Page 64 of 173 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    It was missing a couple of milliseconds at the very beginning. It's a really bizzare flaw. I never gave a crap, but some people on the Cult Labs forum went into melt down, expecially after the misfire with 'The Beyond'.

Arrow offered to send out replacement discs to everyone. I'd say that between the problem with 'The Beyond' and 'Zombie Flesh Eaters', they lost a shit ton of shillings. These issues were only on the first run discs. But it's made me wary of being first in the queue for their releases, I have to say, even though I love what they do.

What's more annoying are the wankers that are watching these Asylum films and missing the point too. People laughing at 'Sharknado' and thinking they have a certain trash film cache are blissfully unaware of real trash superstars like '2019: After the Fall of New York' or 'Rats: Night of Terror'. I'll throw 'Zombie Creeping Flesh' in there for good measure too.

I agree with you, that those 70's/80's spaghetti exploitationers are a lot of fun, most of the time. But there are only a few that are really worth repeat viewings and a lot have some really dull parts in them too. There often more fun to talk about than to sit through.
    I think Arrow have their game together more now than a few years back, simply because they've been through the wringer on those small problems on a handful of releases back in the early 2010s. Aside from the problem with Shivers (the source print was cut, IIRC, and if you're not that familiar with the film you might have overlooked that aspect - or certainly wouldn't have been expecting it - but the video they uploaded showed exactly what the differences were).

As for that ZFE error, IIRC my copy is fine and dandy (I think I would have noticed those missing couple of seconds because of the cut from the music to the audio being so familiar) ... now though I'm all paranoid and will have to check, haha, but nah I think it'll be fine as I think it's a re-release.

haha - "2019: After the Fall of New York" is brilliantly cheesy from the rather evident model of a nuclear New York (the camera is evidently quite large next to the model - the dolly movement on a ratio to the scale of the model (versus what the reality would be) is all out of whack, haha!) to George Eastman as a sort of 'monkey man'. I've not seen Rats: Night of Terror, and I've still not got around to Zombie Creeping Flesh (but do have a copy downloaded from years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I'd like to say that the absolute worst film I've ever seen is probably a little "gem" called Zombie Lake. Not counting Manos: Hands of Fate of course...
    Ha! I love Zombie Lake - it's terrible, but so good because of it - and quite a lot of fun, too. It's just so silly and obsessed with nude women and green paint zombies that you can't help but love it. I remember seeing the 'sports team skinny dip' scene first in "Zombiethon" years before I actually saw the full film (which, IIRC, was a much earlier Arrow Video release going back to like 2003).

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Zombie Creeping Flesh/Virus/Dusk of the Dead or, as I like to call it, Hell of the Living Dead is excellent.

If you like nature photography.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Oh the depths to which trash cinema has sunk long before the times of Bruno Mattei and his crew.

I'd like to say that the absolute worst film I've ever seen is probably a little "gem" called Zombie Lake. Not counting Manos: Hands of Fate of course...
    Oh there's plenty out there no doubt.

Unfortunately, Rollin's effort is just plain awful, with no real redeeming factors. It's simply unenjoyable as is its brother 'Oasis of the Zombies' (by Jess Franco), which is contrasted by the likes of 'Zombie Creeping Flesh', which is, at times, laugh out loud and enjoyable in only a way sheer incompetence can bring about.

"Shit-faced bastards! Lousy bunch of TURDS! Brainless monkies! Ha, ha, you can't catch me! Get back to your graves! Come on! This way! I'm waiting for ya!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    As for that ZFE error, IIRC my copy is fine and dandy (I think I would have noticed those missing couple of seconds because of the cut from the music to the audio being so familiar) ... now though I'm all paranoid and will have to check, haha, but nah I think it'll be fine as I think it's a re-release.
    Now!

See what I've done to ya!

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Super Moderator

UK
    Unfortunately, Rollin's effort is just plain awful, with no real redeeming factors. It's simply unenjoyable as is its brother 'Oasis of the Zombies' (by Jess Franco).

- - - Updated - - -

Now!

See what I've done to ya!

1) "Oasis of the Zombies" - yep, quite terrible ... but I kind of quite like it in some ways ... perhaps more the idea of it, or parts of it, than anything else. I'd love to make a spoof of that particular breed of zombie film.

2)

Now, where's the rum?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Noah - D+.
    Do you remember when Russell Crowe used to appear in good films?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Nymphomaniac Vol. 1 - 7.5/10

Solid flick, kept me watching. Not always consistent, and some of the dialogue can get a bit clunky/pretentious (e.g. comparing the intricacies of fly fishing to an early tale of Joe's sexual history), and Shia's "British accent" is ... I don't know what it is ... but it's an intriguing film over all. I'll probably be watching Vol. 2 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Do you remember when Russell Crowe used to appear in good films?
    "The Nice Guys" is looking like it'll be pretty darn cool.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 28-Apr-2016 at 09:43 AM.

Ireland
    'Deadpool'

5/10

Ireland
    'Planes, Trains and Automobiles'

6.5/10

- - - Updated - - -

'Minions'

4/10

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    'Planes, Trains and Automobiles'

6.5/10
    Is there anything you DO like?

Ireland
    Erm...I do like it?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Batman v Superman. Now that it's hit the net in DVD quality I was able to give it a watch on the comfort of my own home. The film clearly has flaws but I still think it's a serviceable entry into the new DC cinematic universe. I think the many references and set ups to future films play a big part in confusing the average viewer but work quote well for fans of DC comics. I had hoped for more but I definitely don't think it's the disaster that some are making it out go be.

Being tasked with launching an entire universe was no easy task, but i do believe Snyder did the best he could with the material given. Looking forward to his Justice League but more so to the solo Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, and Affleck directed Batman solo films.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Batman v Superman. Now that it's hit the net in DVD quality I was able to give it a watch on the comfort of my own home. The film clearly has flaws but I still think it's a serviceable entry into the new DC cinematic universe. I think the many references and set ups to future films play a big part in confusing the average viewer but work quote well for fans of DC comics. I had hoped for more but I definitely don't think it's the disaster that some are making it out go be.

Being tasked with launching an entire universe was no easy task, but i do believe Snyder did the best he could with the material given. Looking forward to his Justice League but more so to the solo Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, and Affleck directed Batman solo films.
    I agree that it probably wasn't all Snyder's fault - I think both Man of Steel and BvS had some big Warner Bros' Studio involvement. He also switched from his usual composer for these films - maybe a decision out of his hands? Well, who knows...

As for the question "Is it really as bad as people make it out to be?" the answer is yes. Exhibit A: The scene where Wonder Woman browses Youtube for 5 minutes...

Super Moderator

UK
    Nymphomaniac Vol. II - 7/10

Much darker than the first volume. Shia's 'British accent' continued to be awful (and at times impenetrable), but pretty solid throughout.

The Wolf Pack - 7.5/10

That doc about the several brothers who spent most of their lives locked up in a New York apartment until only very recently. Fascinating and very strange.

Drive - 9.5/10

A third spin for this one. Still utterly superb.

The Overnight - 7.5/10

Exec Produced by the Duplass Brothers, so you can guess what sort of vibe the flick has. Quite brief, not uproariously funny - more quirky/strange funny - but I quite enjoyed it.

Cold in July - 8.5/10

A second spin for this one. A very dark and brooding and altogether masculine thriller.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Drive - 9.5/10

A third spin for this one. Still utterly superb.
    Still not watched this yet!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Still not watched this yet!

Sort it out!