Page 140 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2589

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Administrator

England
    IP Man - An above average martial arts flick. Good fight sequences and some above average characters

Terrible trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmkvuHpfrkk
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Beastie Boys Story

A Spike Jonz “Live” documentary with surviving members AdRock and Mike D taking the stage to tell their history, along with BTS footage and audio from the late Adam Yauch(MCA). Even if you’re not a huge fan of the historic band, it’s a fantastically entertaining documentary. I actually went back and watched it twice. Highly recommended!

The only caveat is that it’s on Apple TV, which virtually nobody has a subscription for, so you may have to catch it elsewhere.
    Last edited by bassman; 30-May-2020 at 10:09 AM. Reason: .

Great Britain
    YFW on Netflix

Its a grindhouse version of assault on Precinct 13 set in a Bar with Stephen Lang.

Set in best as I could tell in an alternate present with drug gangs ruling the streets, Stephen lang owns a Bar with his Vietnam Veteran friends played by some great old school actors William Sadler, Fred Williamson, Martin Kove, David Patrick Kelly and even George Wendt from cheers, end up trap in a bar by the evil druglord and his minions chasing after a girl that stole his Drugs and are backed up with a young solider too just back from the war.

The Gore is over top, the acting from the old guys is good, sadly the young cast is pretty average.

Its a probably a 5 to 6 out of ten, I enjoy the old cast very much and am a big fan of Stephen Lang Which brings up the score a bit for me.
    Last edited by paranoid101; 12-Jun-2020 at 02:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    YFW on Netflix

Its a grindhouse version of assault on Precinct 13 set in a Bar with Stephen Lang.

Set in best as I could tell in an alternate present with drug gangs ruling the streets, Stephen lang owns a Bar with his Vietnam Veteran friends played by some great old school actors William Sadler, Fred Williamson, Martin Kove, David Patrick Kelly and even George Wendt from cheers, end up trap in a bar by the evil druglord and his minions chasing after a girl that stole his Drugs and are backed up with a young solider too just back from the war.

The Gore is over top, the acting from the old guys is good, sadly the young cast is pretty average.

Its a probably a 5 to 6 out of ten, I enjoy the old cast very much and am a big fan of Stephen Lang Which brings up the score a bit for me.
    I saw this one the other day as well - I thought it was pretty solid, a good 6.5 or 7 out of 10. It's a throwback 'tough guys vs criminals' type of movie. Kept me entertained and distracted (something which is all the more appreciated for 90 minutes at the moment, I must say). Sometimes it's a bit too dark to always see what's going on. Definitely worth watching for exploitation/grindhouse movie fans.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I recently finished the second season of What We Do In The Shadows. I absolutely love Waititi and Clement’s original film, so I was quite skeptical on the tv adaptation when it premiered, but it’s slowly earned it’s own way and the second season feels like it knows what it needs to be now. Matt Berry steals the show as Laszlo. Virtually every word out of that guys mouth has me howling.

If you’ve seen the movie, I highly recommend the show. If you haven’t seen the movie, sort your life out.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I recently finished the second season of What We Do In The Shadows. I absolutely love Waititi and Clement’s original film, so I was quite skeptical on the tv adaptation when it premiered, but it’s slowly earned it’s own way and the second season feels like it knows what it needs to be now. Matt Berry steals the show as Laszlo. Virtually every word out of that guys mouth has me howling.

If you’ve seen the movie, I highly recommend the show. If you haven’t seen the movie, sort your life out.
    I'm a big fan of WWDITS (movie and show). I felt like season two kinda tapered off a bit towards the end, lacking a little bit of the spark that the first half of season two had (e.g. the episode where the vampires get one of those 'send this to 10 people' emails). There's so many good little ideas and observations throughout, and little things that the actors find to just give a line a certain inflection, or even just a look ... it works really well.

Obviously it's a bit of a weird time for me and my family at the moment (Dad had a stroke and is currently in the hospital), but I have been able to escape a little bit with shows like this one, and you can get transported for the running time and get a little laugh and some entertainment to keep your spirits up.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I’m glad to hear it provides a bit of relief! Still thinking about you and your family, wishing you the best!

The Invisible Man(2020)

THIS is how you reboot the classic Universal Monsters! Okay, well, maybe not this exact formula for ALL of them obviously, but in this case, it works fantastically well. Leigh Whannel(Saw, Upgrade) writes and directs this “modern reimagining”, I suppose they would call it. I don’t want to say too much as to avoid accidental spoilers, but he found a fantastic entry point to the material with some ingenious cinematography that keeps it fresh throughout. This isn’t Tom Cruise’s Mummy. At all. It’s a very tight nail biter that has plenty of shocks and surprises up it’s sleeve.

If Blumhouse and Universal can keep this same spark of light shining through their other classic monster remakes, they may be able to successfully achieve some version of their “Dark Universe” that flopped with The Mummy. Highly recommended, folks!

Rising

United States
    A Serial Killer's Guide to Life (2019): pretty funny and well done British dark comedy little film about a woman who is obsessed with "self-improvement" programs/therapies/gurus and (unwittingly at first) ends up joining a serial killer who specializes in exterminating "self-help/improvement" gurus in a road trip. However...

...I have seen many people interpret the vague and unclear ending as meaning that Val never existed, it was just Lou all the time, as if Val was a personification of Lou's "evil side", or something to that effect. The problem with this interpretation is that pretty much all through the movie we see plenty of references to the two women, not just one, by the other characters involved in the story. It's just too difficult to swallow that Lou and Val could be the same person. I have a more logical interpretation of the vague and unclear ending: Val did not die, contrary to what we are more or less led to believe a few scenes earlier (when she apparently stops breathing); she left before the cops arrived and only find Lou still alive laying on the ground. It is the only choice that makes sense when you consider all the characters who interact with both women and explicitly refer to them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Cleaning Up The Town: Remembering Ghostbusters

If you’re into comprehensive making-of documentaries, this one is a must! Made by the same team that made Beware The Moon: Remembering An American Werewolf in London many years back. If you’ve seen that one, you know that they turn over every stone imaginable. As most here know, Ghostbusters is my favorite film of all time and I’d thought I knew everything about it, but this doc proved me wrong!

Taking my love for GB out of it, it’s an incredibly entertaining watch. Anybody that enjoys these types of extensive BTS docs will love it. Currently free to watch on the free Crackle service in the US.

Super Moderator

UK
    Bad Education
    Hugh Jackman heads up a quality cast in this drama with a hint of humour about embezzlement at a Long Island school. It sounds like it could be kinda dull, but it's actually a nice little treat with some good character work and performances. I got quite wrapped up in it.

IT: Chapter Two
    The first one was better. There's an awful lot of silly CGI in this one that's simply not scary - just weird - (e.g. the old lady monster), and the pacing is a bit off as well. It's quite a long film and the flashbacks with the kids never really feel all that revelatory for most of them. It's certainly not bad, but it's a decided step down from the previous movie, and it isn't helped by some occasional tonal clashes which prove to be a bit jarring while also working against tension.

Being Attacked

United States
    I've just seen the Travelers. It's a show about these Travelers from the future coming back to the 21st century to prevent the world war that puts the world in shambles. They are dictated by a super sentient computer.
    A little bit of it reminds me of Xenogears. Especially the aspect of the sentient super computer who is basically playing God.

Rising

United States
    Deathsport (1978): David Carradine and Richard Lynch are billed as the stars of this weird sci-fi action romp, but the real star of the show is none other than special effects and pyrotechnics veteran Roger George. This movie features some of the coolest explosions captured on film (though don't expect all of them to actually make sense; often you will be left wondering: "why the hell did that just explode???") There's no CGI, blue screens or small-scale models here, this was all done the old-fashioned, dangerous, real-life stunts way, and it looks friggin' fantastic, as it should be expected. You can tell that the largest part of the movie's budget was not spent on developing a more coherent plot, or polishing up the dialogue, or getting the actors to perform at their best, etc., no, it was obviously invested in EXPLOSIONS (Roger George is in fact simply credited in this movie as... "EXPLOSIVES", LOL! Not even "pyrotechnics", but "EXPLOSIVES"... How fucking bad ass is that!) One of the movie's highlights: watch a "Death Machine" motorcycle crash, explode, fly straight up through the air tumbling while engulfed in flames, then crash down on the ground breaking to pieces. No CGI or small-scale model bullshit, this was all done with a real bike, real explosives, real gasoline and real (carefully disguised) cables. Poetry in motion! You will be pushing the rewind button to watch some of these explosion scenes over and over.

Administrator

England
    Ad Astra (2019) - Clunky (at times lazy) scifi thinking it's far more than it is... 6/10...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    The Equalizer (2014) - Strangely enjoyable if at times clunky... 7/10
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Upgrade, Its finally on UK Netflix, I love this movie its 10/10 for me.