Page 114 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2589

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

5) Hell of the Living Dead - yeah, I saw this for the first time a few months ago. It's a bag o'shite, isn't it? It's kinda fun in some respects, because it's so bad, but it's also just flat-out bad most of the time. I'm glad I didn't spend any more than six quid on it!

HEY!! Whisht up you!

One of the greatest films ever made.

Neil has banned people for less.

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Rising

United States
    Hell of the Living Dead had some very amusing bits of dialogue. Particularly memorable and inspirational are some of the lines delivered by Lt. Mike London, gems like "It's hot as a horse's ass and fly time here, and I don't like the heat!", and "Eh... up your ass, Lieutenant Mike London, Shit Creek, the year is now!" (in reply to a reference to Mahatma Gandhi: "Patience is the chief virtue of those who have faith. Mahatma Gandhi, New Dehli, 1946.")
    Last edited by JDP; 30-Sep-2018 at 03:20 AM. Reason: ;

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    HEY!! Whisht up you!

One of the greatest films ever made.

Neil has banned people for less.

*looks nervously over shoulder*

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

*looks nervously over shoulder*
    Don't let it happen again.

Anyway, you were probably just mixing it up with the very similar 'Zombie Creeping Flesh'.

Now that's a bag o' shite.

Super Moderator

UK
    Don't let it happen again.

Anyway, you were probably just mixing it up with the very similar 'Zombie Creeping Flesh'.

Now that's a bag o' shite.
    You mean literally the same movie?

J'Accuse!

Ireland

but also...

Super Moderator

UK
    haha, I turn your "joke" meme back on you...

Ireland
    Last edited by shootemindehead; 03-Oct-2018 at 04:51 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A few Halloween marathon flicks from the first days of the month...

Lifeforce
    I first saw this flick just a couple months ago, which I believe I’d discussed here. Even with all its flaws, this flick has a really strange draw to it. The effects are oddly well done, the acting is adequate, the cinematography is quite gorgeous, and it’s a fun time. Probably the second best out of the three films Tobe Hooper made for Cannon Films(the other two follow). 7/10

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
    I LOVE this flick. Tone Hooper created the classic original, and years later went in a completely different direction with the sequel. Amazing performances throughout, with special mention for Dennis Hopper chewing scenery as the officer on the family’s trail and Bill Moseley as the hilarious Chop Top. The film didn’t originally get the best of receptions, perhaps due to it being its own film in tone, but I feel it’s one that deserves to be re-evaluated and graded on its own. Even if they are two totally different films, I’m crazy close to claiming this sequel as my favorite of the series! 9/10

Invaders From Mars
    This is by far the worst of Tobe Hooper’s three films for Canon. You can see what it was that he was aiming for with this direct remake, but it just doesn’t come together as Hooper wanted and the viewer is left with nothing. 4/10

AVP: Alien Vs Predator
    This is an unusual one for my yearly Halloween marathon, as I saw it available on the HBO app and watched it for the first time since it’s release. Because I hadn’t seen it in so many years, it was basically like seeing it for the first time again. And there in lies my surprise: it’s not that bad! I had memories of heavily disliking this film, but this time I took away a more positive response. The flick no doubt has its issues, but on the whole it’s a decent little film! Dare I say that it actually had some pretty good ideas for the two blockbuster franchises. It’s still not the Alien/Predator flick that I and most fans wanted, but I was shocked to find that it was actually kinda close! It’s not Anderson’s best film, that honor goes to Event Horizon, which is on my marathon/review schedule soon! 6/10

Hotel Transylvania 3
    I’ve really loved the Hotel Transylvania series. Sure, it’s the Adam Sandler crew and it has it’s eye-rolling moments, but Genndy Taryakovsky has brought some great imagination to the series. This third film is probably the weakest thus far, but is still a pretty good watch. The daughter and I have great fun with these, and we both hope any future entries can take it up a notch. 6/10
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Oct-2018 at 09:21 AM. Reason: .

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I LOVE this flick. Tone Hooper created the classic original, and years later went in a completely different direction with the sequel. Amazing performances throughout, with special mention for Dennis Hopper chewing scenery as the officer on the family’s trail and Bill Moseley as the hilarious Chop Top. The film didn’t originally get the best of receptions, perhaps due to it being its own film in tone, but I feel it’s one that deserves to be re-evaluated and graded on its own. Even if they are two totally different films, I’m crazy close to claiming this sequel as my favorite of the series! 9/10
    That movie was utter crap. One of his worst movies. The first one was way better.

Invaders From Mars
    This is by far the worst of Tobe Hooper’s three films for Canon. You can see what it was that he was aiming for with this direct remake, but it just doesn’t come together as Hooper wanted and the viewer is left with nothing. 4/10
    It's a movie aimed primarily at younger audiences, and as it is, it's just fine. The plot about the aliens coming to Earth and stealing our copper supplies for their energy needs was interesting. My only gripe is the unrealistic attitude of both the military and the scientists. None of them seem to show the slightest interest beyond a passing curiosity about the copper-centered alien technology. A cheap, abundant, stable metal like copper being able to supply such amounts of energy would be something that both of these groups would make a priority to investigate for their own purposes (viz. military for war applications, scientists for science's sake.) So, in reality they would certainly be very interested in trying to capture living Martians to attempt to question them about this important subject, or at least capture some of their machines/weapons to try to figure out how they work.
    Last edited by JDP; 07-Oct-2018 at 03:14 PM. Reason: ;

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    That movie was utter crap. One of his worst movies. The first one was way better.
    “Utter crap” seems a bit extreme, doesn’t it? You can by all means dislike the film, but surely there are at least a few identifiable redeeming features that would keep it from being at the bottom of the barrel?

As I mentioned earlier, I personally think it’s such a different type of film that it’s almost unfair to compare it with the first. The original is a real, gritty horror film, whereas part two is a sort of self-aware dark comedy. Come to think of it.....it’s never even felt like a sequel to me. I see it as more of a creepshow-type “fun being scared” romp, just set in the Texas Chainsaw world. It could also be like Joe Dante’s Gremlins 2: The New Batch compared with the original.
    Last edited by bassman; 07-Oct-2018 at 01:32 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    Plotless, dull and pointless. I'm never watching this again and I wish I hadn't in the first place.

A Lizard in a Woman's Skin
    I like this a lot more on revisiting. Great sets, fashion and performances. I like the intrigue and the gallery of rogues.

Don't Torture a Duckling
    Excellent giallo, one of the very best. I remember not being that blown away the first time around, but it's really a film that grows on you. Some scenes are extraordinary.

They Have Changed their Faces
    Weird italian horror from 1971 about a worker who gets summoned to the company owners villa in the mountains. The villa lies in a mistveiled parkland, which is guarded by small white cars that drive around. It's really weird, but moody.

Justice League
    Not as bad as I expected it to be (but still horrible).

Devil Fish / Monster Shark
    Lamberto Bava directs a film about a sharkmonsterthingy that eats people. Not that great.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Lifeforce
    I first saw this flick just a couple months ago, which I believe I’d discussed here. Even with all its flaws, this flick has a really strange draw to it. The effects are oddly well done, the acting is adequate, the cinematography is quite gorgeous, and it’s a fun time. Probably the second best out of the three films Tobe Hooper made for Cannon Films(the other two follow). 7/10

I must re-watch Lifeforce again some time. I've got the Arrow Video Blu-Ray which has both versions on it, and IIRC I saw the longer cut, and judging by the differences I saw written up online, that's the overall better cut of the movie. Naturally, Matilda May steals a lot of the attention for obvious reasons, but the film is hugely entertaining with it's full bore bonkers vibe. It throws so much madness at the screen and so many awesome practical and photographic effects, that it's like a poster child for 80s excess in the best way. Tons of atmosphere and weirdness. Lots of fun.

TCM2 - I love that flick! I also love the original, and I'm glad that Hooper went in a totally different direction for the sequel - because he'd already done the perfect version of TCM with the original movie, and being 12 years onwards, it made sense to go with a different vibe. The world had changed around the franchise, so TCM2 is like the perfect 1980s chainsaw movie, if that makes sense? Again, hugely entertaining, so iconic with its characters and dialogue, and ... yeah, just so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Close Encounters of the Third Kind
    Plotless, dull and pointless. I'm never watching this again and I wish I hadn't in the first place.

Don't Torture a Duckling
    Excellent giallo, one of the very best. I remember not being that blown away the first time around, but it's really a film that grows on you. Some scenes are extraordinary.
    1) Now that I'm quite surprised to hear!

2) Yep, one of Fulci's best, and a prime example of Italian giallo. Arguably it's the giallo to use as an example of the North/South, Rich/Poor divide of Italian society at the time, not to mention the past/present conflict as the old small town ways are cut through with the modern concrete structure of that motorway scything its way through the beautiful countryside (the holidaymakers blithely driving onwards to their happy holidays as a tortured woman dies by the side of the road is starkly moving). There's lots of layers and context to this one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I’m also quite surprised with the hot take on Close Encounters!

It’s in my top ten Spielberg flicks, for sure. Maybe even top five.