Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x11 "Claimed" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

United States
    Good filler episode imo. Not that that's a bad thing; cause as someone else brought up, even the weaker episodes outshine some of the earlier stuff. Gimple really does now what he's doing. The guy that was knocked down in front of Rick clearly was still alive. Rick in panic mode was fantastic.

As far as Rosita, I for one love her translation from the book; spot on.

My only real gripe was why the hell was that dude on the toilet with his pants on? Haha

Anyone else think these guys could possibly be The Hunters? I personally don't think so but some of the background chatter could have suggested it.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    What was the deal with the covered painting they found in the house? Looked like it had red paint/blood over it? Made me think there was still someone alive in the house and painting stuff!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    My only real gripe was why the hell was that dude on the toilet with his pants on? Haha
    My only real gripe is why would you prefer to see him without pants off?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It looked completely staged and he was waiting on cue for Rick to walk in, oh wait, I see what you did there!
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    I really enjoyed the tension in Rick's scene. I completely understand his actions. I'm a gun guy and believe me I would have wanted that M16a1 from the bed guy. But picking a gun fight with an unknown, but at minimum superior numbered force, with a gun that may have 30 rds in the mag or 5rds is a bad idea. Last resort I would have gone down guns blazing but it's best to remain hidden.

Two things I miss. Number 1, Shane. Don't get me wrong I'm still a Ricktatorship guy but Shane was in the ass kicking business. I would love to see him in this story line.

Number 2 is some reflection about Hershel from Michonne and Rick. I don't know why I just need more mourning of Hershel.

Super Moderator

UK
    I watched The Talking Dead and something they raised was a bit I'd totally missed/hadn't really thought about.

When he kills the toilet guy (and yeah, why was he in there with his trousers up and the seat closed? ) he opens the door a touch ... and I didn't think of this initially, but like they said on TTD, it's kind of a zombie trap. The guy will reanimate eventually (providing they don't go to the upstairs bathroom) and he'll go shambling around the house and could take out one or two of those dudes - if the scenario works out that way (e.g. when they're asleep, akin to 4x02) ... but I didn't think of that at the time of watching it. Kind of like leaving a booby trap in the house - very crafty.

Ireland
    What was the deal with the covered painting they found in the house? Looked like it had red paint/blood over it?
    Yeh, not too sure what they were trying to say there.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I watched The Talking Dead and something they raised was a bit I'd totally missed/hadn't really thought about.

When he kills the toilet guy (and yeah, why was he in there with his trousers up and the seat closed? ) he opens the door a touch ... and I didn't think of this initially, but like they said on TTD, it's kind of a zombie trap. The guy will reanimate eventually (providing they don't go to the upstairs bathroom) and he'll go shambling around the house and could take out one or two of those dudes - if the scenario works out that way (e.g. when they're asleep, akin to 4x02) ... but I didn't think of that at the time of watching it. Kind of like leaving a booby trap in the house - very crafty.
    Yeah, also, didn't it actually happen? Only seen it once but is that what got the guy off the porch before Michonne and Carl showed up?

England
    I enjoyed the suspense in this episode - the bits with Rick were spot on.

I've not read the comics, so I'm real curious how the train line / terminus thing works out - will it be a cannibal set up? Or something akin to the "Salvation" in '28 days later' or perhaps a genuine settlement geared towards re-establishing society & a co-ordinated fight back against the dead?

The 3 stooges in the truck are pretty funny - the two guys remind me of Abbott & Costello, or Laurel & Hardy.

Good call on Rick leaving the door ajar with the freshly dead corpse - didn't pick up on that - and though he's a bundle of nerves, good to see when push comes to shove he can still cut it.

Administrator

England
    When he kills the toilet guy (and yeah, why was he in there with his trousers up and the seat closed? ) he opens the door a touch ... and I didn't think of this initially, but like they said on TTD, it's kind of a zombie trap.
    Interesting!
    1) So we're in a world now where Rick isn't willing to take any chances. These may well be perfectly OK guys - mind you why are they throttling each other - but he's not willing to risk it, and is indeed even willing to kill instead of risking it!
    2) You would also rather see a guy with his pants down than up Hmmm!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Yeah, also, didn't it actually happen? Only seen it once but is that what got the guy off the porch before Michonne and Carl showed up?
    Ah! Another element that I didn't twig! I'm off my game this week.

A re-watch is called for!

Interesting!
    1) So we're in a world now where Rick isn't willing to take any chances. These may well be perfectly OK guys - mind you why are they throttling each other - but he's not willing to risk it, and is indeed even willing to kill instead of risking it!
    2) You would also rather see a guy with his pants down than up Hmmm!!!
    1) No way those guys are perfectly okay. From the get-go they're clearly bad dudes. A normal group would be thankful for any bed - this lot choke each other out for the master bedroom ... plus they were clearly up to no good downstairs. I'm not entirely sure if it was a couple of walkers they were playing with, or whether it was a couple of survivors (I recall them mentioning a "shirt" to make us think they'd caught Michonne and Carl, but thankfully not) ... I read it that they'd captured a couple of survivors and were going to have their wicked way with them.

2) Well it's kinda hard to drop the kids off at the pool if the door's shut. The look on his face was pretty priceless, mind.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    What was the deal with the covered painting they found in the house? Looked like it had red paint/blood over it? Made me think there was still someone alive in the house and painting stuff!?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah! Why didn't they meet the painter? That could've been awesome! But still yeah, good 'filler', and good intro to the new characters, I thought. Michonne!

England
    Upon 3rd viewing i've come to the conclusion that Andy Lincoln should get an Emmy nod for this episode.
    Im not his biggest fan as Rick but the way he communicated controlled fear was outstanding. Bravo.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed

First and foremost, I think that guy was in the bathroom changing his clothes. There's a pair of boots on the side of the toilet and the guy is barefooted when he fights Rick. It would at least make sense why his pants were on and the toilet seat was down.
    As for Rick opening the door; that drove me crazy!! I knew it had to have some significance. It wasn't until about 15 minutes later (before they talked about it on The Talking Dead, that it dawned on me. He was figuring the guy would reanimate and cause chaos. I think I'm getting a little slow-witted in my old age.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Even if it didn't quite click when Rick left the bathroom door open, it didn't all come together for you guys when Rick is outside and the bandits start screaming and shooting inside?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Even if it didn't quite click when Rick left the bathroom door open, it didn't all come together for you guys when Rick is outside and the bandits start screaming and shooting inside?
    Yeh, I put 2&2 together at that point, but never noticed the door opening scene in the first place being discussed!
    -Carl Sagan