Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWD 4x15 "Us" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i think any speculation and hand-wringing over rick's fate is a bit silly. there's no way they're gonna kill him off. in fact, aside from possibly learning beth is dead or on the menu at terminus, none of the "untouchables" will perish in the finale.

not saying it'll be as big of a let-down as the ending to season 3, but i'm a bit skeptical anything that earth-shattering will come of it. i'll gladly admit i was wrong, but my faith in the show has been shaken over the last couple seasons and i'm sorta thinking this finale won't live up to the hype...sorry to all the uber-fans on here, i really mean no offense, but i just don't think it's gonna be that stellar.

guess we'll see in a few days, and like i said, i'll be one of the first to admit i was wrong if shit gets real.
    I'm a huge fan but my feelings aren't that it's going to be a letdown because it won't deliver the goods; no, I'm just worried because there is no way they can wrap everything up in 40 minutes. I smell things spilling over into season 5 and that's not cool. I guess we'll see.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    @buzzbomb, regarding the concrete collapse:

yes, in my experience (construction worker with 160 hours of concrete classes and training), a tunnel like that would have loads of reinforcing steel rebar, and no handguns i can think of would do that sort of damage and cause a collapse like that. that was total bullshit, but my mind must've been shut off at that time, which means the writers are doing their job i suppose.

@moon knight, regarding the likelihood of a finale that fizzles out:

that's another thing, between beth's kidnapping, darryl's joining another group, rick and his crew still on the roam, as well as carol and tyrese wandering around, not to mention the terminus situation, there's simply too much to wrap up in one episode. i'm predicting it'll be more like a set-up to try and get people amped about season 5 rather than a satifying "finale" for this season.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    @moon knight, regarding the likelihood of a finale that fizzles out:

that's another thing, between beth's kidnapping, darryl's joining another group, rick and his crew still on the roam, as well as carol and tyrese wandering around, not to mention the terminus situation, there's simply too much to wrap up in one episode. i'm predicting it'll be more like a set-up to try and get people amped about season 5 rather than a satifying "finale" for this season.

Agree with you on this one, and as slow as the pace has been in the second half an ending like that just isn't satisfying. Fingers crossed.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

Super Moderator

UK
    BuzzBomb - I believe it was a strawberry growing in the wild by the tracks that Daryl claimed.

I expect the finale will tie up the loose ends of this season (possibly some thematic elements too), get us in position for the main arc of season five, and leave us with a grim reveal and/or cliffhanger.

United States
    At minimum the season premier and finale should be 1.5 hours long. Its been spoken of but the commercial breaks are far too frequent and affect the flow.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    At minimum the season premier and finale should be 1.5 hours long. Its been spoken of but the commercial breaks are far too frequent and affect the flow.
    The show plays out much better while watching on BluRay or Netflix. It's amazing what a difference no commercials can make.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    Yeah, I've thought despite the high cost of the show's production, that making a night out of a season premiere or, better yet, finale would still be worth it for AMC and in cases like this Sunday be best for the show.

I know there will be some WTF moments when the credits roll...there almost has to be with the limited running time left in the season and all the threads hanging out in the wind the way they are. I just hope there's some satisfaction or pay off to be gained from the finale.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    The show plays out much better while watching on BluRay or Netflix. It's amazing what a difference no commercials can make.
    I watch the show at least 20mins late, so I can then FF through the adverts
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I watch the show at least 20mins late, so I can then FF through the adverts
    Haha I get what you mean but it's still not the same.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight View Post
    Haha I get what you mean but it's still not the same.
    It is... because I time it so perfectly - using IBM Big Blue - that at the end of the final adverts I'm watching it "live" again!

Honest!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    My prediction for the season finale is that daryl is going to die and it may well be rick that does it.

Between daryl's losing it since the fall of the prison and his new group hunting rick, i think they will be forced to fight and either rick or joe will kill daryl.

That is my prediction, when you all see it this weekend you may line up with offerings to my awesomeness.

Also having watching this episode again, the terminus are definitely...

the hunters.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I expect the finale will tie up the loose ends of this season (possibly some thematic elements too), get us in position for the main arc of season five, and leave us with a grim reveal and/or cliffhanger.
    I expect there to be this giant chorus of people screaming, "F*CK!!!" at the top of their lungs when it's all said and done...
    Followed by one long ass wait for season 5.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    My prediction for the season finale is that daryl is going to die and it may well be rick that does it.

Between daryl's losing it since the fall of the prison and his new group hunting rick, i think they will be forced to fight and either rick or joe will kill daryl.

That is my prediction, when you all see it this weekend you may line up with offerings to my awesomeness.

Also having watching this episode again, the terminus are definitely...

the hunters.
    Rick kill Daryl? I can't fathom a situation where that would play out beyond an absolute mistake. Rick may make mistakes but the man is honorable but more important respects honorable men. But if your prediction comes through I will hail your awesomeness. Then hate you forever

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I think the terminus prediction may be spot on, it was something I was wondering on their approach, going through all the gates: there's nobody else around. How many people have probably seen the signs and gone there, they can't all be hiding on the other side of the building or something dumb like that.

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    I think the terminus prediction may be spot on, it was something I was wondering on their approach, going through all the gates: there's nobody else around. How many people have probably seen the signs and gone there, they can't all be hiding on the other side of the building or something dumb like that.
    And then yell:"SURPRIIIIIISE!!!" And they all fall over backwards laughing.