Page 67 of 173 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2589

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Super Moderator

UK
    Ant Man - 8/10

Thoroughly enjoyable, even if the plot is essentially Iron Man all over again but with different characters. The weakest element was the villain, and there seemed to be little elements of the plot that had been skipped over or perhaps cut out resulting in little plotholes that you just have to go with. However, Rudd was excellent (and Pena was excellent as the comedy sidekick), and it was a really enjoyable film - all the Ant Man action was inventive and had fun with the concept. So, a rubbish villain, but an awful lot of fun.

Escape From The Planet of the Apes - 8/10

Gradually catching up with these (just got Conquest and Battle to do now). It was really quite fun to begin with, and then holy shit - that ending! You'd never get an ending like that in a mainstream Hollywood movie these days! Over all really enjoyable, even the eyebrow raising bleakness of the climax.

National Lampoon: Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead - 8/10

I've never read the magazine (it was before my time), but I've been aware of it for most of my life - mostly through the movies with its name tagged on. This was a fascinating look behind the scenes at the creation and life of the magazine - well worth seeing, even if you never read the magazine but were only aware of it like me.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The Nice Guys: MZ -I remember you're a fan of Shane Black's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend it! Classic Black from start to finish. 9/10

The Jungle Book(2016): Jon Favreau really knows how to make family entertainment with elements for all age groups, as evidenced by his past films. This is no different, even if the animal CGI isn't as great as say the new Planet of the Apes, it's made up for by great visuals, voice acting(bill Murray sounded sincere!?!) and of course the coming of age tale with Mowgli. 8\10

X-Men Apocalypse:
    not at all the disaster I've heard it made out to be. It's the big finale to the First Class trilogy and it didn't disappoint or pale in comparison to the first two entries. 7/10
    Last edited by bassman; 15-Aug-2016 at 12:38 AM. Reason: .

Super Moderator

UK
    The Good Dinosaur - 6/10

Much more 'kid oriented', especially compared to Inside Out. TGD has a few emotional moments that are well handled, but it's a far simpler story overall, and is much lighter on jokes, so it feels. The visuals, on the other hand, are incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    The Nice Guys: MZ -I remember you're a fan of Shane Black's Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend it! Classic Black from start to finish. 9/10
    Very good to hear! I've got the Blu-Ray pre-ordered, so will be seeing it next month. I'm really looking forward to it!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 15-Aug-2016 at 10:13 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Becoming Jane I saw the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice a few months ago and thought it was pretty damn good. So I caught this. It's meh. But if someone wants to spend 2 hours in Edwardian England, it's a good way to pass the time.

Brazil. I have seen it before, but now they had an outdoor showing of it. Fantastic! I remember it being good, but this film is a five starrer. It's fantastically creative, funny and manages to convey a society built on beaurocratic ineptitude. Nobody in this world seems to be aware of the fact that they're living in a totalitarian state either - or they don't care. A nice touch.

Ireland
    'Stranger Things'

9/10

Not a film, but a series that plays out like a long film. Channels the 80's/Stephen King/ET and whole host of other crap I grew up with and I thought it was great. Burned through the whole show in one sitting.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    'Stranger Things'

9/10

Not a film, but a series that plays out like a long film. Channels the 80's/Stephen King/ET and whole host of other crap I grew up with and I thought it was great. Burned through the whole show in one sitting.
    I've got two episodes to go, but this show is fantastic! Such a great throwback! I enjoyed Super 8, which channeled this same sort of era, but Stranger Things tops it on so many levels.

Ireland
    It's great isn't it? It's so great, I might even sit through it all again when the wife watches it.

Super Moderator

United States
    It's great isn't it? It's so great, I might even sit through it all again when the wife watches it.
    Yup, it was great fun!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    I've been hearing consistently good things about Stranger Things. I must check it out sometime, although I don't have Netflix so it might be a while.

Ireland
    'Time Bandits'

8.5/10

- - - Updated - - -

'Imperium'

3/10

Rather childish and simplistic take on its subject. Too obvious and neat and in the end doesn't say anything.

Ireland
    'Cape Fear'

8/10

Marred by an ending that proves to be inferior to the preceding 3/4's. But much better than I remember from 25 years ago. Especially Juliette Lewis, who I thought was utter crap back then. But looking at it with adult eyes, that performance is a whole new revelation.

'Rambo'

1/10

FFS.

Super Moderator

UK
    The Survivalist - 7.5/10

If you dig stripped-back character studies against a backdrop of some mysterious apocalypse/world-buggering event, then this might be for you. It's an Irish film and it almost entirely takes place on one loner's small patch of land (and inside his shed/cabin in which he lives a scruffy life). Fairly bleak, it's probably how a real 'end of society' scenario would look and feel. Well worth checking out.

'Rambo'

1/10

FFS.
    Ach! Come on, now!
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 24-Aug-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Administrator

England
    Suicide Squad - 6.5/10
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    The Green Room - very good, I'd give it an A-. Loved it, and wished I'd seen it in the theater. Patrick Stewart and gang, whoa!

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Ach! Come on, now!
    Get out you! Mr Positive.

Anyway, moving on...

'Prisoners of the Lost Universe'

6/10 cheese rating

2/10 reality rating.

STILL better than 'Rambo'.

'The Return of Captain Nemo'

3/10 (purely for nostalgia)

Also better than 'Rambo'.