Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: TWD 4x16 "A" episode discussion (Season 4 Finale) ... **SPOILERS WITHIN**

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Part of it is that the blood and guts are fake but the boobies and butts are real. Real blood and guts are just as taboo. Another part is that parents know their teens are more likely to, let's say, be tempted to act out in real life based on visions of boobies and butts versus visions of blood and guts.
    As we can see by the low, low rates of assaults and homicides in the US. The US could use more acting out on boobs and butts and a little less acting out on blood and gore.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    As we can see by the low, low rates of assaults and homicides in the US.
    Much, much lower than the rate of sexual activity, I assure you.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    As we can see by the low, low rates of assaults and homicides in the US. The US could use more acting out on boobs and butts and a little less acting out on blood and gore.
    Give me some boobs and butts and I'll be more than happy to act out on them.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's funny how often this censorship thing pops up. Yes, the US allows violence and less nudity, and yes, the UK allows nudity and less violence. The beauty of it all is that it's 2014 and we can watch whatever the hell we want on the internet...

Anyway...I rarely watch the episodes a second time before the blu ray release, but I decided to give the finale another viewing. I really think the show is in great hands with Gimple. If they can keep him around, anyway.

While not terrible, I think the first half of the season he was trying to make up for some of Mazzara's Season Three mistakes, but the second half is great and the finale is phenomenal. Maybe not the same geek-out as the reveal of Michonne and the Prison in Season Two, but more of a an emotional character finale for Rick. I think it's just a wonderfully crafted episode and hope to see more like it in the next season.

It sucks to know that half of Season Five is already written and we have to wait until December to see it all....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It's funny how often this censorship thing pops up. Yes, the US allows violence and less nudity, and yes, the UK allows nudity and less violence.
    Not entirely true - We're talking about a very gory show being shown at 9pm, hence why I suspect it was cut (in the UK). At 10pm it's shown unmolested.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Not entirely true - We're talking about a very gory show being shown at 9pm, hence why I suspect it was cut (in the UK). At 10pm it's shown unmolested.
    Indeed, it depends on the hour. In general though, the US is okay with violence and less natural nudity and vice versa. I don't agree with it at all, but it's just the way our different regions deal with it....

Undisclosed
    Finally caught up with you guys and watched the back half of the season in one go the other night.

Agree with bassman on this one: that finale is probably (one of ) the best TWD has ever been. In fact those final six episodes are better than most of what we got in the abysmal third season: characters continue to get better lines written for them, the direction and editing are way better, there are moments of intense suspense and dread (the first half of the finale). As ever the F/X were stellar.

But when the series gets silly it does so with a vengeance: Carl's monologue when Rick was out was beyond bad. Dear God that kid can do better than that. Still don't like the smell thing: Michone hiding amongst the zombies with her pets stretches plausibility into the plain stupid. Those folk songs montage bits really do not work. And what was that with the searching for a drink episode?

Still: the series has never been better: Rick hiding under the bed is about as tense as television gets, the crew were finally on the road (tracks) for a long period and some interesting questions were raised. The Carol arc especially was sad and powerful. The mystery surrounding Terminus was handled well. The zombies were more of a threat than they were in the past but the real enemy is mankind itself.

Bring on season 5.
    Last edited by krisvds; 08-Apr-2014 at 05:48 AM. Reason: .

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Finally caught up with you guys and watched the back half of the season in one go the other night.

Agree with bassman on this one: that finale is probably (one of ) the best TWD has ever been. In fact those final six episodes are better than most of what we got in the abysmal third season: characters continue to get better lines written for them, the direction and editing are way better, there are moments of intense suspense and dread (the first half of the finale). As ever the F/X were stellar.

But when the series gets silly it does so with a vengeance: Carl's monologue when Rick was out was beyond bad. Dear God that kid can do better than that. Still don't like the smell thing: Michone hiding amongst the zombies with her pets stretches plausibility into the plain stupid. Those folk songs montage bits really do not work. And what was that with the searching for a drink episode?

Still: the series has never been better: Rick hiding under the bed is about as tense as television gets, the crew were finally on the road (tracks) for a long period and some interesting questions were raised. The Carol arc especially was sad and powerful. The mystery surrounding Terminus was handled well. The zombies were more of a threat than they were in the past but the real enemy is mankind itself.

Bring on season 5.
    I'm with you 100%! And tired, so I can't really say anything new or groundbreaking. But I DID see this episode and I DID love it to bits. Hopefully we see a cool ritual in that room at Terminus at some point soon. (Maybe I should read the comics...) Anyway, it's so crazy that this show is like the flipside of MLP:FiM. Like... Y'know? They're so similar and backwards to each other and opposite... Did I mention I was tired?