Page 18 of 173 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

UK

5/10
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    'Jug Face'

6/10
    I really liked & disliked this one all at the same time. Very original & unusual, but at the same time, it felt sort of...pointless. Stuff happens, the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post

5/10
    ...I do not think this means what I think it means...compared to the films I'm used to...

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post

Aka Flesheaters. Bill Hinzman (the original Night Of The Living Dead zombie) directs and stars in it. Its one of those 'so bad its good' films, the acting is just so bad but i loved it, 7/10
    I love the film, even though it's terrible. Wonder how many titles it's been released under now? It's getting up there into "Zombi 2" aka "Zombie" territory.

Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    'Children Shouldn't play with dead things' 1972 ..... 6.5/10

Attachment 1331

Sky+ this off the horror channel a couple of month ago and strangely remembered watching it when I was about 10ish!! because of 'Uncle Orville' in it.
    It's one of those almost so bad it's good movies. (with some good actresses in it though - Valerie Mamches as the witch)

According to wikipedia, they were scheduled to do a remake of it in 2010 .... wondered what happened to that?
    Another one of my favorites. The remake never happened because co-writer/director Bob Clark (of "Porky's" & "A Christmas Story" fame) was killed in a car wreck.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 06-Sep-2014 at 04:23 AM. Reason: beer

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    I really liked & disliked this one all at the same time. Very original & unusual, but at the same time, it felt sort of...pointless. Stuff happens, the end.
    Yeh, I know what you mean Moon and it's certainly hit and miss, but I found a lot to like in it. Plus, it was made on a mickey mouse budget and still looks fantastic. It remains creepy throughout and the rural Appalachian setting is perfect. Also, I found myself wondering whether the lead actress (Lauren Ashley Carter) was attractive or repulsive.

I found it more entertaining than a lot of films made on budgets many, many times it's size.

And I just realised that the mother was played by Sean Young!
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

UK

8/10

7/10

- - - Updated - - -

6/10
    Last edited by Geordie9; 07-Sep-2014 at 09:29 PM. Reason: fcxfdgf

United States
    Yeh, I know what you mean Moon and it's certainly hit and miss, but I found a lot to like in it. Plus, it was made on a mickey mouse budget and still looks fantastic. It remains creepy throughout and the rural Appalachian setting is perfect. Also, I found myself wondering whether the lead actress (Lauren Ashley Carter) was attractive or repulsive.

I found it more entertaining than a lot of films made on budgets many, many times it's size.

And I just realised that the mother was played by Sean Young!
    Yeah...I liked a lot more about it than I disliked...it was well done, creative, & original. Just felt a little aimless. I'll be interested to see other films from this writer/director in the future.

Ireland
    'The Duellists'

8/10

'The Tall Man'

5/10

UK

6.5/10

- - - Updated - - -

7/10

- - - Updated - - -

6/10

Ireland
    'The Dead 2'

7/10

Undisclosed
    'The Dead 2'

7/10
    Stop the press! It's finally out? Whowhatwherehow?

Ireland
    Ummmm, well sort of.

I...em..."acquired" it.

As far as I know, it's being released properly on the 16th. I think Anchor Bay is putting it out.

TBH, 7/10 is probably a bit of a generous score. It certainly has it's flaws and it's no where near as good as the first effort.

UK
    Ive just watched The Dead 2. I thought it was pretty much the same as the 1st one but i enjoyed it just as much. Love the old style slow shambling zombies, much more atmospheric

Undisclosed
    Ummmm, well sort of.

I...em..."acquired" it.

As far as I know, it's being released properly on the 16th. I think Anchor Bay is putting it out.

TBH, 7/10 is probably a bit of a generous score. It certainly has it's flaws and it's no where near as good as the first effort.
    Damn. That's too bad. I loved the bleak and brutal nature of the first one.
    Trailers for the second made it seem more of the same, down to the overall story being a carbon copy: another road story, right?
    If so that's a shame. They should have kept the tone and written an entirely different story.

But first, let's see if I can lay my hands on a copy. (dons wooden peg and puts on eyepatch, har!)

Ireland
    Well, it's certainly bleak and there's a least one truly horrible scene in it that major producers would shy away from.

But, yes, it's basically a kind of a retread of the first film, with lesser acting. Not that the first film was any masterclass in that respect.

It's definitely worth being a scurvy dog and having a look.

At the end of the day it's an indie cheapie, so in that respect, it's easier to forgive its shortcomings. You'll know what they are when you see it.

UK

6/10

- - - Updated - - -

10/10

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Was scrounging around FiOS On Demand (yeah well, I've got cancer right now, so shh), and happened upon the 2008 British film 'The Devil's Chair'. It um... It pretty much sucks... The acting's bad, the editing/camerawork is annoying or boring at best and disorienting at worst, the gore effects are alright, but they just seem... There. Like the movie's saying 'Ooh, look, I'm a scary movie! Look at me! Ooh!' without creating any real sense of atmosphere or dread. I dunno, I'm spoiled on old stuff, but really I don't recommend this one to anyone. At least it was 'free'. Oh yeah, and the twist is obvious and dumb. So...
    'The Devil's Chair' gets a 2/10 from me. It's not 'Contagium', but it's really not any better...