Page 161 of 173 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2589

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I had Red Notice in my queue, only half-interested initially, but then I saw a review or two and it sounded like the most dull load of old bits stolen from other better films ... so I took that shit right off the queue. Plenty of stuff to watch.

1917, on the other hand - cracking film!
    Red Notice is such a plastic film. It all feels so exact in it's design and nothing flows naturally. None of the three leads are really acting, they're just being themselves. It makes me so detached from them when Ryan Reynolds is constantly quipping and never, ever seems to be bothered that his or others lives are at stake.

The plot, with it's five or six doublecrosses are ridiculous as well. Now that I think about it, there's even like a "final" double cross that doesn't even make sense. Like "Why would you even make the effort to double cross that guy? You gained nothing from it?"

Somebody jokingly said; It's like a film designed by Netflix algorithms and I'd agree with that statement, with the added description of the script itself being taken from a video game. It has the same complexity of your average adventure console platformer. That includes the dialogue, by the way. Probably hit the target audience right on it's head though.

One final note, it's damn ugly. Not even the shots which I assume are real appear to be real. One scene takes place in a bullfighting arena in Madrid. It looks like it's taking place in front of green screens, with the crowd and stands added in afterwards... Why would you do that? Why?
    That of course get's even worse in the action scenes. A car chase in the end makes the Indiana Jones 4 car chase look as authentic as the Ben Hur chariot race by comparison.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 15-Nov-2021 at 05:08 PM. Reason: fdsfd

Ireland
    [QUOTE=MinionZombie;328693]

1917, on the other hand - cracking film!
    /QUOTE]

It is...if you ignore the fact that they could have just flown the message over to the trench and saved a lot of time and the fat lads life.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    It is...if you ignore the fact that they could have just flown the message over to the trench and saved a lot of time and the fat lads life.
    Fuel crisis.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 15-Nov-2021 at 09:18 PM. Reason: dsffds

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    You've not seen The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi? Wow!
    Nope. Not yet. I have them on VHS and DVD, though. I'm sure I will watch them someday.

The original was good, and I'm sure the effects were impressive in their day, but again, just not super interesting to me personally. Maybe if I grew up watching movies like that it would be different, but except for seeing parts of it on TV, I didn't sit down and watch it until I was well into my 20s.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    Nope. Not yet. I have them on VHS and DVD, though. I'm sure I will watch them someday.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post

The original was good, and I'm sure the effects were impressive in their day, but again, just not super interesting to me personally. Maybe if I grew up watching movies like that it would be different, but except for seeing parts of it on TV, I didn't sit down and watch it until I was well into my 20s.
    Empire Strikes Back was my least favourite of the three as a kid. But has improved with (my) age...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Empire Strikes Back was my least favourite of the three as a kid. But has improved with (my) age...
    I always found Return of the Jedi to be the weakest entry in the trilogy for one reason only: the infamous Ewoks. This was an obvious attempt to cater to younger audiences by introducing these "cute" silly little muppets. The rest of the film is great, though. Jabba's Palace and the final confrontation with the Emperor sequences are dark and gritty, the way Star Wars should be. The anti-gravity bike chase sequences (minus the eventual appearance of the silly Ewoks) in the forest were also great.

Great Britain
    Doctor Sleep Directors cut Amazon Prime

I found this film wonderful, never got bored with its 3 hour run time, acting and cast are fantastic.

9/10 really good

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Doctor Sleep Directors cut Amazon Prime

I found this film wonderful, never got bored with its 3 hour run time, acting and cast are fantastic.

9/10 really good
    Did you see the original theatrical cut? How does the director's cut compare?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    Did you see the original theatrical cut? How does the director's cut compare?
    No I just watched the Directors cut, but both versions are on Amazon Prime, I had seen mixed reviews for the movie, but I found it great.

Heres a link to the differences in the Directors version https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5606664...ef_=tt_trv_alt

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    No I just watched the Directors cut, but both versions are on Amazon Prime, I had seen mixed reviews for the movie, but I found it great.

Heres a link to the differences in the Directors version https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5606664...ef_=tt_trv_alt
    I saw it at the cinema and have the DC version ready to watch. I won't go thru the list of differences as I'd like to go in blind to it
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I saw it at the cinema and have the DC version ready to watch. I won't go thru the list of differences as I'd like to go in blind to it
    There are some pretty major differences. I’ve seen both and the DC is by far my favorite of the two.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I remember liking it a lot. Can't remember which I watched, but probably the theatrical cut.

Super Moderator

UK
    I've only seen the DC of Doctor Sleep, but it was great. Get on it, Neil!

The Marksman
    Liam Neeson is a down on his luck farmer on the Mexico border who gets embroiled in Cartel-related drama when a mother and son cross the border into his land. Tasked with taking the boy to his family in Chicago to save his life, it's a lowkey action road trip movie where Neeson occasionally fires a gun and punches someone. It's not great, but it's not bad either. Certainly a hell of a lot better than that fucking bullshit ice trucker movie he did recently.

- - - Updated - - -

I've also been re-watching all the Rambo movies as well (except for #5 as I can't find it on any of my services, but did see it last year).

Anyway - my ranking of all five flicks would be:

1 - such a great film.
    4 - awesome and brutal action. I remember being blown away in the cinema watching this. The sound system had the .50 cal shots thumping into your chest!
    2 - I'd only seen it once before a long time ago, and this was better than I remember it being. It's an interesting part of that 1980s 'America re-does the Vietnam war via movies' vibe that was going on.
    3 - while some elements haven't aged at all well, it's a pretty slick action fest and I did enjoy that Rambo and the Colonel got more screen time together.
    5 - I remember being quite disappointed with this one. #4 ended the whole thing perfectly, and #5 felt really pointless, not to mention too slow with not enough pay-off to justify the whole endeavour.

Great Britain
    Venom Let there be Carnage

The film for me was just average, Best thing about is Tom Hardy dual role as venom and Eddie, I think Carnage was miscast with Woody Harrelson he felt too old for the part, I would have cast someone younger, no sure who.

So film might be a bit better than the first one, bur still feels behind most MCU movies for some reason.

6/10