Page 21 of 173 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Administrator

England
    The Equalizer. 6/10
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK

7/10
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Ireland
    'Horns'

5/10

- - - Updated - - -

'A Tale of Two Sisters'

5/10
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Ireland
    'A Good Marriage'

5/10

'The Omega Man'

3/10

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    'The Omega Man'

3/10
    Call for instant ban!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    +1!

Seriously though, I was being generous. I remember this film used to float around late nights on ITV, but I hadn't watched it properly in years. But, it's awful, even for the times and "The Family" are the most ineffectual bad antagonists ever. There's just too much bad going on, but hey, I have loads of films that I'm fond of from my youth, that if I were to watch fresh now, I'd completely rip on, *cough*'The Monster Club'*cough*.

I actually LoL'd at a couple of parts. During the opening, Chucky shoots at a shape in a window with his gun and inexplicably, the scenes' frames are speeded up, making it look really comical. There's also a part where he's looking out the window of his apartment and there's clearly a badly constructed set just beyond the window frame and during the scene where the family are running riot, they put an incredibly weak flame behind the "buildings". It's just so bad.

The first portion of the picture is good though. It just all falls apart when Anthony Zerbe and his Luddites turn up, plus Cleopatra Jones jive talking her way through the apocalypse...

Undisclosed
    Well,... all the negatives you just summed up make for some great late night viewing if you ask me. The film is at times so ridiculous you can't help but have fun with it.

Administrator

England
    +1!

Seriously though, I was being generous. I remember this film used to float around late nights on ITV, but I hadn't watched it properly in years. But, it's awful, even for the times and "The Family" are the most ineffectual bad antagonists ever. There's just too much bad going on, but hey, I have loads of films that I'm fond of from my youth, that if I were to watch fresh now, I'd completely rip on, *cough*'The Monster Club'*cough*.

I actually LoL'd at a couple of parts. During the opening, Chucky shoots at a shape in a window with his gun and inexplicably, the scenes' frames are speeded up, making it look really comical. There's also a part where he's looking out the window of his apartment and there's clearly a badly constructed set just beyond the window frame and during the scene where the family are running riot, they put an incredibly weak flame behind the "buildings". It's just so bad.

The first portion of the picture is good though. It just all falls apart when Anthony Zerbe and his Luddites turn up, plus Cleopatra Jones jive talking her way through the apocalypse...
    You're picking holes due to its shooting style from 40yrs ago?

It's like hating Jason And The Argonauts because the monsters are clunky like?
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Ah come on, 'Jason and the Argonauts' is ten years older and that actually still stands up today relatively well.

'The Omega Man' was just too...clunky...and it's not just the shooting style. The music is terrible too. It's like the Monkees did it.

Sorry, I just couldn't give it a pass.

Administrator

England
    Ah come on, 'Jason and the Argonauts' is ten years older and that actually still stands up today relatively well.

'The Omega Man' was just too...clunky...and it's not just the shooting style. The music is terrible too. It's like the Monkees did it.

Sorry, I just couldn't give it a pass.
    Argh! Banning isn't good enough! I'm going to come round your house and club you to death with a badger! Argh!!!!!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

Germany
    Much like a fine woman, shooteminthehead wouldn't know a fine movie if he tripped over it.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Well hey, I liked that film! Yeah it ain't y'know, Dawn level stuff, but it's alright. At least as good as that Will Smith vehicle with the vampires from 30 Days of Night in it.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Argh! Banning isn't good enough! I'm going to come round your house and club you to death with a badger! Argh!!!!!
    You and your crap 70's luddite "vampires" won't be able to get in. My gaff is locked down tight like Chucky's.

"Come out Shootem"

"Sadddap! Why the hell can't you leave me alone'

*cue shite music*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Much like a fine woman, shooteminthehead wouldn't know a fine movie if he tripped over it.
    The only women I've been tripping over have been the toothless hookers littering the streets of Dublin, lying in the gutters and not even bothering to look at the stars.

The Omega Man ---> made flesh:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Well hey, I liked that film! Yeah it ain't y'know, Dawn level stuff, but it's alright. At least as good as that Will Smith vehicle with the vampires from 30 Days of Night in it.
    I'd actually say it's better than that.

None of the "I am Legend" films come close to the book though.

'The Last Man on Earth' 5/10

'The Omega Man' 3/10

'Will Smith vs The CGI whatever's' 2/10 (and one of those points is for the dog who acted Smith off of the screen)

UK

8/10

- - - Updated - - -

6/10

- - - Updated - - -

8/10

- - - Updated - - -

5/10
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Undisclosed
    You and your crap 70's luddite "vampires" won't be able to get in. My gaff is locked down tight like Chucky's.

"Come out Shootem"

"Sadddap! Why the hell can't you leave me alone'

*cue shite music*

- - - Updated - - -

The only women I've been tripping over have been the toothless hookers littering the streets of Dublin, lying in the gutters and not even bothering to look at the stars.

The Omega Man ---> made flesh:

- - - Updated - - -

I'd actually say it's better than that.

None of the "I am Legend" films come close to the book though.

'The Last Man on Earth' 5/10

'The Omega Man' 3/10

'Will Smith vs The CGI whatever's' 2/10 (and one of those points is for the dog who acted Smith off of the screen)
    I'd actually give Will Smith vs Isolation 5/10, but once CGI vampires/zombies/infecteds/whatevers made the scene 2/10 sounds about right.

The Omega Man was just trashy fun, and Anthony Zerbe made the picture so much better. 4/10 for Anthony by himself.

The Last Man on Earth rocked! 7/10
    It was pretty faithful, but would alienate a lot of moviegoers these days because it's more about being alone than fighting vampires.
    It's too bad that Neville couldn't just be the every-man he was in the book( a civil engineer, I think.), because that's what made the reader identify with him. Imagine having to learn the science virtually from square one; how to use the basic equipment, know exactly what you're looking at through a microscope- etc. That's what really made it work for me. Otherwise it's just another action driven film.