Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: TWD 4x15 "Us" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Super Moderator

United States
    Incarceration is big business in the USA.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Rick wasn't a sheriff. Besides, who would expect him to know the locations of all prisons in the state?
    A sheriff's deputy. They transport jailed inmates to prison after sentencing. It would have been part of his job. But it's just an observation on my part, doesn't ruin the show for me.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by facestabber View Post
    A sheriff's deputy. They transport jailed inmates to prison after sentencing. It would have been part of his job. But it's just an observation on my part, doesn't ruin the show for me.
    But surely he wouldn't be transporting them outside of his jurisdiction? Wouldn't the county that has the prison send one of their own to collect their prisoner?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    But surely he wouldn't be transporting them outside of his jurisdiction? Wouldn't the county that has the prison send one of their own to collect their prisoner?
    So far as I understand, yeah. For example, a police officer/deputy, whatever, on the west coast of my state wouldn't transfer a prisoner to the east coast side of the state (where I live). Basically, like anyone else, the further Rick gets from home, the less familiar with the territory he'll be. You can't expect him to know of every McDonalds, know what I mean? The same goes with jails and prisons; they tend to be tucked away and isolated, so if you're not native to the area, you wouldn't really know where they are.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Actually deputies leave their jurisdiction all the time for prisoner transport. I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I'm speaking from first hand knowledge. But we don't know the distance only that they drove there from prison. I think it's close enough that Rick should have known but no big deal. There are far worse oversights in the show. And maybe Rick never thought of the idea of a prison as sanctuary until he stumbled upon it. And sand rock is right in that a Deputy isn't gonna be familiar with every prison in the state. In illinois we use a prison nearby, Statesville, as a primary intake prison then from there the prisoners will be allocated throughout the state.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's possible he could have known about the prison, but it's also quite a distance from where Rick originated. Looking at this map, "Terminus" is located in Macon(about the middle of the state). The prison would have been a decent distance S/SW of Macon. Likely around the region of Columbus. If Rick was originally from the Northern part of the state, and judging by him entering Atlanta from Interstate 85(the highway going from Atlanta N/NE into South Carolina), I'd think there's a very good chance he wouldn't have known about the prison on the complete opposite side of the state. Also, he policed a very small town judging by the department, staff, and surroundings, so I doubt they would have to transport prisoners that often.

Attached Images

England
    I don't get the problem people have about Rick not knowing where the prison was. It's just not the sort of place you would think of as a safe haven in a universe where our beloved genre doesn't exist. It's just not that obvious unless you've thought about it long and hard.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    I don't get the problem people have about Rick not knowing where the prison was. It's just not the sort of place you would think of as a safe haven in a universe where our beloved genre doesn't exist. It's just not that obvious unless you've thought about it long and hard.
    I don't think people are mad about it. Just an observation to make people laugh.....well some anyway.

United States
    All this walking along the train tracks has made me think: if I were any of the survivors, I would be sure to commandeer one of those old school railway handcars. I mean, here's everyone walking along, all slow and stuff and I would go flying by at 15 miles per hour! "See ya in Terminus, suckers!"

Of course, then people would blame Rick for not knowing where those handcars are kept

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    All this walking along the train tracks has made me think: if I were any of the survivors, I would be sure to commandeer one of those old school railway handcars. I mean, here's everyone walking along, all slow and stuff and I would go flying by at 15 miles per hour! "See ya in Terminus, suckers!"

Of course, then people would blame Rick for not knowing where those handcars are kept
    Being that they're now at Terminus, it'd be kind of funny if they found one of those railroad utility trucks that has normal tires/wheels, but can also drop down the rail wheels in order to ride on the tracks. Wouldn't have to worry so much about roadblocks on the train tracks....

United States

Ryan Seacrest interview with Andrew Lincoln

Sorry if this has been posted previously, but in this brief interview Ryan Seacrest claims to know Greg Nicotero and that Greg divulged the death of a major character on the season finale. I wonder if this is true? At the end Seacrest claims he was making it all up, but it's really strange that he would claim to know Greg. Don't click on the link in case you're afraid of spoilers.

http://www.ryanseacrest.com/2014/03/...k-party-trick/

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Say whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

I gotta check this out.

Hrm...

So nothing came of this then? Just a coincidence?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    ^

tune in for season 5 to find out this and other burning questions left unanswered in our "shocking" finale!!!!

-amc