Thread: Oculus (film)

Administrator

England

Oculus (film)

Karen Gillan (Amy Pond from Doctor Who) get's s fright or two!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJrxezWLUk
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Some April Film Foolishness, so it seems. If this friggin entity starts doing the spider walk, I won't be surprised. Still not impressed ( except for Ms. Gillian ... Gingers are Grand. )
    I think these types of movies are becoming like club music. You don't even pretend anymore that you're not sampling a scene or two directly from Mama, or The Grudge, or Paranormal Activity. If Karen Gillian was in any other movie, I'd be there on opening day, just for her. As the line goes; there's a lot of flash here but no sizzle.

United States
    I just got back from seeing it. I'm going to give it a resounding: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    The movie is riddled with flashback scenes that intertwine with them in the present. It gets a bit confusing, but I see what they were trying to do. Lots of unanswered questions, at least to me, and they left it open for some sequel action. The ending somewhat blows, and everyone left in silence. Blah blah blah...
    5/10. It might've gotten more if I'd seen a sweeet spiderwalk, but oh wellz.

United States
    I really enjoyed Flanagan's previous film "Absentia". Really low key, quiet & restrained, but compelling & well told & acted. So, yeah, I'm still looking forward to this one, despite the fact I've heard opinions are likely to be split.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I'm giving it a pass. Just tired of all this supernatural horror BS, and the thing with the apple and lightbulb just seemed so contrived and silly I laughed the first time I saw the trailer (Yeah, I've seen variations on it... several times). So meh. Not interested. Next.