Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x15 "Us" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Actually if they go to DC it would probably be awesome if season 5 opened up with a scene for scene reenactment of Day of the Deads opening.
    Tyreese: "Forget it Abe my boy, it's a dead place, listen you can hear it over de eng... that's it I quit you racist fu-"
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 25-Mar-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: bird is the word

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    They have already confirmed that the spin off series will be set in a totally different setting and will be completely stand alone with new characters.
    Kinda pointless in my opinion. Why not save the shillings and put into the main show? That would make more sense to me.

It's also way too early to kill off Rick imo. Would be bold but most importantly a big mistake.
    If they kill Rick off, expect the show to end the next season or two.
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 25-Mar-2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: .
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Did I see a Bub homage in the tunnel?
    That was my take on it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonOfTheShred View Post
    Not much Rick / Carl / Michonne this week. Things don't bode well for Rick; it's like they're writing him off the show, seeing how it works without him for 4 or 5 episodes now, setting up Michonne as Carl's new guardian. I hope they don't go there YET, but if it happens it will surely make the audience lose their shit.
    You're getting me worried now
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Anyone else discover that Mary; the lady at Terminus grilling the good, was also portrayed in that painting that Carl handed to Michonne back in "Claimed"? You can also see the sunflowers at Terminus that strangely also appeared as a painting in that same house. Coincidence? Nope!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Kinda pointless in my opinion. Why not save the shillings and put into the main show? That would make more sense to me.

If they kill Rick off, expect the show to end the next season or two.
    Not really a fan of a spin off series honestly. One show is enough.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

United States
    Anyone else discover that Mary; the lady at Terminus grilling the good, was also portrayed in that painting that Carl handed to Michonne back in "Claimed"? You can also see the sunflowers at Terminus that strangely also appeared as a painting in that same house.
    Say whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

I gotta check this out.

Hrm...

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Ireland
    Tasha Yar
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Administrator

England
    Hmm dunno what to make of daryls new gang, theres definately going to be some blood spilt somewhere when they catch up with rick.

I dont think they are the hunters, i think terminus is the hunters. Anyone else notice the creepy lady at the end was wearing what looks like beth's yellow sweater from the golf club?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hmm dunno what to make of daryls new gang, theres definately going to be some blood spilt somewhere when they catch up with rick.

I dont think they are the hunters, i think terminus is the hunters. Anyone else notice the creepy lady at the end was wearing what looks like beth's yellow sweater from the golf club?

Someone else mentioned Beth's shirt but it can go either way. If she's wearing Beth's clothes that would be brilliant. Haha.

Can't wait for the finale; but I'm also afraid of the wait that will follow it.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm getting quite nervous with all these raising eyebrows and suggestive rumblings around Rick. He's appearing on Talking Dead next week - for the first time ever - and well, is he appearing because he's gonna be killed off, or is he appearing just because he happens to be in the USA at the same time (he recently missed an appearance on Conan because he was ill and back here in good old Blighty)?

Indeed - is it all misdirection?! Are AMC et al trying to make us think one thing so we're diverted from what actually happens? Are they just messing with us?

I dearly hope they don't kill off Rick. I think that'd be a big mistake for reasons previously mentioned. It'd be a bold move, but I also think it'd be a dumb move, and kind of arbitrary too.

Well, either way, I guess AMC have got what they wanted - people talking and fretting about the show as only fans can.

Yes, I saw images about the foreshadowing of the sunflowers and Mary (who is just downright creepy in a really overly nice kind of way), which is a pretty damn cool touch that shows they've put a lot of thought into this season across all departments. I love little easter eggs like that.

Terminus is a bit shady - it's too perfect looking on the outside, it's gotta be an apple rotten on the inside ... and the fact the gates were unlocked got me nervous too. You know, because, if you're a really bad person/group, then you're not worried about other humans opening up your gates ... indeed, they're openly inviting them along ... for supper?

Oh, I cannot wait to see the finale!

United States
    Those paintings have me freaked out now. Michonne paid attention to them deliberately so viewers could see them. This is some messed up stuff.

Minion I have a horrible feeling about Rick. Like you said they may be playing with is but I'm concerned.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Say whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

I gotta check this out.

Hrm...

O M G ! Surely a total coincidence?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    O M G ! Surely a total coincidence?
    There's no such thing. ESPECIALLY in fiction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chekhov's_gun

England
    Anyone else discover that Mary; the lady at Terminus grilling the good, was also portrayed in that painting that Carl handed to Michonne back in "Claimed"? You can also see the sunflowers at Terminus that strangely also appeared as a painting in that same house. Coincidence? Nope!
    Wow! Nicely spotted/observed, sir!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    i think any speculation and hand-wringing over rick's fate is a bit silly. there's no way they're gonna kill him off. in fact, aside from possibly learning beth is dead or on the menu at terminus, none of the "untouchables" will perish in the finale.

not saying it'll be as big of a let-down as the ending to season 3, but i'm a bit skeptical anything that earth-shattering will come of it. i'll gladly admit i was wrong, but my faith in the show has been shaken over the last couple seasons and i'm sorta thinking this finale won't live up to the hype...sorry to all the uber-fans on here, i really mean no offense, but i just don't think it's gonna be that stellar.

guess we'll see in a few days, and like i said, i'll be one of the first to admit i was wrong if shit gets real.

England
    Maybe Jon & his band of merry men will team up with Eugene, Abraham & Rosita and head off to Washington... then the "untouchables" can get back to a life of farming.

For me this episode was a bit mediocre - some good bits, but how Maggie, Bob & Sasha managed to get through the tunnel was stretching things a bit. I mean, it's difficult to believe that emptying one hand gun clip into the tunnel roof (6 inch probably steel reinforced concrete roof) would cause such a collapse... never mind that they'd escape unharmed/not covered in debris... and that they'd get past the walkers that were left to confront Glenn & Tara? ...and when the cavalry arrived, even Abraham managed to shot straight.

Good to see Bub & Mary... wouldn't have recongnised Tasha Ya!

What was it that Darryl "claimed" on the rail track near Carl/Michone's discarded chocolate wrapper?

Crap song at the end again.