Page 53 of 173 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

UK

8/10
    Get that damn screwdriver out of my head!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    This reminds me, I must give that ROTLD documentary a re-watch (a thoroughly good doc, highly recommended for all ROTLD fans.
    What documentary would that be? I'm a sucker for behind the scenes docs. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of RotLD, I'd still love to see an in-depth making-of. There's one on the American DVD that's maybe 20-30 minutes long, is that what you're referencing, or something more substantial?

Ireland
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks, fellas. That's a decent little documentary. Quite a bit of the "family and fun" cliche talk, but that's to be expected to some extent with all making-of's.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Thanks, fellas. That's a decent little documentary. Quite a bit of the "family and fun" cliche talk, but that's to be expected to some extent with all making-of's.
    True, but there was also a fair bit of candor from what I recall (certain cast members distinctly not getting along, albeit being somewhat coy/diplomatic about it on-camera). The folks who made that doc also did the excellent retrospectives for the Elm Street and Friday 13th series (Never Sleep Again, and Crystal Lake Memories - both of which are highly recommended viewing).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I caught Never Sleep Again on Netflix and it was really good. Close to four hours long, iirc!

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah, I caught Never Sleep Again on Netflix and it was really good. Close to four hours long, iirc!
    Yeah I think so, but then there are a shedload of Nightmare movies to crank through, haha! An excellent doc that made me appreciate the series more, although I still think parts 4 through 6 are a bit meh ... inventive in many ways, but not in the slightest bit scary, and increasingly silly ("Now I'm playing with power!") The story of those movies getting made is more interesting than those particular movies themselves. A fascinating documentary, so it was - another one I'll stick on the 're-watch' list.

UK

8/10

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The Monster Squad - another 80's classic from Fred Dekker(Night of the Creeps) and Shane Black(Predator, Lethal Weapon). Cheesy yet extremely fun. 8/10

UK

Eight strangers go into a locked room for clinical trials on a new drug that gives them superpowers.

7/10

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ......who made that doc also did the excellent retrospectives for the Elm Street and Friday 13th series (Never Sleep Again, and Crystal Lake Memories - both of which are highly recommended viewing).
    I've been searching for several days now and I can't seem to find Crystal Lake Memories. I was hoping it'd be on YouTube like the RotLD doc, but no such luck. I'm dying to see this thing, do one of you guys have a link for this one as well?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Circle 2015
    Fifty people are in a dark room standing in red circles and get to vote who dies every two minutes. props for concept, flops for stereotypes.
    4/5
    Last edited by Rottedfreak; 18-Oct-2015 at 10:38 AM. Reason: reason>>>>

Super Moderator

UK
    I've been searching for several days now and I can't seem to find Crystal Lake Memories. I was hoping it'd be on YouTube like the RotLD doc, but no such luck. I'm dying to see this thing, do one of you guys have a link for this one as well?
    I think you'll have to buy/rent it, old bean.

Well worth the cash, though, particularly if you dug Never Sleep Again and More Brains. I've got it on 4-disc Blu-Ray/DVD (essentially two copies of the doc, on two formats), but there should be cheaper options (Blu-Ray or DVD) out there now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The Babadook

A modern horror film that doesn't rely on jump scares or gore and creates a building sense of fear with a deeper, personal meaning. Highly recommended. Especially while its halloween season! 9/10

Administrator

England
    Got through a lot of films over the last week!

Snowpiercer - 8.5/10 - Shame about the last 20mins!

Law Abiding Citizen - 7.5/10

American Sniper - 8/10

The Purge - 7.5/10

The Hunger Games 2 - 8/10
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan