Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TWD 4x12 "Still" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    Possibly the weakest TWD to date?
    i would have to say so. emily kinney isn't that good of an actor in my opinion, and darryl's character is about a one-trick pony these days. the burning of the house was silly, and the song playing during that sequence was TERRIBLE. like you, i did have hopes for the first few opening minutes, but once it became clear the entire episode would be spent with those two trying to find booze and playing drinking games, it was another let-down from TWD.....and i still can't get over how shitty that song was at the end. i was laughing out loud at how bad it was.

to each his own, though.

England
    I'm wondering if the fire will be spotted by one or more of the other prison survivor groups leading to a reunion next episode....

Also - I found Darryl's attitude to alcohol a bit perplexing given how he beat up on the alcoholic army medic guy earlier in the series....

Agree the song at the end was out of place... not sure what that was all about. I did expect Beth to have a little sing along at some point - but alas that was not to happen.

Looking forward to tomorrows episode

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbomb View Post
    I found Darryl's attitude to alcohol a bit perplexing given how he beat up on the alcoholic army medic guy earlier in the series....
    That was more (or entirely) to do with them being on a mission to find medicine to cure their sick and dying friends, and all Bob wanted to do was get himself a bottle of gut rot, and actively risked their lives at one point to save it. Indeed, he'd already caused a bugger up at the Big Spot supermarket that ended up killing one of their group.

I don't think Daryl thinks that booze is inherently bad (he was rather enjoying a nice bottle of Southern Comfort in 1x06), it's more the context - with Bob it was endangering lives and an infinitely more important mission.