul-2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: .

England
    Extended episodes!!!
    I'm all over this
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've read that there's a couple of TWD related documentaries that are doing the rounds at events (and, I think, Comic-Con) with one being about what it's like to be a walker extra on the set ... I wonder if those will make it to the home video release?
    AMC will be airing two documentaries and a "sneak peek" episode of Talking Dead this coming weekend for their Independence Day Marathon in the US. One documentary is what you mentioned, the other covers the general TWD "phenomenon", if I remember correctly. So we'll have an idea if they're worth their weight in gold for the season four set(if included), within 4-5 days.

I'm honestly not expecting much. Most of the AMC-produced special features have been lacking, IMO. The only documentary that I really loved was "We ARE the Walking Dead" covering all of season one, but that was produced by Darabont and one of his regular collaborators, so I doubt we'll ever see anything that in-depth again.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Extended episodes!!!
    I'm all over this
    They better be included in the region B edition!

Normal boring case will suit my needs.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 05-Jul-2014 at 02:57 AM. Reason: .
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    http://dailydead.com/walking-dead-se...-date-details/

FEATURES:

Audio Commentaries
    Deleted Scenes
    New Featurettes
    Extended Scenes (Blu-rayTM ONLY)
    Unless the documentaries airing on AMC this week and next are included in 'featurettes' then they're not in there (which is a bugger as I'd love to see those two docs airing July 8th and July 15th). Hopefully the above makes it to the UK intact as well!!!

And for fans of PACKAGING:

Slated for an August 26th release, The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season Blu-ray is coming out in two limited edition formats: the Prison Key Blu-ray with a CD soundtrack and the Blu-ray that comes in a “Tree Walker” display case created by McFarlane Toys that depicts the walker stuck under a log and growing over with moss, slowly becoming a part of the tree it’s leaning on. The Blu-ray and DVD of Season 4 will also see a Walmart exclusive release that comes with the CD soundtrack, a Target exclusive that comes in a Steelbook, a Best Buy exclusive packaging release, and a generic packaging release.
    The 'Prison Key' edition looks like this:

Administrator

England
    ^ WTF? Am I missing something or is that really quite dull? What's next, The Walking Dead collectors dish brush?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^ WTF? Am I missing something or is that really quite dull? What's next, The Walking Dead collectors dish brush?
    "Carroll's dead husbands busted watch collectors edition"

I quite like this key version one though , will sit on the shelf with the rest of your collection and comes with a little freebie.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    "Carroll's dead husbands busted watch collectors edition"

I quite like this key version one though , will sit on the shelf with the rest of your collection and comes with a little freebie.
    1)

2) Yeah, in terms of physically bunging it on your shelves it looks much more suitable ... although, I have to say, the 'prison key' still looks cheap and of no interest to me personally.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I love Alex Ross' work, especially with DC Comics, but that cover art just doesn't sit well with me. It's not bad, it just doesn't FEEL like TWD. It's definitely no Struzan cover art for Season One, that's for sure.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I love Alex Ross' work, especially with DC Comics, but that cover art just doesn't sit well with me. It's not bad, it just doesn't FEEL like TWD. It's definitely no Struzan cover art for Season One, that's for sure.
    Yeah, I liked it, but as you say, it doesn't quite sit properly for me. Struzan's definitely did, which had a hint of the comics about it, but fit the live action vibe far better. Ross' feels much more suited to the comic rather than the live action world of TWD.