Page 26 of 173 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Administrator

England

8.5/10
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

Looking forward to seeing this one. Getting a bit of buzz lately.
    It was decent Moonie, but I have to agree with our Newcastle friend, the kid has to be one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen on film and he certainly has a negative impact on the whole show. Definitely worth a watch though, so don't be put off by that.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

UK

6/10

- - - Updated - - -

7/10
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

United States

"The Machine" 7/10 - More noir-ish & futuristic than I expected. GREAT retro synth soundtrack. "The Machine" 'herself' was great. Doesn't really break any new ground in terms of the classic trope of "what is life/what does it mean to be human", but does what it does well. Fits comfortably alongside "Blade Runner" or "The Terminator".

"House of Voices" aka "Saint Ange" 5/10 - Bog standard "spooky stuff happens in old place". Not scary, nor very interesting either.

UK

6/10

United States
    ^^^ I saw that one earlier this year. Not a bad little ghost flick with a couple of neat "twists". I might go 7/10 (Good).

"Mr. Jones" 6/10 (Ok) - "Blair Witch" meets the books of Carlos Castaneda. Not a bad little indie though with a neat angle.

"The Final" 6/10 (Ok) - "Saw" meets the Columbine massacre. Neat idea for a revenge flick, dull execution though.

"Toad Road" 6/10 (Ok) - Weird little indie shot very experimental cinema verite that touches on a real life urban legend about seven gates to Hell, but really is more of a youth drug subculture drama. Fairly compelling watch in any case.

"Satan's Little Helper" 8/10 (Great) - "Halloween" meets Batman & Robin. What if Michael Myers ended up with an unwitting boy sidekick on Halloween? That's basically the premise of this movie as a clueless kid thinks a Slasher is his favorite video game character. Said Slasher takes tot under his wing, & hijinks ensue.

Goofy and silly, doesn't have much gore &/or get too serious until half way through the 3rd act, but a hell of a lot of fun nonetheless. The Slasher ("Satan") is awesome & makes the move for me.

"Thale" 7/10 (Good) - Nice foreign film wherein two crime scene clean up guys discover a mythical being. Pretty fresh & original indie some great folklore elements.

UK

6/10

United States
    ^^^ Yeah, that one wasn't too bad for a disaster movie.

"The Road" (not to be confused with the other movie of the same name) 9/10 (Amazing) - A very cool foreign supernatural horror film from the Philippine's, told in a novel style of 3 chapters over 20 years, going backwards in increments of 10 years of each chapter. Highly recommended if you like supernatural horror.

United States
    Snowpiercer: Pretty good. Chris Evans on a train in the future giving it to the man.
    Also, recently saw Whitewash. Really liked it. Both on Netflix. Had to dig through a ton of shit, but occasionally find a few gems...

UK

6/10

United States

"Munger Road" 3/10 (Poor) - Unbearably dull movie that can't decide if it wan't to be a ghost, urban legend, or slasher movie, & settles for doing nothing instead, & leaves the viewer hanging with, I shit you not, a "To Be Continued" title card at the end! Not even the reliable Bruce Davidson can save this stinker.

UK

6/10

- - - Updated - - -

8/10

United States

"Jack the Reaper" 2/10 (Bad) - Awful wannabe slasher & a "twist" seen coming a mile away. A cameo by Tony Todd still couldn't save this stinker.

"The Maze" 8/10 (Great) - Starts a standard stalk-n-slash, albeit a well done one, but then takes a fairly clever twist in the 3rd act.

"Torment" 8/10 (Great) - Scary and tense home invasion/family under siege film that plays like "The Strangers" with a helping of "Wrong Turn". The always welcome Katherine Isabelle helps elevate an already great movie up a notch.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 19-Nov-2014 at 05:40 AM. Reason: .

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post

8/10
    The wife and I are just back from Paris and we went into the catacombs. It's a bizzare attraction to say the least. 1000's of skeletons down there. All once people with thoughts and lives, reduced to Grand Guignol for centuries.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

UK

6/10