Thread: Watch Dogs (video game)

Administrator

England

Watch Dogs (video game)

Hope it's as good as it looks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc_U7tQwg8g
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Um...just looks like another series of cut scenes tied together with a little bit of gameplay.

TBH, I'm getting a little tired of that format.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    I actually was shocked and disappointed when hearing that this game got cancelled by Ubisoft. But glad that didn't happen and it's just 2 months away to see the actual gameplay of this game. Can't wait to see it on YouTube videos. Hopefully, Ubisoft will nail this game.
    Last edited by creamtown; 08-Mar-2014 at 10:17 AM. Reason: typo
    I love games. And a LOT. But i'm more into mobile games actually, like smartphone and tablet games. BUt i still have my classic Xbox, which now has been kept safely in my warehouse

Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / MySpace / Tumblr / Youtube / Blog

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Um...just looks like another series of cut scenes tied together with a little bit of gameplay.

TBH, I'm getting a little tired of that format.
    Erm, well that trailer was a story trailer, so naturally most of that is going to take place in cutscenes.

I've seen extended gameplay videos and it's all open world stuff.

I'd definitely like to play it. Hopefully the gameplay is tight and the controls locked-in. There's rarely anything worse for a game with a good conceit than dodgy controls/gameplay mechanics ... so hopefully Watchdogs is tight as a drum.

Administrator

England
    5/5 from Examiner - http://www.examiner.com/review/watch...-053014-9.00am

It's yet another brilliant IP to add to the Ubisoft portfolio and it's one I can't wait to see where it goes next. Watch Dogs is a Game of the Year candidate. It delivered on its promise of being next-generation. Ubisoft is in the business of doing things differently and thinking outside the box, obviously.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Pretty solid game.

If your console is connected online. They do this thing were other players can sneak into your game and try to hack you(they are told not to hurt you). The interesting part is it is called seamless multiplayer or something. Pretty great idea to be honest. Other players(as the main character) are given the mission to hack you and not get caught. You are the main character but see everyone else as total strangers. They see themselves as the main character and you show up as a stranger on their t.v.

If you are trying to hack someone, you have to be pretty good at hiding cause if not the other player will find you pretty easy. I have managed to punk a few people but I have also had a few people outwit me as well. It's a good challenge.

It took me a few times to realize that the person trying to hack me wasn't an NPC. I got into a crazy ass car chase with one cause I caught him hacking me. Well he was doing some crazy driving and the whole time I'm thinking "damn!! this is an AI???".

You can disable the feature but you lose all reward points by doing so. I might suggest simply unplugging your ethernet cable if you don't want any online surprises .