Page 164 of 173 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2589

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Great Britain
    Eternals

Not even close to as bad as people made out, I will admit its not your usual Marvel Movie it is more thoughtful than the other MCU offering and less action focused, its good to see Marvel not just poring out all the same stuff.

It reminds me of The Last Jedi ( I like the Last Jedi better then the Force awakens and Rise of Skywalker) where the universe goes a different way than the norm and of course some people hated it because of this, both Last Jedi and Eternals have their flaws but both are no way as bad as some say.

7/10

Administrator

England
    Red Notice - A simple but fun heist movie with Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds & Gal Gadot. Plot is average, but the chemisty and dialog is fun.

Pretty good fun watch - 7.5/10.

- - - Updated - - -

The Gentlemen - Guy Ritchie

A generally very good Guy Ritchie gangster affair. Pretty much ticks all the boxes it can TBH.

9/10
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Great Britain
    No Time to Die

Finally got round to seeing Danial Craig last Bone movie and yep I really enjoyed it, nice ending to Craig reign which he was very good as Bond, their was a few average Movies (looking at you Quantum of Solace) But over all a great reboot.

Anyway on to No Time to Die out with the some of the flaws, I thought it was a little long could have trimmed 15 to 30 minutes off the runtime, would have like more Christoph Waltz and sadly for me Rami Malek wasn't a great end boss for me, hes a fantastic actor but not a great Bond Villain.

Pluses from the film, even long I wasn't ever bored, some fantastic set pieces, Craig was great as normal as well as the others like M, Moneypenny and Q, the new 007 actress was really good, but Ana de Armas was fantastic in her small part (stunningly Beautiful My Wife agrees lol) I hope she appears in the new movies when they reboot again.

It was good ending to this Bond movies will miss Craig in the part and I still laugh at the uproar in the tabloids when he was cast.

8/10

Ps For me if the go with a Woman, person of colour for the next 007 as long as the films as good I don't have any problems with this, But for me I think Henry Cavill would be my choice.
    Last edited by paranoid101; 16-Jan-2022 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Administrator

England
    Nobody - John Wick 2.0 basically... A good fun watch. 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Ps For me if the go with a Woman, person of colour for the next 007 as long as the films as good I don't have any problems with this, But for me I think Henry Cavill would be my choice.
    Cavill could be interesting... Not sure he'd want to take the role on though TBH.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The Gentlemen - Guy Ritchie

A generally very good Guy Ritchie gangster affair. Pretty much ticks all the boxes it can TBH.

9/10
    I gave it a second viewing when it rolled around onto Netflix this month because I enjoyed it so much. Really good fun. Hell, Hugh Grant (playing the sleazy reporter) is having a boat load of fun just on his own!

No Time to Die

For me if the go with a Woman, person of colour for the next 007 as long as the films as good I don't have any problems with this, But for me I think Henry Cavill would be my choice.
    There's no point in making Bond a woman, that'd be like making Wonder Woman a man - it just ain't the character and it'd be stupid pandering bullshit that's an insult to everyone. Come up with a new character who just so happens to be female.

Indeed, Ana de Armas worked really well in NTTD (perhaps there could be some sort of spin-off made for her character - IIRC there's a deal in-place with Amazon to make Bond/007-related side projects), but then also thinking outside of Bond - why do we still not have a sequel to Atomic Blonde? That movie was fucking awesome.

Cavill, yeah, he would do a cracking job of it, I'm sure - but would he do it? Is he still connected to Superman? Would The Witcher preclude him from such a big project?

Nobody - John Wick 2.0 basically... A good fun watch. 8/10
    Loved "Nobody". I've watched it a couple of times now and it's so much fun and so brisk and efficient in its storytelling. Loved seeing Christopher Lloyd toting a multitude of shotguns, too!

Super Moderator

UK
    Pig
    What a pretentious, plodding, self-serious load of old twaddle. I've no idea why this has garnered so much praise from audiences and critics alike. It's 88 minutes, but moves like a snail on qualudes, and it was described as a "thrilling drama" ... ... thrilling?! Are you high?

Cage's performance was good, and the film looked great, but it was so fucking serious about what is essentially an exploitation movie pitch (a man goes searching for his kidnapped pig), but without any of the fun that the concept potentially has. It's so sullen and drudges along that I never found anything to give a shit about (we don't even spend enough time with Cage and the pig together in order to properly invest in that either).

Administrator

England
    Maybe better to watch "Willy's Wonderland" then?

How did he manage to learn all that dialogue!?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Maybe better to watch "Willy's Wonderland" then?

How did he manage to learn all that dialogue!?
    Already did.

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2021/08...ewis-2021.html

Bit of a let down as well. Some good stuff, and it was fun, but he was a 'Gary Sue' through the whole flick so there was no tension whatsoever.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Finally saw Nobody. It was fun, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as others. If anything, it’s Odenkirk’s charisma that carries the movie, but it doesn’t really take it over an average rating. I hope he gets more leading roles, because I’ve always like him, but I don’t know if this is the right type of role.

Great Britain
    Ghostbusters Afterlife

It was alright 6.5/10

Ireland
    'The Silence of the Lambs'

Sublime

'Game of Death'

Ridiculous
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    'Game of Death'

Ridiculous
    The 1978 one? It was hilarious. It came out right smack in the middle of the "Bruceploitation" genre boom, which gave us such other hilarious "gems" as the pseudobiographical Bruce Lee: The Man, the Myth, the even more pseudobiographical Bruce Lee Secret (sic! Yes, the title is written just like that, you gotta fucking love it!), the very aptly titled The Clones of Bruce Lee, the rather inaptly titled Ninja vs Bruce Lee, etc.

Curiously enough, one of the best things to come out of the "Bruceploitation" genre was not actually a movie, but a video game, Datasoft's 1984 classic platformer:

Still sealed copies of this game have become collector's items and sell for several hundred dollars now. I have two of them.
    Last edited by JDP; 23-Jan-2022 at 05:45 PM. Reason: -

Super Moderator

UK
    Gone In Sixty Seconds (1974):
    Figured I'd give this one a watch and see what the fuss was about. Well, for the first 55 minutes I was struggling to see why it has any reputation at all, because the storytelling is abysmal - no idea who anyone is (not helped by the constant use of wigs and fake moustaches), why they're doing what they're doing, and it's all quite sloppy (the first chase is basically pitch black with a few headlights zipping about). However, once it gets to that final chase - then I saw why it has such a reputation. Real cars going real fast and it just keeps going and going and going. I could've used fewer cutaways (e.g. why so much damn time spent on the 'Billy' car?, and so many 'vox pops' telling us what we've already seen), but yeah, that final 40 minutes is pretty damn epic ... shame about the first 55 minutes, which is such a mess. The major downside to the copy I watched, however, was the soundtrack - all the sound effects were new (and sounded like it) and the score was also a replacement and sounded totally out-of-time with the movie, so that sucked.

Con Air:
    I've seen this numerous times over the years, one of my favourite over-the-top 1990s action flicks. Funny watching it, though, because Cyrus 'The Virus' Grissom is supposed to be this total badass intelligent criminal, yet he's 39 years old and has spent TWENTY-FIVE of those years behind bars! Not exactly a criminal mastermind, then! It's also interesting to watch it as you'd never see a character like Johnny-23 (a serial rapist) as part of the cast now, and then there's the part where the audience is (briefly) led to believe that Garland Greene (a monstrous serial killer) has possibly slaughtered a little girl. R-rated flick, sure, but it's so odd now to see elements like that in a big budget action flick for large mainstream audiences. It's all about PG-13 super hero movies these days anyway. There were so many great large scale R-Rated action flicks in the 1990s...
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Jan-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Great Britain
    Hit Monkey Disney+

A pretty good Marvel comics adult animated series, funny and violent 7.5/10

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Copshop Amazon prime

Its a watchable action thriller going for that Smokin Aces vibe trying to be too cool for school, Gerard Butler player one of the Assassins trying to kill Frank Grillo inside of the County Jail where we find out the Difference between a professional and a psychopath, Theirs some good action scenes and I can say I was never bored, not a classic but not awful either.

I give it a solid 6/10 ish
    Last edited by paranoid101; 29-Jan-2022 at 05:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator

UK
    Copshop Amazon prime

Its a watchable action thriller going for that Smokin Aces vibe trying to be too cool for school, Gerard Butler player one of the Assassins trying to kill Frank Grillo inside of the County Jail where we find out the Difference between a professional and a psychopath, Theirs some good action scenes and I can say I was never bored, not a classic but not awful either.

I give it a solid 6/10 ish
    I just watched that today as well ... it has some moments, a few fun bits here and there, and some style ... but it was all a bit 'meh' for me, and ten or so minutes could have easily been pruned out of it as well. I found the second half dragged unnecessarily without enough pay-off to justify my tested patience. Still, there were some enjoyable characters and parts to the flick, but ultimately it did feel rather middling ... in fact I kinda thought to myself "did this movie really need to be made?" ... it ended up leaving me feeling like it's just one of many, many, many movies that scroll by somewhat anonymously on a streaming platform. We're certainly not talking Bruce Willis' latest output (those generic pay days he phones in so often these days) in terms of quality, definitely not, but I guess it was down to the pacing and the script ultimately. Not interesting enough. Stylish, some nice quirks, but a bit too 5/10.