Page 29 of 173 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

United States

"Dead End" (2003) 4/10 (Disappointing) - Bog standard "haunted road" movie with a "twist" plain as day in the first 5 min, leaving a frustrating hour & a half of characters I hated making themselves (& me) miserable before they finally did us all a favor & died.

"Novocaine" 7/10 (Good) - Steve Martin playing against type in a quirky, semi-noir-ish whodunnit. Good cast with Laura Dern, Helena Bonham Carter & Elias Koteas.

"The Perfect Host" 7/10 (Good) - For anyone who ever thought Dr. Niles Craine was one rejection from Daphnie away from going psychotic, you need to see this movie.

David Hyde-Pierce was a treat as the psycho serial killer with a dinner party full of imaginary friends, & Clayne Crawford channels Ray Liotta as the bank robber in a battle of wits with him. A lot of fun, I was set to give an "8" (Great) or "9" (Amazing), but a slightly preposterous 3rd act deflated the viewing experience slightly.

Ireland
    'Fury'

A very disapointing 3/10.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    The Monuments Men - 7/10

I quite enjoyed it. The tone is a little bit turbulent throughout, but I found it really quite interesting.

UK
    DUEL (1971 - Dennis Weaver)

Classic film in it's own right. Great suspense, acting, directing and very well shot.

You rarely see this on anywhere anymore.
    I happened across it when I was sorting through some old boxes & found my old Sony VHS recorder along
    with a bunch of unlabelled Maxell E240 tapes. This was on one recorded c.14yrs ago together with Return of the living dead Part 2!!! - some things never change!
    The grainy VHS quality gave it some extra atmosphere

Anyway, if you've not seen it, I wholeheartedly recommend it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    DUEL (1971 - Dennis Weaver)

Classic film in it's own right. Great suspense, acting, directing and very well shot.

You rarely see this on anywhere anymore.
    I happened across it when I was sorting through some old boxes & found my old Sony VHS recorder along
    with a bunch of unlabelled Maxell E240 tapes. This was on one recorded c.14yrs ago together with Return of the living dead Part 2!!! - some things never change!
    The grainy VHS quality gave it some extra atmosphere

Anyway, if you've not seen it, I wholeheartedly recommend it.
    Great film. I nabbed a DVD out of the $5 bin @ Wal-Mart a few years back now (though I had seen it on TV as a kid). Funny to see the accidental Spielberg cameo (you can see his reflection behind the camera in the glass of a phone booth in one scene). The truck in that movie is beyond boss. The licence plates on the bumper as "notches" or "trophies" is a nice touch. If they were to remake this film (and come to think of it, I'm surprised they haven't really) they should rebuild that thing right down to the last dust covered bolt.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The Monuments Men - 7/10

I quite enjoyed it. The tone is a little bit turbulent throughout, but I found it really quite interesting.
    You're joking.

I thought this was absolute rubbish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    If they were to remake this film (and come to think of it, I'm surprised they haven't really)
    SHAADAP MIMSEY!!

Don't listen to him Hollywood, he's mad.

Attachment 1353

- - - Updated - - -

'Slumdog Millionaire'

7/10
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    SHAADAP MIMSEY!!

Attachment 1353

SHUT YER NOISE YOU!!!

(Jus' sayin', in their mania to remake everything, it's amazing this one has dodged the bullet...)

Attached Images

Super Moderator

UK
    You're joking.

I thought this was absolute rubbish.

SHAADAP MIMSEY!!

Attachment 1353
    1) Not joking. I really enjoyed it.

2)

UK

6/10
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Administrator

England
    ^ Wow

An airplane exposed to radiation lands, and blood drinking zombies emerge armed with knives, guns and teeth! They go on a rampage slicing, dicing, and biting their way across the Italian countryside.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^ Wow
    It's a bad-shit crazy ass movie, make no mistake. Radioactive melty face psycho zombies on a rampage. Gotta love them Eye-talians.

UK
    It was quite a cheesy film with bad makeup but it kept me semi entertained for 90mins.

- - - Updated - - -

9/10
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

Super Moderator

UK
    Bad Santa - 10/10

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - 10/10

Night before last I got my Xmas season groove underway with a festive double bill. The latter is now a Christmas tradition for me (third year on the trot so far), and I hadn't seen the former in a while, but it's still just as laugh out loud hilarious as it ever was.

Casablanca - 10/10

I've seen this one a couple of times, but not in a good long while until last night, and I think I got even more out of it a few years down the line than compared to the last time I saw it. A stone cold classic of the highest order and, in my view, the most romantic movie ever made.

Yes, underneath all this obsession with horror movies and The Walking Dead, I'm a big old soft-hearted sentimentalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^ Wow
    It's a bad-shit crazy ass movie, make no mistake. Radioactive melty face psycho zombies on a rampage. Gotta love them Eye-talians.
    Yeah, Nightmare City is a pretty fun ride, although Umberto Lenzi has insisted they're not zombies.

Anyway, it's a typically Italian horror/action movie and really rather fun. I'm looking at the Blue Underground release on my shelf right now.

United States
    Yes, underneath all this obsession with horror movies and The Walking Dead, I'm a big old soft-hearted sentimentalist.
    Ya mushy old tart.

Yeah, Nightmare City is a pretty fun ride, although Umberto Lenzi has insisted they're not zombies..

Sorry. "28 Days Later" flashbacks.
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 02-Dec-2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK

Sorry. "28 Days Later" flashbacks.
    Also not a zombie movie.