Page 17 of 173 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Ireland
    No. Extremely hit and miss.

There's one good effort, 'Safe Haven', which could actually be expanded to form a decent feature length film, which is why it got a 5.

The rest are poor and there's some confusing elements involved in the main narrative that didn't really make any sense.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Oh! I thought it was supose to be pretty good!?
    I really rather enjoyed VHS 2. A decided improvement over the first movie.

It is true though that the 'wrap around story' still doesn't really make any sense. The individual stories were better though - I dug the flick, but it's not to everyone's liking. It was definitely more fun - and not so mean-spirited - as the first movie.

UK
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Administrator

England
    ^^ Rate the last movie you've seen?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Rate the last movie you've seen?
    Whoops haha, 8/10

- - - Updated - - -

1/10

- - - Updated - - -

7/10

Ireland
    'Jug Face'

6/10

'Burning Bright'

6/10
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Dawn of the Dead ('78): 11/10.

Or did you mean a movie I haven't already watched 20 times? In that case...

Haunter ('13, I believe): 7/10. It's a good ghost flick, that actually makes you think you have it all figured out from the get-go, but really you have no idea. Found it on Netflix (sorry if someone already did this one. I didn't get a chance to read every single post).

Super Moderator

UK
    The Hurt Locker - 8/10.

I'd already seen it a few years ago, but decided to revisit it last night. Still thoroughly gripping stuff, even thought the realism/movie line is blurred at times that can feel a tad curious, but it remains a very strong flick. Even though I knew what was going to happen I still found my fingers all tangled up together with tension.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Dawn of the Dead ('78): 11/10.

Or did you mean a movie I haven't already watched 20 times? In that case...

Haunter ('13, I believe): 7/10. It's a good ghost flick, that actually makes you think you have it all figured out from the get-go, but really you have no idea. Found it on Netflix (sorry if someone already did this one. I didn't get a chance to read every single post).
    And a well deserved 11/10 it is too!! My favourite film, seen it 100's of times!!

- - - Updated - - -

5/10

Administrator

England
    Enders Game - 5.5/10

This is a very average, pretty flat flick, which is really an epic shame given the book(s) it was based on - Enders Game and Enders Shadow. In reality this film felt like it rushed over so much material, and more importantly missed so much out, that ultimately you had not real care or consideration to the events & people being shown!

If you enjoy scifi even the slightest bit, read Ender's Game... If you enjoy that, read Ender's Shadow.

I'd suggest you give this flick a miss until they remake it properly.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK

5/10

- - - Updated - - -

Aka Flesheaters. Bill Hinzman (the original Night Of The Living Dead zombie) directs and stars in it. Its one of those 'so bad its good' films, the acting is just so bad but i loved it, 7/10

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    So I saw 'Splice' for the first time a couple days ago. If you haven't seen it already (It's like four years old, man! What's wrong with you?!), then you should, even with the sex scenes. Yeah, those were my least favorite bits, but 'Dren' (lazy name) is just adorable before she hits puberty... I don't want to spoil it too much, but I felt like the best part was the Fred versus 'Ginger' fight, and the opening shots with them. Such beautiful weird CG creatures! So, for all the pros and cons (there are several, but I don't have time to get into them now), I guess it's worthy of a 7.2 out of 10.

Is Sarah Polley in the remake of 'Dawn'? I'm too lazy to look it up right now...

Super Moderator

UK
    blind2d - yep, Sarah Polley's in the Dawn remake.

Fresh Meat

Aaland
    How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)

Nice one.

UK
    'Children Shouldn't play with dead things' 1972 ..... 6.5/10

220px-With_dead_things.jpg

Sky+ this off the horror channel a couple of month ago and strangely remembered watching it when I was about 10ish!! because of 'Uncle Orville' in it.
    It's one of those almost so bad it's good movies. (with some good actresses in it though - Valerie Mamches as the witch)

According to wikipedia, they were scheduled to do a remake of it in 2010 .... wondered what happened to that?

Oh and Despicable Me 2 is a good family watch - 8/10 ...... it's strange how those purple minions resemble my daughter having a tantrum!!!