Page 148 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2589

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    OMG! That was bad!

Never did work out why she couldn't find a top to put on!

Because reasons, alright?

It's funny with so-bad-they're-good movies, sometimes you'll stick one on and you just can't stand it and bail quick, others you just end up really enjoying (like The Warrior & The Sorceress or Deathstalker).

Ireland
    Because tits, I think you'll find.

The thing about all these sword and sorcery films, is that there's 'Conan the Barbarian' and then everything else way, way, waaaaay below it, including 'Conan the Destroyer'. So going into any of them with low expectations is an absolute must if you're going to get anything out of them.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Because tits, I think you'll find.

The thing about all these sword and sorcery films, is that there's 'Conan the Barbarian' and then everything else way, way, waaaaay below it, including 'Conan the Destroyer'. So going into any of them with low expectations is an absolute must if you're going to get anything out of them.
    Hey, don't knock Ironmaster.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Hey, don't knock Ironmaster.
    Not seen that one. Any good?

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Not seen that one. Any good?
    Don't do it.

You'll be back on here tomorrow with your shame in your hands.

Super Moderator

UK
    Don't do it.

You'll be back on here tomorrow with your shame in your hands.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    I watched this while I was recovering. It's one of those Italian "Merchants and Purveyors of Fine Trash, 1st Class" films. It's one of about 10 or 12 films that came out in the early 80s in the wake of Conan. Some, like Beastmaster and Sword and the Sorcerer are kinda entertaining. Others, like this flick, are sheer trash. This film is still better than most in the D-level Sword and Sorcery genre. Lots of flesh and a plot as flimsy as the clothing on most of the females.
    Dragonslayer and The Beastmaster are two very different cases than those other movies, though. Neither one was trying ride on Conan's "wave". The Beastmaster was already in production in 1981, months before Conan The Barbarian was released in May of 1982, and Disney's Dragonslayer had in fact already been released in June of 1981, quite before Conan. These three are in fact the best of all those movies that came out during the "sword & sorcery" genre fever of the 1980s. Conan is the darkest, grittiest, most violent and graphic of them all. Dragonslayer is also surprisingly dark, gritty and even graphic & violent for a Disney film. This movie caused quite a bit of a stir for Disney fans back in the day, who went to the movie theaters expecting something entirely different (they were expecting basically a typical Disney film but with real actors and locations instead of animations. But what they got was a world with flesh-eating fire-breathing dragons, virgin maiden sacrifices, gender-bending, skinny dipping, stabbings, decapitations, incinerations [both of dead as well as living people], etc.)

Administrator

England
    I've seen the first two Deathstalker movies, which I enjoyed ...
    Curse you MZ! I've just watched (endured) the first one... Do I need to see the second now?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Man... I gotta see Dragonslayer.

Super Moderator

UK
    Curse you MZ! I've just watched (endured) the first one... Do I need to see the second now?

Yes.

At least for the fun of spotting footage from the first one. And for Monique Gabrielle. And the buff dude from Chopping Mall, who has a distinctly non-sword-&-sorcery accent ... sounds like he just rolled in from Hollywood Blvd. five minutes ago and nipped into costume.

It's cheap and tacky and directed by Jim Wynorski, so, you know, worth a watch...

As an aside, IIRC, in the first movie, the dude's side-kick who he meets up with was played by Richard Brooker - who played Jason in F13th part 3.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 23-Dec-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Administrator

England

Yes.

At least for the fun of spotting footage from the first one. And for Monique Gabrielle. And the buff dude from Chopping Mall, who has a distinctly non-sword-&-sorcery accent ... sounds like he just rolled in from Hollywood Blvd. five minutes ago and nipped into costume.

It's cheap and tacky and directed by Jim Wynorski, so, you know, worth a watch...

As an aside, IIRC, in the first movie, the dude's side-kick who he meets up with was played by Richard Brooker - who played Jason in F13th part 3.

*fingers in ears*
    No no! Naaaaah Naahhhhhhhh! No! Won't...

Ok...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    'Avengers Infinity War'

It may have been the 5 pints of Guinness I had before hand, but I hadn't a feckin clue what was going on in that movie.

Super Moderator

UK
    In Search Of Darkness

Technically I've still got half an hour to go (in this 4.5 hour documentary monster), but I'm enjoying it - an examination, or well, a swift run-through of some of the highlights of the 1980s decade of horror. Each movie is only discussed quickly, but overall it really does give you a grand scale idea of just how amazing the decade was for horror. There's a sequel coming, apparently - there's just that many movies! It's on Shudder.

'Avengers Infinity War'

It may have been the 5 pints of Guinness I had before hand, but I hadn't a feckin clue what was going on in that movie.

Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Dec-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Ireland
    That's a disturbingly accurate depiction of me last night.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    OMG! That was bad!

Never did work out why she couldn't find a top to put on!
    Because, you silly British man, her boobs were the only interesting thing in the movie. What the feck is wrong with you????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Dragonslayer and The Beastmaster are two very different cases than those other movies, though. Neither one was trying ride on Conan's "wave". The Beastmaster was already in production in 1981, months before Conan The Barbarian was released in May of 1982, and Disney's Dragonslayer had in fact already been released in June of 1981, quite before Conan. These three are in fact the best of all those movies that came out during the "sword & sorcery" genre fever of the 1980s. Conan is the darkest, grittiest, most violent and graphic of them all. Dragonslayer is also surprisingly dark, gritty and even graphic & violent for a Disney film. This movie caused quite a bit of a stir for Disney fans back in the day, who went to the movie theaters expecting something entirely different (they were expecting basically a typical Disney film but with real actors and locations instead of animations. But what they got was a world with flesh-eating fire-breathing dragons, virgin maiden sacrifices, gender-bending, skinny dipping, stabbings, decapitations, incinerations [both of dead as well as living people], etc.)
    Granted. I was speaking more of Ator: The Fighting Eagle and all of these Italian/Spanish boobs out movies. Beastmaster is a really enjoyable movie as far as I'm concerned. I saw it in theatres back then and still find it watchable on a summer Saturday afternoon. The Reds still get my Sunday afternoons, to go WAY off topic. Baseball over the radio on a lazy Sunday in July or August is a really nice time out from reality.
    Last edited by Mike70; 25-Dec-2020 at 01:52 AM. Reason: boobs called
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."