Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TWD 4x11 "Claimed" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I figured what happened was both guys upstairs reanimated and came downstairs. That's just my theory though. I don't know if he was unconscious, unless they said that somewhere, I figured dead because it seemed like the other guy had enough time to fall asleep before rick tried to escape, usually when someone gets choked out they're only out for maybe 10-15 seconds.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    usually when someone gets choked out they're only out for maybe 10-15 seconds.
    And when someone is hit on the head and knocked unconscious, they are only out for a minute, maximum, before regaining consciousness. Longer then that can signify brain damage. Also, chloroform doesn't just render everyone unconscious with a whiff. It takes differing amounts for different people; too much will outright kill you.

Of course, on tv, they gloss over all that, so someone can easily be chocked out and be unconscious for 20 minutes. No biggie.

Undisclosed
    I figured what happened was both guys upstairs reanimated and came downstairs. That's just my theory though. I don't know if he was unconscious, unless they said that somewhere, I figured dead because it seemed like the other guy had enough time to fall asleep before rick tried to escape, usually when someone gets choked out they're only out for maybe 10-15 seconds.

It wouldn't make sense for the attacker to kill the first guy. After this; the attacker laid down and took a nap. Who would kill someone and then go and take a nap right near them? It makes no sense. The attacker is a survivor and he has to know, anyone who dies will come back and attack.

United States
    Interesting theory:

What if the people being tortured beneath Rick are members of his group? Perhaps we'll see an episode that covers that angle? Would be interesting and would make sense cause one of the Bandits was the great Jeff Kober; pretty cool genre actor who I wouldn't think would get hired just to do one sparse scene.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    What people were being tortured? They found a womens shirt and were talking about who got first dibs with her (they were figuring on the shirts owner on returning sometime soon).

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by zomtom View Post
    It wouldn't make sense for the attacker to kill the first guy. After this; the attacker laid down and took a nap. Who would kill someone and then go and take a nap right near them? It makes no sense. The attacker is a survivor and he has to know, anyone who dies will come back and attack.
    Good point. Also, after watching the episode again I noticed that once the guy is "choked out" it cuts to Rick, but immediately cuts back to the guy and reveals that he's still breathing.

Another cool thing is just prior to the first guy throwing himself down on the bed, Rick pulls a watch from his pocket. At first I thought he didn't want to risk it being damaged, figuring that the guy may chuck himself onto the bed. Then I realized, DUH, that he's checking to see how long before Carl and Michonne return to the house and meet their uninvited guests (IMO). Personally I think these little subtleties really embellished the episode and fleshed out Rick's motivations.

On a not so subtle note, I liked Abraham's nomenclature for walkers - "Dead-Alive Pricks!", certainly the most colourful compared to "Skin-Eaters" or "Biters". Off-hand can anyone remember what name Dave and Tony (from the episode "Nebraska") used for walkers?
    Last edited by Morto Vivente; 02-Mar-2014 at 07:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Morto Vivente View Post
    On a not so subtle note, I liked Abraham's nomenclature for walkers - "Dead-Alive Pricks!", certainly the most colourful compared to "Skin-Eaters" or "Biters". Off-hand can anyone remember what name Dave and Tony (from the episode "Nebraska") used for walkers?
    Lame brains
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Lame brains
    Cheers.... Lame Brains, how fitting. I miss those guys.
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    What people were being tortured? They found a womens shirt and were talking about who got first dibs with her (they were figuring on the shirts owner on returning sometime soon).
    Perhaps tortured is the wrong word but I could have swore the first thing Rick heard upon waking was the men talking down on someone else as they were begging.
    I'll have to watch it again.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Administrator

England
    He just choked him unconscious. I'll swear he even snorts later?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    He just choked him unconscious. I'll swear he even snorts later?
    Fair enough. I just figure you have the same odds of getting killed by killing a guy and then sleeping next to his imminently reanimating corpse as you do by beating a guy up, choking him out and then taking a nap next to his unconscious body. either way, when that guy gets up, violence would ensue.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Fair enough. I just figure you have the same odds of getting killed by killing a guy and then sleeping next to his imminently reanimating corpse as you do by beating a guy up, choking him out and then taking a nap next to his unconscious body. either way, when that guy gets up, violence would ensue.
    yeah. Rick's acting was great, but there was a whole lot of not making sense going on in that scene.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria