Page 22 of 173 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Ireland
    Yeh, I'd agree with the Zerbe love. He elevated a lot of pictures by his mere presence. A great character actor and one of those faces from my childhood. An actor that always prompted a "Oh it's that guy".

The Fresh Prince OTOH will always just get a meh from me I'm afraid. I really just cannot get on with him, though the scenes of isolation in the first half of 'I Am legend' were ok. Mainly because the street scenes were shot so well.

Anyway....

'Trainspotting'

8/10
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

UK

7/10
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Ireland
    'Shallow Grave'

8/10

Super Moderator

UK
    Gone Girl

9/10

My opinion will solidify once it's out on Blu-Ray and I've been over it again. Can't really say anything about it without getting into spoiler territory in a big bad way, so if you've not read the book I'd recommend you just go and see it. David Fincher's firmly established winning streak continues!

I've not read the book, but I think I might after enjoying the film version so much.

United States

7/10 - Well acted slow burn sci-fi/horror thriller. Does a good job of connecting you with the characters, gets disturbing, & ultimately a bit of a downer.

5/10 - "Spooky" happenings in the unfriendly skies that ultimately lead nowhere & disappoint in the payoff.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 12-Oct-2014 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Gnome in Glacier

UK

7/10

United States

8/10 - What do numbers stations, CIA mind control experiments, & Hunter S. Thompson have in common? Watch this movie & find out!

Feels a little "Blair Witch-y" from being shot on handheld (even though it's NOT found footage), but decent little conspiracy/horror story, & Ted Levine (Jame Gumb from "Silence of the Lambs") is EXCELLENT in the "gonzo journalist" inspired role.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 12-Oct-2014 at 10:22 PM. Reason: There's something coming

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

8/10 - What do numbers stations, CIA mind control experiments, & Hunter S. Thompson have in common? Watch this movie & find out!

Feels a little "Blair Witch-y" from being shot on handheld (even though it's NOT found footage), but decent little conspiracy/horror story, & Ted Levine (Jame Gumb from "Silence of the Lambs") is EXCELLENT in the "gonzo journalist" inspired role.
    Nice! Numbers stations have always been a pet interest of mine, so this sounds right up my alley!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Scotland
    No Country for Old Men..... 8/10

Wolf Creek.... 7/10
    Come on Robin, to the Bat Cave! There's not a moment to lose!

UK

7/10

United States

"Piggy" 5/10 - S'aight. Nothing too special. Liked the actor in the lead. The rest was meh.

"The Appearing" 1/10 - 110% pure shit. Boring, bad acting, unentertaining, & religiously pretentious. Couldn't even finish the stinker.

"Skinwalker Ranch" 8/10 - I enjoyed this way more than I should have. Should probably only rate a 6 or 7, but I enjoyed it so much it gets the extra star or two. Found footage movie sure, but VERY WELL DONE found footage movie.

Like most of it's ilk, no real payoff in its unsatisfying ending, but solidly delivers enough goods throughout that it didn't really bother me. It's somewhat par for the course in the genre now. Interesting premise & story & enough spooky & original goings on that I liked it.

UK
    I really enjoyed that Piggy

- - - Updated - - -

6/10

United States
    Continuing a trend of stalking Geordie & watching movies he's already posted... () (I've seen so much stuff by now I'm looking everywhere for things that I haven't seen, & that I actually want to see!)

"The Canal" 6/10 - Decent-ish little thriller. Short on scares, plot wasn't too hard to figure out, but not bad. With my own history, the storyline with the family was a bit hard to watch, but, meh.

"After the Dark" 7/10 - Neat "what if?" of philosophy students picking who makes it into the shelter during a hypothetical nuclear holocaust, & a teacher playing mind games. Interesting visual storytelling, a few twists & turns in the plot, & some good performances by the leads made for an unexpectedly enjoyable & offbeat film.

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Continuing a trend of stalking Geordie & watching movies he's already posted... () (I've seen so much stuff by now I'm looking everywhere for things that I haven't seen, & that I actually want to see!)

"The Canal" 6/10 - Decent-ish little thriller. Short on scares, plot wasn't too hard to figure out, but not bad. With my own history, the storyline with the family was a bit hard to watch, but, meh.

"After the Dark" 7/10 - Neat "what if?" of philosophy students picking who makes it into the shelter during a hypothetical nuclear holocaust, & a teacher playing mind games. Interesting visual storytelling, a few twists & turns in the plot, & some good performances by the leads made for an unexpectedly enjoyable & offbeat film.
    Haha, I really enjoyed After The Dark, wasnt what i was expecting at all & the different scenarios were all good.

- - - Updated - - -

5/10

- - - Updated - - -

8/10

Ireland
    'The disappeared'

6/10